|04-20-2015, 02:13 PM||#1|
Joined: Aug 2010
From: Leiden, the Netherlands
Ridvan message, 2015
The 2015 Ridvan message from the Universal House of Justice is available as plain html on the documents archive of my Bahai studies blog. It is also available as a pdf here. This year’s message, in seven paragraphs, refers to various signs that the moral force that sustains society has been depleted, and contrasts that to the community-building process in which the Bahais are participating.
Paragraph six summarizes recent developments:
– efforts to methodically catalogue and index the Bahai scriptures, so as to accelerate their publication in both the original languages and in English translations.
– work to establish eight Mashriqu’l-Adhkars (houses of worship) around the world.
– More effective external affairs work by the National Spiritual Assemblies.
– New branch Offices of the Baha’i International Community, in Addis Ababa and Jakarta, will assist the Bahais’ United Nations Offices in New York, Geneva and Brussels, to present Baha’i perspectives in Africa and Southeast Asia.
– The creation at the World Centre of the Office for the Development of Administrative Systems, to assist those National Spiritual Assemblies that are increasing their administrative capacities.
– Establishment of a seven-member International Advisory Board to the Office of Social and Economic Development, to focus on initiatives for social action to improve social and economic circumstances. Three members of the Board will also serve as the Office’s coordinating team and be resident in Israel.
|04-24-2015, 05:29 AM||#2|
Joined: Sep 2011
Yes, that part raises many questions.
For example, I failed to see how cataloging and indexing the Baha”i Scriptures accelerate their publication in the original languages.
I can imagine a publication of a lengthy Tablet with numerous footnotes and cross-references to other Scriptures. That would be worthy of intensive cataloging and indexing. But let us be fair, Baha’i institutions after the time of the Guardian don’t publish such academic works.
So I don’t understand why they at the BWC just cannot publish Tablets and let do the indexing independent researchers who would love to have the originals published.