Bahai Forums

Go Back   Baha'i Forums > Baha'i Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion Open Baha'i Discussion


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2017, 01:40 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Dorset, England
Posts: 127
View of God

God doesn't exist personal, isn't part of universe or humankind

God is Impersonal like Love
1 John 4:8 "God is love"

John 4:24 "God is spirit"

God is doing of goodness
1 John 4:6 " We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him"

God is One and Love is everlasting, the same forever
1 Corinthians 13:8 "love is eternal..."

Psalm 103:17" But the lovingkindness of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, And His righteousness to children's children,... "

https://nazarethanbahaifaith.wordpre.../?preview=true
 
Join Baha'i Forums


Welcome to Baha'i Forums, an open Baha'i Faith community! We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the Baha'i Forums family!


Old 06-28-2017, 05:04 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
camachoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2017
From: Mexico
Posts: 175
Love, to exist, requires the existence of someone to love.
God is eternal... but what else or who else is eternal?
God could not be a single Lover of Herself... and we cannot think of a "time" where God did not love anyone.

to me, this supports Bahá'u´llah's teaching that creation is co-eternal with its Creator.


Probably, and I'm speculating here, there have always been personal entities loved by God, or who love each other.
I am not talking about pre-existence of our human souls. I am talking about other beings in other planets and universes.
The creation is continuously emanating from the Creator. So personal beings must be emanating from God. It is maybe intrinsic to God to beget entities able to love and be loved.
 
Old 06-28-2017, 05:09 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
jupitermadcat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
From: Florida
Posts: 147
I agree with you.
 
Old 06-28-2017, 08:34 PM   #4
Kam
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: Perth, Australia
Posts: 159
....and yet the Creator of all creation is the Manifestation of God, and not God at all.

In fact, God, cannot be said to even exist! He is attribute-less.....

Kam
 
Old 06-30-2017, 03:36 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2017
From: US
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babism View Post
God doesn't exist personal, isn't part of universe or humankind

God is Impersonal like Love
1 John 4:8 "God is love"

John 4:24 "God is spirit"

God is doing of goodness
1 John 4:6 " We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him"

God is One and Love is everlasting, the same forever
1 Corinthians 13:8 "love is eternal..."

Psalm 103:17" But the lovingkindness of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, And His righteousness to children's children,... "

https://nazarethanbahaifaith.wordpre.../?preview=true
Could you explain how love is impersonal please.

Thanks.

peace

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Last edited by popsthebuilder; 06-30-2017 at 09:58 AM.
 
Old 06-30-2017, 05:42 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
camachoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2017
From: Mexico
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam View Post
....and yet the Creator of all creation is the Manifestation of God, and not God at all.

In fact, God, cannot be said to even exist! He is attribute-less.....

Kam
Thank you, Kam, for clarifying the role of Creator.

Now, is existence an attribute? I doubt it.
All attributes presuppose existence.

For example, my existence is not an attribute. Mi height, weight or character are. Attributes seem to be those aspects of my existence that can be perceived, described, talked about.

When we say God exists, I guess we are not describing God in any way.

Later on, a Mormon can say it is a person with a physical body. A Catholic can say it is three persons in one. A pantheist will say is the whole Universe. A prophet of the Old Testament can give him the attributes of a king and Jesus the attributes of a Loving Father.

Like the parable of the blind men knowing an elephant for their first time, the only thing we can claim to have in common is the certainty that "Something/Someone is here" and then talk to each other about its possible attributes.

This is maybe why, when prompted by Moses on giving a name, an attribute or something, so that the Israelites could know who was sending him to free them from slavery in Egypt, the Spirit of Christ/Bahá'u'lláh in the burning bush, said "I am. Tell your people that I am sent you".

Last edited by camachoe; 06-30-2017 at 05:46 AM.
 
Old 06-30-2017, 06:13 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
jupitermadcat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
From: Florida
Posts: 147
Do you believe that Baha'u'lla'h is really Christ returned?
 
Old 06-30-2017, 07:57 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
camachoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2017
From: Mexico
Posts: 175
Yes, jupitemadcat. Figuratively speaking.
I believe that Bahá'u'lláh fulfilled the promise of Christ, came under the same authority, and reflected the Light of God just as Christ did.

In the end of the day, Bahá'u'lláh, Báb, Buddha, or Christ are titles ("The Glory of God", "The Gate", "The Illuminated", "The Anointed/Chosen one"). As titles, I think these names could be applied to more than one person and this would still be truthful (although we do not use it like that for practical reasons).

Now, Jesus of Nazareth and Mizrá Hussein-Alí Nurí, as humans, were certainly different persons. The first did not "reincarnated" in the second.

By the same token, John the Baptist was Elijah returned in a symbolic sense. It is not that Elijah "reincarnated" in John the Baptist.

This is what I think. I am still a student of Bahái Faith... For sure I must be wrong in many many things and I will find out only later...

Last edited by camachoe; 06-30-2017 at 08:01 AM.
 
Old 07-02-2017, 08:51 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Dorset, England
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by camachoe View Post
Yes, jupitemadcat. Figuratively speaking.
I believe that Bahá'u'lláh fulfilled the promise of Christ, came under the same authority, and reflected the Light of God just as Christ did.

In the end of the day, Bahá'u'lláh, Báb, Buddha, or Christ are titles ("The Glory of God", "The Gate", "The Illuminated", "The Anointed/Chosen one"). As titles, I think these names could be applied to more than one person and this would still be truthful (although we do not use it like that for practical reasons).

Now, Jesus of Nazareth and Mizrá Hussein-Alí Nurí, as humans, were certainly different persons. The first did not "reincarnated" in the second.

By the same token, John the Baptist was Elijah returned in a symbolic sense. It is not that Elijah "reincarnated" in John the Baptist.

This is what I think. I am still a student of Bahái Faith... For sure I must be wrong in many many things and I will find out only later...
I agree, that all is true, Holy Spirit dwell not only in manifestation of God but also in each other "noble" person on earth, we are children of Love (God)
 
Reply

  Baha'i Forums > Baha'i Forums > General Discussion

Tags
god, view



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook @bahaiforums RSS


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2006 - 2017 Bahai Forums. All rights reserved.