Bahai Forums

Go Back   Baha'i Forums > Baha'i Forums > Baha'i Teachings

Baha'i Teachings Baha'i Teachings and Doctrine - Social Principles, Greater Covenant, Lesser Covenant


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2015, 03:26 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2011
From: n ireland
Posts: 1,747
Thank you Dr Susan Maneck

Within the last twenty four hours our beloved Susan has invested a huge amount of time and effort in sharing her opinions, knowledge and faith with us and it all has been so very useful in my own personal development. Thank you beloved Susan, you will always be in my prayers that Our Father will bless your work and will eternally guid you along the path of the Ancient of Ancients. Allah'u'abha
 
Join Baha'i Forums


Welcome to Baha'i Forums, an open Baha'i Faith community! We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the Baha'i Forums family!


Old 07-23-2015, 04:08 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Florida
Posts: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidan View Post
Within the last twenty four hours our beloved Susan has invested a huge amount of time and effort in sharing her opinions, knowledge and faith with us and it all has been so very useful in my own personal development. Thank you beloved Susan, you will always be in my prayers that Our Father will bless your work and will eternally guid you along the path of the Ancient of Ancients. Allah'u'abha
 
Old 07-23-2015, 10:21 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: Blue Planet
Posts: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidan View Post
Within the last twenty four hours our beloved Susan has invested a huge amount of time and effort in sharing her opinions, knowledge and faith with us and it all has been so very useful in my own personal development. Thank you beloved Susan, you will always be in my prayers that Our Father will bless your work and will eternally guid you along the path of the Ancient of Ancients. Allah'u'abha
yes yes
 
Old 07-23-2015, 11:02 PM   #4
Kam
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: Perth, Australia
Posts: 147
Yes yes yes
 
Old 07-23-2015, 11:04 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2009
From: Jackson, MS
Posts: 478
Well, thank you. i was feeling a bit guilty about having abandoned you.
 
Old 07-23-2015, 11:06 PM   #6
Kam
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: Perth, Australia
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaneck View Post
Well, thank you. i was feeling a bit guilty about having abandoned you.

I still would love your personal translation of the "teaching is until 2044" Tablet of Abdu'l-Baha though

Kam
 
Old 07-23-2015, 11:42 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2009
From: Jackson, MS
Posts: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam View Post
I still would love your personal translation of the "teaching is until 2044" Tablet of Abdu'l-Baha though

Kam

i'm afraid i'm having trouble locating it, but I believe i got it from Khazeh Fananapazir.
 
Old 07-23-2015, 11:59 PM   #8
Kam
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: Perth, Australia
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaneck View Post
i'm afraid i'm having trouble locating it, but I believe i got it from Khazeh Fananapazir.
Thanks Susan, I will email him and ask

Kam
 
Old 07-24-2015, 02:47 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2011
From: n ireland
Posts: 1,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaneck View Post
Well, thank you. i was feeling a bit guilty about having abandoned you.
I'm well aware of the work you do on the Christian Forum. Please call on us from time to time, just to see if there's anything you can contribute Susie
 
Old 07-24-2015, 04:12 PM   #10
Tony Bristow-Stagg
 
tonyfish58's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
From: Normanton Far North Queensland
Posts: 3,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidan View Post
I'm well aware of the work you do on the Christian Forum. Please call on us from time to time, just to see if there's anything you can contribute Susie
I just had to keep answering the questions over there.

Posted meat when milk was required

God bless all those with Patience and to all those who do not have paitence, see you in the Solomon Islands if you ask God for Patience

Regards Tony
 
Old 07-25-2015, 05:37 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2010
From: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,105
I'll join the "fan group"

It has been a long while since I last conversed with Susan but she is a fantastic source of scholarly expertise, wisdom and intellect.

She ran rings around many of my fellows on a certain forum we both belonged too (hint, it was my religion !). I do wonder if she'll ever make a 'second coming', so to speak, on CAF...

I'm very glad to see she is still knocking around. I haven't been on Baha'i Forums for a long while but I will pop in from time to time.

Applying for firms in commercial law is wearisome to the flesh, so my allotted time is restricted these days compared with my teenage years and very early twenties (those days are gone)....

Last edited by Yeshua; 07-25-2015 at 05:40 AM.
 
Old 07-25-2015, 06:24 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
BlinkeyBill's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
From: Quilimari,Chile
Posts: 4,211
Polite responses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeshua View Post
I'll join the "fan group"

It has been a long while since I last conversed with Susan but she is a fantastic source of scholarly expertise, wisdom and intellect.

She ran rings around many of my fellows on a certain forum we both belonged too (hint, it was my religion !). I do wonder if she'll ever make a 'second coming', so to speak, on CAF...

I'm very glad to see she is still knocking around. I haven't been on Baha'i Forums for a long while but I will pop in from time to time.

Applying for firms in commercial law is wearisome to the flesh, so my allotted time is restricted these days compared with my teenage years and very early twenties (those days are gone)....
Dear friend I for one am so happy to see you here again. I have always been so happy to see your polite responses, without name calling, just accepting that we differ at times, but accepting what is true in our two faiths, with equality and honesty.
All the very best wishes in your career.

Loving regards
bill
 
Old 07-25-2015, 06:32 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2010
From: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkeyBill View Post
Dear friend I for one am so happy to see you here again. I have always been so happy to see your polite responses, without name calling, just accepting that we differ at times, but accepting what is true in our two faiths, with equality and honesty.
All the very best wishes in your career.

Loving regards
bill
Dear Bill,

Your kind words are warmly reciprocated and I heartily agree with the sentiments expressed above.

If I may quote something related to what you say, which I read recently in the works of Cardinal De Lugo (a. d. 1583-1660) a Jesuit, Theological Professor,and a Cardinal writing in Rome under the eyes of Pope Urban VIII


Quote:
"...the members of the various Christian sects, of the Jewish and Mohammedan communions, and of the non-Christian philosophies, who achieved and achieve their salvation, do so simply by God's grace aiding their good faith instinctively to concentrate itself upon, and to practise, those elements in the cultus and teaching of their respective sect, communion or philosophy, which are true and good and originally revealed by God..."

-Cardinal Juan De Lugo (a. d. 1583-1660), De Fide, Disputations

Quote:
"...It would follow that a Jew or other non-Christian could be saved; for he could have a supernatural faith in the one God, and be invincibly ignorant about Christ...The possibility of salvation for such a person is not ruled out...moreover, such a person should not be called a 'non-Christian', because, even through he has not been visibly joined to the church, still, interiorly he has the virtue of habitual and actual faith in common with the church, and in the sight of God he will be reckoned with the Christians..."

- Cardinal Juan de Lugo (1583-1660), De Libro hominis arbitrio et divina libri X
He was a precursor to the theology of Nostra Aetate at Vatican II and I think that his words fit very well the sentiment you describe.

I pray that you are in good health and comfortable circumstances,

Warm regards,

Yeshua

Last edited by Yeshua; 07-25-2015 at 06:35 AM.
 
Old 07-25-2015, 06:50 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
BlinkeyBill's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
From: Quilimari,Chile
Posts: 4,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeshua View Post
Dear Bill,

Your kind words are warmly reciprocated and I heartily agree with the sentiments expressed above.

If I may quote something related to what you say, which I read recently in the works of Cardinal De Lugo (a. d. 1583-1660) a Jesuit, Theological Professor,and a Cardinal writing in Rome under the eyes of Pope Urban VIII

He was a precursor to the theology of Nostra Aetate at Vatican II and I think that his words fit very well the sentiment you describe.

I pray that you are in good health and comfortable circumstances,

Warm regards,

Yeshua
Dear Yeshua, no not the best of heath, but we are not on this earth for ever, thankfully. Big smile.

And yes as a Baha-i I agree non of us can know with certainty that we are saved, is only by His grace that we are accepted. Is nice to know that some Christian scholars also agree with this understanding.

Thank you for supplying these quotes, they are most interesting and I may say enlightening and loving, far different than what many believe.

Loving regards always
bill
 
Old 07-25-2015, 08:46 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2011
From: n ireland
Posts: 1,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeshua View Post
I'll join the "fan group"

It has been a long while since I last conversed with Susan but she is a fantastic source of scholarly expertise, wisdom and intellect.

She ran rings around many of my fellows on a certain forum we both belonged too (hint, it was my religion !). I do wonder if she'll ever make a 'second coming', so to speak, on CAF...

I'm very glad to see she is still knocking around. I haven't been on Baha'i Forums for a long while but I will pop in from time to time.

Applying for firms in commercial law is wearisome to the flesh, so my allotted time is restricted these days compared with my teenage years and very early twenties (those days are gone)....
Wonderful to hear from you again my young old friend. Please visit more often, your contributions always provoke thought May God assist your endeavours in all that you hope to achieve. Commercial law so badly needs people of morals
 
Old 07-25-2015, 10:27 AM   #16
Tony Bristow-Stagg
 
tonyfish58's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
From: Normanton Far North Queensland
Posts: 3,915
Great to hear from on you Yeshua

Please return from time to time.

God bless and regards Tony
 
Old 07-25-2015, 12:25 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2009
From: Jackson, MS
Posts: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeshua View Post
I'll join the "fan group"

It has been a long while since I last conversed with Susan but she is a fantastic source of scholarly expertise, wisdom and intellect.
Speak for yourself Yeshua! Between you and Paul we should have a jolly good time here!

Quote:
She ran rings around many of my fellows on a certain forum we both belonged too (hint, it was my religion !). I do wonder if she'll ever make a 'second coming', so to speak, on CAF...
As you know, I found the moderation there a little hard to take. I nearly wrote to their Bishop complaining about the antisemitism being promoted there.

Quote:
I'm very glad to see she is still knocking around. I haven't been on Baha'i Forums for a long while but I will pop in from time to time.
I was away for a good long while too, but you were the first person I looked for, but alas you were gone.

Quote:
Applying for firms in commercial law is wearisome to the flesh, so my allotted time is restricted these days compared with my teenage years and very early twenties (those days are gone)....
You're a lawyer now?
 
Old 07-25-2015, 12:43 PM   #18
Tony Bristow-Stagg
 
tonyfish58's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
From: Normanton Far North Queensland
Posts: 3,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaneck View Post

As you know, I found the moderation there a little hard to take. I nearly wrote to their Bishop complaining about the antisemitism being promoted there.
T'was my appeal to a moderator that was my undoing I think

But in the end most likely the best result. Steve from CAF ventured over here as Sojourner and continued much The same dialect, last we heard he had to have a heart operation and has not returned.

We hope that all went well for Him.

God bless and regards Tony
 
Old 07-25-2015, 03:27 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2009
From: Jackson, MS
Posts: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfish58 View Post
T'was my appeal to a moderator that was my undoing I think
That's what did it to me as well. Pope Francis would get kicked off that list!
 
Reply

  Baha'i Forums > Baha'i Forums > Baha'i Teachings

Tags
maneck, susan



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook @bahaiforums RSS


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2006 - 2017 Bahai Forums. All rights reserved.