Bahai Forums

Go Back   Baha'i Forums > Baha'i Forums > Baha'i History

Baha'i History Baha'i History: The Báb, Bahá'u'lláh, `Abdu'l-Bahá


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2018, 03:17 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2018
From: OREGON
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
Ohhhhhh.

I think from what you are saying you're one of those that believes that there isn't really material scarcity in the world and that human competition is the sole cause of scarcity.
Cruel dirty rotten disobedience to God tactics implemented into competition is, not simply "human competition".


Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
Well that makes a lot of your posts make sense, but I'm sorry, you're going to have to prove that is the case. I suggest you prove it by going out into the woods to live a hunter/gatherer lifestyle yourself for a while and see just how easy it is.
I'll take that to suggest you're not too fond of most Indigneous nomadic peoples of North America and South America, nor think too highly of them before they interacted with Europeans and their African slaves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
'Cause until you prove to me that you can live a hunter-gatherer lifestyle without taking any dangerous risks, you won't convince me that polygamy was not necessary at some point in time, and until you go out and experience that lifestyle for yourself, I won't convince you on the matter either.
"dangerous risks" ?

How dangerous is hunting Buffalo where there is vast herds of them if its easy enough to learn to build a spear, a bow and some arrows, and then accurately shoot and throw those weapons to harvest enough of the Buffalos to feed your entire tribe and have surplus year after year after year?

But when a parasite tribe from across a continent commits scorched earth genocide tactics? And never stops, . . . what kind of extreme "dangerous risks" do you really expect?


Funny little musings on the whole Polygamy rationale: American Indian genocide and a little jewish actor (reaping the spoils of war), the irony that Christopher Columbus was a Jew, and the same ole' (reaping the spoils the of the remaining squaws). Essentially this is yeat another one of hollywood's b.s. little propagandas " to the victor goes the spoils" rational for the whole less than ideal survival mode that "polygamy was necessary" case, rather than the scarcity derived from unnecessary cruel beast like competition.

Last edited by ReturnofZealSeeker; 07-23-2018 at 03:37 PM.
 
Join Baha'i Forums


Welcome to Baha'i Forums, an open Baha'i Faith community! We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the Baha'i Forums family!


Old 07-23-2018, 03:30 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Canada
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofZealSeeker View Post
you never offered anything to make a grade to know what you're even talking about except another context muddle
I don't claim to even really be part of this conversation. I just see that your arguments are degrading because you can't defend them, and pointed it out.

You're not innocent here either. Material scarcity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofZealSeeker
Cruel dirty rotten disobedience to God tactics implemented into competition is, not simply "human competition".
I just think you are sounding a little insane here and effectively attacking people because they have arguments and points that disagree with your small, small safety bubble, and the reason I have not spoken much to you is because frankly I do not have the immense patience that Tonyfish and Walrus seem to be displaying.
 
Old 07-23-2018, 03:41 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2018
From: OREGON
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saveyist View Post
I just think you are sounding a little insane here and effectively attacking people because they have arguments and points that disagree with your small, small safety bubble, and the reason I have not spoken much to you is because frankly I do not have the immense patience that Tonyfish and Walrus seem to be displaying.
Why do you think I'm sounding insane? I bet you can't even explain what you think without proving yourself sounding pretty insane here.
 
Old 07-23-2018, 03:43 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2018
From: OREGON
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saveyist View Post
I have not spoken much to you is because frankly I do not have the immense patience that Tonyfish and Walrus seem to be displaying.
For what little you've even wrote. Perhaps that lack of "patience" has some cowardice mixed in?
 
Old 07-23-2018, 04:04 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2018
From: OREGON
Posts: 118
quoting Saveyist
Quote:
Senior Member

Joined: Nov 2015
From: Canada
Posts: 131

I'm sorry but YOUR POINT DOES NOT become more valid WHEN YOU TYPE IT like this. It just makes you sound EDGY!

Also I'd love to hear your response to what Walrus asked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus
But in the ancient era, where there are going to be more men that die than women, what is your alternate solution?? I'm still awaiting one.
I don't answer loaded questions loaded with assumptions. You're asking about a bunch of hypothetical speculative hypothetical bullcrap. But when persistent little insulting jabs start getting thrown, well I guess a context is due to re-clarify for those too lazy to even have a clue of thought other than ego-reaction to me proclaiming polygamy is not as necessary as you might think Walrus and his sidekick "senior member from Canada". HYPOTHETICALLY in A BRUTAL BRUTAL primitive society of Hunter Gatherers: If the men of a society are droppping like flies hunting wooly mammoths and getting mauled by saber tooth tigers, to where there's like 1 man to 3 women, at what point do the women learn to hunt better or the whole tribe starve anyways? As though they have nothing better to do except lay on their backed and spread their legs and get impregnated more and more?
 
Old 07-23-2018, 04:21 PM   #46
Minor Bloodsucker
 
gnat's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2014
From: Stockholm
Posts: 1,711
Well, I'm reminded of the saying "If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is likely to be a duck" But in the case of the starter of this thread, he certainly talks like a Bahá'i, but he didn't absorb much of the spirit, including respectfulness, consideration, courtesy and detachment. That's why I find these discussions rather boring.

Best,

from

gnat
 
Old 07-23-2018, 04:49 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2018
From: OREGON
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnat View Post
Well, I'm reminded of the saying "If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is likely to be a duck" But in the case of the starter of this thread, he certainly talks like a Bahá'i, but he didn't absorb much of the spirit, including respectfulness, consideration, courtesy and detachment. That's why I find these discussions rather boring.

Best,

from

gnat
but exciting enough for you to read and respond
 
Old 07-23-2018, 05:54 PM   #48
Minor Bloodsucker
 
gnat's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2014
From: Stockholm
Posts: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofZealSeeker View Post
but exciting enough for you to read and respond
You raise subjects that could be of interest, but your rudeness makes me lose interest in them.

gnat
 
Old 07-24-2018, 12:03 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Canada
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnat View Post
You raise subjects that could be of interest, but your rudeness makes me lose interest in them.

gnat
Couldn't have said it better.

Last edited by Saveyist; 07-24-2018 at 12:55 AM.
 
Old 07-24-2018, 05:44 AM   #50
Senior Member
 
Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Wisconsin
Posts: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofZealSeeker View Post
Cruel dirty rotten disobedience to God tactics implemented into competition is, not simply "human competition".

I'll take that to suggest you're not too fond of most Indigneous nomadic peoples of North America and South America, nor think too highly of them before they interacted with Europeans and their African slaves?
No I respect their cultures, and from that respect I have the knowledge they did not live in the manner you describe. Do you think their lives was free of struggle?? Hah!! You haven't talked to any Inuit, I take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofZealSeeker View Post
"dangerous risks" ?

How dangerous is hunting Buffalo where there is vast herds of them if its easy enough to learn to build a spear, a bow and some arrows, and then accurately shoot and throw those weapons to harvest enough of the Buffalos to feed your entire tribe and have surplus year after year after year?
That's a laughable counterargument.

You're arguing how easy it was to hunt bison by posting a video about the decimation of the bison after the introduction of firearms and horses.

Hunting bison is by no means easy or simple, which is why Amerindians had to get clever to hunt the creatures. You might want to read From the Heart of the Crow Country. The Crow Indians' Own Stories by Joseph Medicine Crow which notes the many hunting methods.

Last edited by Walrus; 07-24-2018 at 05:52 AM.
 
Old 07-24-2018, 04:23 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2018
From: OREGON
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
No I respect their cultures, and from that respect I have the knowledge they did not live in the manner you describe. Do you think their lives was free of struggle?? Hah!! You haven't talked to any Inuit, I take it.



That's a laughable counterargument.

You're arguing how easy it was to hunt bison by posting a video about the decimation of the bison after the introduction of firearms and horses.

Hunting bison is by no means easy or simple, which is why Amerindians had to get clever to hunt the creatures. You might want to read From the Heart of the Crow Country. The Crow Indians' Own Stories by Joseph Medicine Crow which notes the many hunting methods.

Walrus

you know what I mean, and you know you're completely diluting the whole premise and point of what you disagree with. You insist polygamy was absolutely necessary in more primitive tribal times and sure yeah I concede its entirely plausible that when groups of men go out on hunting and fishing expeditions they have certain life insurance agreements within their band of brotherhood with cammaraderie and loyalty to the tribe. The conversation might go like this between rotations of fishing/hunting expeditions where 1 captain of a fishing boat or hunting party says to another whose on standby "Hey Sven the North seas are kind of rough and this fishing expedition could kill us, if my old lady becomes a widow and won't bear my child after all the sex I had with her last night, could you do the honors and mate with her if I should go? I anoint you to that taks. There's trust and understanding for group survival. " YEAH I GET THAT, . . . . Yeah that's understandable, but the whole original point of the discussion was the kind of psychopathy of elitism and the dirty tricks of eliminating competition that most polygamous societies practice and have been practicing for a very long time.






homosexual coercion.



Do you not find any of these videos disturbing or wrong? Do you not feel a need for that to end? What kind of Bahai person or spiritual person are you if you don't?

Last edited by ReturnofZealSeeker; 07-24-2018 at 04:29 PM.
 
Old 07-24-2018, 10:49 PM   #52
Tony Bristow-Stagg
 
tonyfish58's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
From: Normanton Far North Queensland
Posts: 4,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofZealSeeker View Post
Do you not find any of these videos disturbing or wrong? Do you not feel a need for that to end? What kind of Bahai person or spiritual person are you if you don't?
By watching them, or posting them, one has already participated.

To keep the mind pure, mind must have no part in it.

Regards Tony
 
Old 07-25-2018, 05:42 AM   #53
Senior Member
 
Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Wisconsin
Posts: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofZealSeeker View Post

Walrus

you know what I mean, and you know you're completely diluting the whole premise and point of what you disagree with. You insist polygamy was absolutely necessary in more primitive tribal times and sure yeah I concede its entirely plausible that when groups of men go out on hunting and fishing expeditions they have certain life insurance agreements within their band of brotherhood with cammaraderie and loyalty to the tribe. The conversation might go like this between rotations of fishing/hunting expeditions where 1 captain of a fishing boat or hunting party says to another whose on standby "Hey Sven the North seas are kind of rough and this fishing expedition could kill us, if my old lady becomes a widow and won't bear my child after all the sex I had with her last night, could you do the honors and mate with her if I should go? I anoint you to that taks. There's trust and understanding for group survival. " YEAH I GET THAT, . . . . Yeah that's understandable, but the whole original point of the discussion was the kind of psychopathy of elitism and the dirty tricks of eliminating competition that most polygamous societies practice and have been practicing for a very long time.







Do you not find any of these videos disturbing or wrong? Do you not feel a need for that to end? What kind of Bahai person or spiritual person are you if you don't?
Your sense of time is off.

My argument is polygamy is necessary for a certain time period in the past. You post videos about the problems of polygamy in modern times.

Just like you tried to prove Amerindian life was easy in the precolonial era by posting a video about how easy it was to hunt bison post-colonial.

Stick to the relevant times being discussed, if you are intellectually capable of such a thing. Stop using the future as evidence of the past.

You began this thread discussing Baha'i polygamy, which is a thing of the past. Then you post things about polygamy in the present and say things like "Do you not feel a need for that to end?"

Make up your mind. Are we discussing polygamy in the past, in which case your videos about the present are irrelevant, or are we discussing polygamy now, in which case your original post mentioning polygamy in the early Baha'i community is irrelevant??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofZealSeeker View Post

Walrus

you know what I mean, and you know you're completely diluting the whole premise and point of what you disagree with. You insist polygamy was absolutely necessary in more primitive tribal times and sure yeah I concede its entirely plausible that when groups of men go out on hunting and fishing expeditions they have certain life insurance agreements within their band of brotherhood with cammaraderie and loyalty to the tribe.
Lol, if you concede the point, why did you spend so much time trying to argue how easy ancient lifestyles were or could have been??

Last edited by Walrus; 07-25-2018 at 05:45 AM.
 
Old 07-25-2018, 04:20 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2018
From: OREGON
Posts: 118
Quote:
By watching them, or posting them, one has already participated.

To keep the mind pure, mind must have no part in it.

Regards Tony
So you put on rose colored glasses play bliss bunny naive and ignore child sexual abuse? I mean what are you really trying to say? Do you even realize how you sound by saying that?

Last edited by ReturnofZealSeeker; 07-25-2018 at 04:53 PM.
 
Old 07-25-2018, 04:43 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2018
From: OREGON
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
Your sense of time is off.

My argument is polygamy is necessary for a certain time period in the past. You post videos about the problems of polygamy in modern times.

Just like you tried to prove Amerindian life was easy in the precolonial era by posting a video about how easy it was to hunt bison post-colonial.

Stick to the relevant times being discussed, if you are intellectually capable of such a thing. Stop using the future as evidence of the past.
----------------
You began this thread discussing Baha'i polygamy, which is a thing of the past. Then you post things about polygamy in the present and say things like "Do you not feel a need for that to end?"
-
Make up your mind. Are we discussing polygamy in the past, in which case your videos about the present are irrelevant, or are we discussing polygamy now, in which case your original post mentioning polygamy in the early Baha'i community is irrelevant??
-


Lol, if you concede the point, why did you spend so much time trying to argue how easy ancient lifestyles were or could have been??
All the problems with polygamy I've discussed are valid problems with polygamy in the past present and future and you clearly disagree. And that there's that problem. You insist polygamy was absolutely necessary in the past and I still stick to my premise that you're still making speculative hypothetical cases that those times were always rife with extreme emergency cases where male population is reduced, surmising about those scenerios were like. An emergency is not suppose to be the normality or the ideal or the optimal. An emergency is not the goal.

You like your greatest latest manifestation as the Great savior of the World and pretend his polygamous lifestyle was acceptable? , where his 2nd wife, 3rd wife wasn't a convenient Eltist arrangement for greedy filthy f-ing rich psychopathic Elitist Persian Aristocracy who arranged a scarcity of heterosexual males?

so he could shag his Cousin and gave birth to "The Stirrer of Sediton"? And you pretend that didn't produce stressors, jealousy and envy? As though maybe Baha'u'llah didn't have to compromise some principles? And you pretend While in the meantime they're were not pushing like this: . in the time of Baha'u'llah?

Quote:
This is translated by the Universal House of Justice as:

"We shrink, for very shame, from treating the subject of boys. Fear ye the Merciful, O peoples of the world! Commit not that which is forbidden you in Our Holy Tablet, and be not of those who rove distractedly in the wilderness of their desire." Verse 107 of the Book of Aqdas

The Arabic term "Ghelmaan" is the plural form of the term "Ghulaam" which according to the Hans Wehr Dictionary of Modern Written Arabic is defined as: boy; youth, lad; slave; servant; waiter. "Ghulaamiya" and "Ghuluma": youth, youthfulness.

The Haim Persian English Dictionary defines the Persian implications of the Arabic term "Ghulaam" as: Slave, Page; lad, Servant, while defining the term "Ghelmaan" as Handsome lads dwelling in Paradise. This particular meaning associated with the term Ghelmaan comes from the following verse of the Qur'an wherein this term is used:

"They shall there exchange one with another a (loving) cup free of frivolity free of all taint of ill. Round about them will serve (devoted) to them youths (handsome) [The Arabic term similar to the Book of Aqdas is used: "Ghelmaan". KH] as Pearls well-guarded." Qur'an 52:23-24
, https://bahai-library.com/hakim_note..._homosexuality

If thaty's youre naive attitude you're a deluded moron like the rest of the blisslbunny yuppy bahais ruining the American Bahai community during the 1980's where I grew up.

https://bahai-library.com/hakim_note..._homosexuality


https://bahai-library.com/hakim_note..._homosexuality

Last edited by ReturnofZealSeeker; 07-25-2018 at 04:48 PM.
 
Old 07-25-2018, 04:53 PM   #56
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2018
From: OREGON
Posts: 118
Quote:
Just like you tried to prove Amerindian life was easy in the precolonial era by posting a video about how easy it was to hunt bison post-colonial.
No. You know damn well what I meant. The genocide of American Indians via slaughtering and reducing Buffalo for no reason except bloody godless cruelty was the problem. Take your context splice and dice and stick it where the sun don't shine. I don't know why I even bother. Its reduced to a game of insult flinging.

Last edited by ReturnofZealSeeker; 07-25-2018 at 04:55 PM.
 
Reply

  Baha'i Forums > Baha'i Forums > Baha'i History

Tags
disorder, families, narcissistic, personality, polygamous, risk



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook @bahaiforums RSS


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2006 - 2018 Bahai Forums. All rights reserved.