Bahai Forums

Go Back   Baha'i Forums > Baha'i Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion Open Baha'i Discussion


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2017, 01:49 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2017
From: Europe
Posts: 5
Which GOD ?

I stumbled on this Baha'i, religion/belief and read about its pupose, beliefs.
One world, all humans are equal valued, all animals are equal valued, all life is equal valued (this is what i conclude if im correct).
Another religion ontop of religions, with good intentions.

But which GOD does it refer to, and why ?

Due to the fact again a GOD is mentioned, it will not work obviously.
And also due to the fact is is mentioned to be a belief is the reason why it does not work. It will rather destroy more then make it right.

Believing, or in other words, thinking, assuming, hoping, in short not knowing for sure is not the way to speak about, and I quote;

"Baha段s believe in peace, justice, love, altruism and unity."

For the wise ones out there, if peace, love and such is something you need to believe in, that is the right thing to do, the good thing it should be, does that mean you then doubt about hate, anger, violence, and such are wrong ?
Clearly believing is not knowing for sure, so it is also doubting.

I know for a fact, love, peace and such, are what is right, and how it needs to be. And I also know from this that there is no one who can proof hate or no peace is what there should be. And above all, I know for sure that this what I know about this, is the one only truth. It aint difficult to know lol

But ok I get it, its said to believe in love, peace, unity, and such because in our society and life there is a lot of hate, anger, violence, jealousy and such, so people question themselves how, they are lost, they need answers, a sanctuary, they dont understand how it is possible.

Well that's caused by belief in some GOD.
Believing is a word that describes an act we do, which I guess no one in this whole world understands, nowhere in any book it has the right context of what believing is. There is only one thing, really one thing for which this word can be applied to.
One can only believe in something that he/she self can be, but not is.
And what everyone knows is why he/she is called human, it defines what everyone is a part of, belongs too. And the only thing each individual can believe in is eachother.

There is nothing else someone can do believe in, and the reason why this is something which only can be believed is;
Intrinsic evil human beings do not excist in nature.
We all see people do all kinds of bad and evil things, from ancient past till present day, it did not end. Not one person ever had the full consciouss meaning to hurt another one, never. Those persons who do, have their believe in eachother gone. Not believing in eachother makes it possible, even the slightest believe in something else makes one able to cause hurt.
We cannot know for sure all people do good, as we do not know how broken someone feels from a lost loved one, a broken relationship.....
The last words the terrorists of 911 spoke were, Allah Ewakbah, they tought they did a good thing, a religious good thing for god. Their believe was less here, more there.
Our understanding of love, peace will be tested and filled with unbelieve, giving that believe in eachother up and put it somewhere else will just create more hurt.
Even the most aggressive biting dog has some reason to be like that which was never his intrinsic nature.

Go ahead, another GOD omg.
We need to find eachother, not something else. We need to go back to neutral, where we came from and take our lesson back there, which became our awareness. Positive is an illusion created out of negative when we unbalanced neutral.
There were people living before religions and evil power, they lived in harmony together. Religions, beliefs, gods came not first, first came evil, humans taking power over other humans, lazy asses. Living in such evil makes one find peace, and not able to achieve that piece makes one desperate, so desperate that its going to be some faith, hope, believe and thus a religion, a god is created. All positive can only be experienced when there is negative, we now experience love due to the fact there is much from the opposite arround, when everything would be love like there was long time ago in the beginning between humans, it would not even be felt like it, as this is just what is normal. Hate is wrong, love is normal and nothing else.


So again, why believe ?
Did we not already tried that for way too long, and in way too many things ?
Did no one learned a lesson from it yet ?

One world, one human, one love.
Our global conscioussness collectively connected in to one awareness, this is GOD as an entity. Souls come and go, they were not before and they are not after, but no information is lost. It collects collectively as one soul, but those souls only form the body from which the soul is those who one time will get aware here in life on earth.


owell who am I, just saw a religion who takes this some steps forward in a better concept, better arguments. But again, looses its power by pointing it to wrong visions for people which is to believe, not know.

Quote:
Who is Baha置値lah?

We spend our lives trying to unlock the mystery of the universe, but there was a Turkish prisoner, Baha置値lah
negative thrives on believers of positive, its negatives fuel.
back to neutral is the only way
 
Join Baha'i Forums


Welcome to Baha'i Forums, an open Baha'i Faith community! We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the Baha'i Forums family!


Old 10-29-2017, 06:50 AM   #2
Member
 
Joined: Jul 2017
From: Kettering, Ohio USA
Posts: 73
Omn: But which GOD does it refer to, and why ?

We believe in the God of Islam, Christianity, and Judaism.

God is transcendent, beyond numbers, doesn't have components. God is beyond place and time, but is closer to us than our jugular vein. God is infinite and pure good.

Actually, Islam is a religion of peace, but it has become debased over time, to what we see today. See for example, this:

61. But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in Allah: for He is the one that heareth and knoweth (all things).
(The Qur'an (Yusuf Ali tr), Surah 8)

In Islam, one is supposed to fight only in defense.

Under Judaism, the concept of God is undeveloped, and presented in a relatively primitive way, as a super-human, or one could suppose that from the way God is developed. This is because religion back then was in its infancy. Still, even back then, there was to be no pictures of God. We know now this is because God can't be pictured. God was shown to be all-powerful and all knowing.

Omn: Clearly believing is not knowing for sure, so it is also doubting.

Yes, doubt is in religion, but one can also have relative certitude because of our relationship with God. Of course, one has to look out that this relationship is not imaginary.

Omn: I know for a fact, love, peace and such, are what is right, and how it needs to be.

You know this because there is good in us placed there by God and because religion has educated us. There have been many human communities that believed in war. There is also a dark side to us, born of the material world. The reason for religion is not only to show that love and peace are good, but it also helps us to get there, to become good.

Last edited by Duane; 10-29-2017 at 07:15 AM.
 
Old 10-29-2017, 10:03 PM   #3
Member
 
Joined: Feb 2016
From: United States
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Believing, or in other words, thinking, assuming, hoping, in short not knowing for sure is not the way to speak about, and I quote;

"Baha’is believe in peace, justice, love, altruism and unity."

For the wise ones out there, if peace, love and such is something you need to believe in, that is the right thing to do, the good thing it should be, does that mean you then doubt about hate, anger, violence, and such are wrong ?

Clearly believing is not knowing for sure, so it is also doubting.
This is a game of semantics, and a poorly played one. You are questioning the integrity of an entire religion based on something you cannot possibly know about its followers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
I know for a fact, love, peace and such, are what is right, and how it needs to be. And I also know from this that there is no one who can proof hate or no peace is what there should be. And above all, I know for sure that this what I know about this, is the one only truth. It aint difficult to know lol
"It aint difficult to know"...but somehow you claim (or at least strongly imply) Baha'is cannot understand this, based on nothing but a game of semantics. So what do you know about Baha'is, really? How can you claim to know so much about something you yourself have not experienced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
One can only believe in something that he/she self can be, but not is.
Yet you know for a fact that "love, peace and such" are true, are right. I ask you this: Have you attained such things in your own life and conduct, at all times? If not, are you not merely believing in an ideal rather than experiencing one? If you have not experienced the ideal and have not completely attained it in some permanent, lasting form in your life, what makes you different than followers of any other religion, theistic or otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Our understanding of love, peace will be tested and filled with unbelieve, giving that believe in eachother up and put it somewhere else will just create more hurt.
If you are suggesting, as I think you are, that Baha'is in particular have lost faith in humanity then I think you must have them confused with some other religion. Really. Since you already seem to have dismissed the faith based on a cursory examination, I suppose it would be a waste of time to tell you that a belief in human potential is one of the foundations of Baha'i theology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
We need to find eachother, not something else. We need to go back to neutral, where we came from and take our lesson back there, which became our awareness.
Then perhaps you should start with a neutral perspective on the Baha'i faith and try understanding it before you pass judgement.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
There were people living before religions and evil power, they lived in harmony together.
And this is something that you know? Or just believe? Personally, I doubt humans had the luxury of harmony before the advancement of civilization. But that is a much bigger discussion that is more suited for another place and time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Hate is wrong, love is normal and nothing else.
Did you believe this before you came to know it, or is it an understanding you received due to your own, independent deductions--without anyone's help? I suspect you believed it before you knew it, which is something you seem to feel is a failing in others when you see it in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
So again, why believe ?
Did we not already tried that for way too long, and in way too many things ?
Did no one learned a lesson from it yet ?
You're missing a logical flaw in your argument about believing in God. If a method to attaining an ideal is completely wrong because it has failed so many times (i.e. those who believed in God did not live up to the ideal), your own approach is just as likely a failure because it does not guarantee that anyone will live up to the ideal you are espousing.

Why would you strive for any ideal if you did not first believe it was true before you attained it? Is there anywhere else to begin other than belief? Are all of the followers of your path to knowledge born with perfect knowledge? Somehow I doubt it.

[EDIT: And please, don't even begin to suggest they have somehow experienced all there was to experience in human life and had perfect data before drawing conclusions. At some point, they had to have believed they had enough data to know they were right.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
owell who am I, just saw a religion who takes this some steps forward in a better concept, better arguments. But again, looses its power by pointing it to wrong visions for people which is to believe, not know.
Once again, this is a game of semantics and indulgence in sheer arrogance. You cannot know the minds and hearts of believers in any religion, and you cannot know what they know. You can only believe you have found the right answer, as you seem to strongly believe that peace and love can be attained in no other way than what you personally have been through. How does your insistence on one, single path to truth make you any less arrogant and full of pride than any theistic religion you care to denounce? How can you possibly know there is no other correct path to coming to know peace an love? Surely such arrogance and pride cannot be conducive to peace and love.

Last edited by Scribe; 10-30-2017 at 02:55 AM.
 
Old 10-30-2017, 09:38 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Wisconsin
Posts: 682
Hihi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
I stumbled on this Baha'i, religion/belief and read about its pupose, beliefs.
One world, all humans are equal valued, all animals are equal valued, all life is equal valued (this is what i conclude if im correct).
Eh, on the last point not so much. The closest thing you'd get to that would be those Jains who wear surgical masks so they don't accidentally inhale small insects, and carry brooms to sweep the ground before them so they don't accidentally tread on anything. And even those guys eat plants, so even they don't value all life equally, at least by the scientific definition of "life".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Another religion ontop of religions, with good intentions.

But which GOD does it refer to, and why ?
All. One. Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Due to the fact again a GOD is mentioned, it will not work obviously.
And also due to the fact is is mentioned to be a belief is the reason why it does not work. It will rather destroy more then make it right.

Believing, or in other words, thinking, assuming, hoping, in short not knowing for sure is not the way to speak about, and I quote;

"Baha’is believe in peace, justice, love, altruism and unity."

For the wise ones out there, if peace, love and such is something you need to believe in, that is the right thing to do, the good thing it should be, does that mean you then doubt about hate, anger, violence, and such are wrong ?
Clearly believing is not knowing for sure, so it is also doubting.
So your main problem here is that you are conflating one type of "belief" with another. The English word "belief" has two meanings according to my dictionary: "accept (something) as true; feel sure of the truth of." and "hold (something) as an opinion; think or suppose."

Please notice that neither definition in the English language implies "blind belief". Neither is it "uncertain belief". No English definition of the word implies either of those two things. So your ideas here stem from a mistaken belief that the definition of belief is other than what it really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
I know for a fact, love, peace and such, are what is right, and how it needs to be. And I also know from this that there is no one who can proof hate or no peace is what there should be. And above all, I know for sure that this what I know about this, is the one only truth. It aint difficult to know lol
So you also believe it. Because based on the true, factual definition of belief, anything you know is also something you believe. Of course not everything you believe is something you know, but that's a separate issue. Because that's how the English language works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
But ok I get it, its said to believe in love, peace, unity, and such because in our society and life there is a lot of hate, anger, violence, jealousy and such, so people question themselves how, they are lost, they need answers, a sanctuary, they dont understand how it is possible.

Well that's caused by belief in some GOD.
Nope. It is objectively caused by our intrinsic, biological instincts that predispose us as a species towards tribalism and out-group hostility that help our species as a whole survive. This is the objective, scientific, biological and psychological reason behind our emotions in this regard.

What we try to do is use our knowledge to combat these baser instincts, instincts that once served our species in a former age, but now can be discarded as absurdities that have no place in today's age.

A "belief in some God" does not cause this tribalism. Rather, when you combine a "belief in some God" with this innate, human instinct called tribalism, then you get religious persecution.

But combine any belief with human tribalist instincts and you get the same sort of thing. Love for your neighbors can evolve into nationalism. Love for your family can evolve into clan and family feuds. Political opinions can evolve into violence in the streets!!

But it all boils down to biology. We evolved over millions of years to think this way, because us prioritizing a small group of people over others enables small tribal units to better survive. The only problem is we no longer live in small tribal units, and we have yet to evolve out of that instinct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Believing is a word that describes an act we do, which I guess no one in this whole world understands, nowhere in any book it has the right context of what believing is. There is only one thing, really one thing for which this word can be applied to.
One can only believe in something that he/she self can be, but not is.
And what everyone knows is why he/she is called human, it defines what everyone is a part of, belongs too. And the only thing each individual can believe in is eachother.

There is nothing else someone can do believe in, and the reason why this is something which only can be believed is;
Yeah... only according to your own made-up definition of belief though. Using the dictionary definition I have I can believe in my chair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Intrinsic evil human beings do not excist in nature.
I agree, but I'd take it further.

Not just "intrinsically evil human beings do not exist in nature" but "evil human beings do not exist in nature".

Not just "evil human beings do not exist in nature" but "evil does not exist in nature".

Evil is not a thing that exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
We all see people do all kinds of bad and evil things, from ancient past till present day, it did not end. Not one person ever had the full consciouss meaning to hurt another one, never. Those persons who do, have their believe in eachother gone. Not believing in eachother makes it possible, even the slightest believe in something else makes one able to cause hurt.
Not exactly. (Well first off your confusing "believing in" with one of the definitions of "having faith in" but on a less pedantic note) It's more of just a simple equation of love plus tribe. If you love another person, and you have a tribalistic worldview, then you come to view everyone in the out-group as a threat to the people you love.

And out of a desire to protect those you love and care for, well, unimaginable horrors are possible. In the Baha'i writings the Seven Valleys it is pointed out that all the blood in the world is born from the Lovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
We cannot know for sure all people do good, as we do not know how broken someone feels from a lost loved one, a broken relationship.....
Good, evil, who is to say??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
The last words the terrorists of 911 spoke were, Allah Ewakbah, they tought they did a good thing, a religious good thing for god. Their believe was less here, more there.
Yes. They were led to believe that the United States was at war with their loved ones, and that in order to protect their loved ones they had to do what they did, which is why they did it gladly.

It is love and tribe conjoined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Our understanding of love, peace will be tested and filled with unbelieve, giving that believe in eachother up and put it somewhere else will just create more hurt.
Even the most aggressive biting dog has some reason to be like that which was never his intrinsic nature.
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Go ahead, another GOD omg.
There's something humorously ironic to me about tacking on that last phrase in conjunction with that whole sentence.

But no, not another one. Just the same old, same old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
We need to find eachother, not something else. We need to go back to neutral, where we came from and take our lesson back there, which became our awareness. Positive is an illusion created out of negative when we unbalanced neutral.
Sure, for the most part. But that's not "going back". The default state of man is tribalistic. We must acknowledge that we are trying to strive to be more than human if we are to ever push back our innate, evolutionary human instincts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
There were people living before religions and evil power, they lived in harmony together.
Pshh... Bwahahahahahah!! Oh no. Oh no no no. No we did not live in harmony together!! Look at the species who share ancestry with us!! Heck, look at almost any social species!!

How do chimpanzees treat other chimpanzees outside of their troop??

How do gorillas treat other gorillas outside of their troop??

How do wolves treat other wolves outside of their pack??

Do any of those species have religion?? If the Great Apes are all violent and tribalistic by default and without religion, then what makes you think human beings, who evolved from the same animals as those violent, tribalistic apes, were somehow devoid of the same tribalistic mentality that enabled all the other apes to survive??

Be scientific. Look at our relatives. They have similar instincts to us, and they behave the same. And they have no religion, so that cannot be the cause!!

Tribalism is a survival mechanism we evolved. It is not the invention of a religion, it is born out of the necessity of a prehistoric world where resources were scarce and limited and out-group competition a threat to survival itself!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Religions, beliefs, gods came not first, first came evil, humans taking power over other humans, lazy asses.
So I agree here, for the most part. Except you're wrong on one point. The original tyrants sure as heck weren't "lazy". It takes a lot of effort to take control of other people. Basically it emerges from actually being not lazy combined with having a greed for more reproductive resources in society.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Living in such evil makes one find peace, and not able to achieve that piece makes one desperate, so desperate that its going to be some faith, hope, believe and thus a religion, a god is created.
Interesting theory, but there's not a whole lot of hard evidence for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
All positive can only be experienced when there is negative, we now experience love due to the fact there is much from the opposite arround, when everything would be love like there was long time ago in the beginning between humans, it would not even be felt like it, as this is just what is normal. Hate is wrong, love is normal and nothing else.
Hate and love are intertwined emotions, the Taoist part of me says. You cannot hate a person unless you view them as a threat to something you love.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
So again, why believe ?
People believe things because they see evidence for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Did we not already tried that for way too long, and in way too many things ?
Did no one learned a lesson from it yet ?
Why?? Tribalism is slowly dying. It's taking many forms, from nationalism to political divides, but we are slowly and surely killing off the instinct. We're no longer as bound to ideas of tribe as, say, our ape relatives!! Now a days people can identify with vast swaths of people!! Much more than an ancient tribal society could!!

What we are doing appears to be working so let's keep doing it until tribalism is dead!!

[QUOTE=Omn1padm3hum;78665]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
One world, one human, one love.
Our global conscioussness collectively connected in to one awareness
Ew. Hive-minded existence sounds like a hell to me. I can't imagine why one would want such a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
, this is GOD as an entity. Souls come and go, they were not before and they are not after, but no information is lost. It collects collectively as one soul, but those souls only form the body from which the soul is those who one time will get aware here in life on earth.
So after all of this "The Baha'i Faith is going about this wrong because it still gives us yet another God" you go and... give us yet another God?? Lolwut??

Aren't you doing the very thing you took umbrage with us for supposedly doing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
owell who am I, just saw a religion who takes this some steps forward in a better concept, better arguments. But again, looses its power by pointing it to wrong visions for people which is to believe, not know.
Again that's not what "belief" means, and ultimately you're promoting the belief in a god too, so... Again, wut??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
negative thrives on believers of positive, its negatives fuel.
back to neutral is the only way
Oh sure, we got a lot on that concept written in our book the Seven Valleys. The stage of "Knowledge" is where one sees the positive in negative and the negative in positive. The stage of "Unity" is where one sees the oneness of positive and negative itself, "back to neutral" as you would call it (though, again, man was not in a neutral state by default ). And the stages after that are attaining contentment and wonderment through fully realizing this unity.
 
Old 10-30-2017, 03:44 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2017
From: Europe
Posts: 5
Thank you for the replies and all arguments on what I wrote, it is very much appreciated.
And let me make an apology, I know the way I write could be way better, and sometimes it can be confusing, or not exactly point out what I truely meant to say. And I may sound quite harsh sometimes, but never is it my intention to insult, or talk bad about anything or anyone, I merely speak from the truth as I see it.
You replied and agrumented so much to quotes of my writing, I read them them all, and I would like to reply to it, but it is a lot and surely will lead in to a long discussion, possible (endless) agrueing. Everyone has their own visions, toughts, knowings, and ofcourse beliefs. And all those are right, and also wrong, everyone opinion's come from somewhere and has some truth to it, they are not entirely correct and also not entirely incorrect, respect to that, respect to everyone.
Maybe I should tell something about myself first, as you named pride and arrogance to some statements of me, not that I blame you, it is your opinion. I am in a certain awareness, and what I would like to mention about it, the way how I see through my eyes and mind;
I am nothing, there is nothing I want.
I am never happy, I am never sad, I am never angry. I accept life, I do not accept this form of society. Life gave me needs, need for water and food, it gave me the urge for survival. Society forced me unwillingly more needs, in order to get life's needs. I just go along.
I emptied all my ego, I do not care for pride, I do not have greed, expectations, jealousy.
I got born, and started the suffering path that life is, a path towards death.
Why we all suffer has a reason, and I made sure to find that reason without telling myself a lie. For me one things is clear as sky, I will not jump out of an airplane when I had to believe there is a working parachute on my back, I need to know it for sure, and the way to know this for sure is to watch others who jumped also, and see if they landed safe.
I look and see to everything which is not me, which I will gain knowledge about which is from that, and try to gain every truth there is from just that.

I am nothing is my awareness, it results in something way bigger be aware off, to experience.
We are everything, I experience continously being a part to we, which is way better then experiecing I am this, that, poor, rich, smart, stupid. It is way higher then the love feeling you can get from just a few ppl, or animals, plants.
There is nothing I want, but there are things I dont want, and the weird thing is, I do not have them really, not being busy with worries of myself....


Do you believe those terrorists are good people, do you believe hitler was a good person, do you believe that all rapists, thieves, murderers, serialkillers, and all such are good people..?
Do you believe you yourself are a good person ?
The very act of judging only makes it wrong to do, describe it good, describe it bad, describing it is wrong. No human in nature is intrinsic evil/bad, all are forced upon the mind by circumstances to act in a bad way. We all contribute to wars by forcefully donate taxes, and see suffer all over the world that does not get the needed attention. Do not think that anyone, no matter how less they see it this way, not think about it like that, has no weight of burdon carrying on his/her shoulders from this, this needs faith, this needs a belief or rather said, a relief. And by that relief, it carries on...............
Those bad things done in this world by people, are done in a world that DOES NOT EXCIST!
To clarify what does not excist, our SOCIETY.
Psychology is a science, it is the science of our behaviour and (mind).
We all know how trees grow in a forest, they require sunlight, water, soil, etc.
Their basic behaviour is quite simple, wind makes them stronger, the higher they grow the bigger and longer the roots, they grow towards the light of the sun upwards, and more...
Some psychology of trees, simple nature mechanics to me though.
Now lets make a change, we block the sunlight from above and create our own artificial sunlight spot sideways, what will happen. Those trees start grow sideways, probably also stay smaller. The first row of trees will have some issues, but are considered to behave well enough, it fits in the profile we expect. The trees behind the first row trees gets less artificial sunlight, so they get more defects, stay much smaller, get ill, or even grow more sideways and push the trees infront of them away, many logical things will happen that is everything but the way how it is suppose to be.
The trees behaviour is nothing wrong with, NOT for the tree itself, it is the way they simply react to its circumstances and conditions in respect. But what we expect them to do in nature we expect that also from our artificial sideways sunlight, bit it isnt working. So we scientificly study what is wrong with them, apply all kinds of experiments, use our knowledge and feed them pills, maybe even try change their dna. Nevertheless, we make our statement a fact, something is wrong with those trees, not with our artificial sunlight source.

An artificial sideways sunlight source doesnt excist in nature, trees growing sideways, pushing those next to them away, this is not an intrinsic behaviour of a tree that nature gave it. Growing smaller, being much weaker, having more diseases, getting less leaves, rot sooner, die younger,... these are not what nature had in mind for the purpose of those trees.
You will be astounded of the amount of defects they will get, pieces of behaviour never shown in normal conditions.
So what exactly is it, that is our scientific knowledge we call psychology lol
Findings, discoveries, facts, statements of seeing how things react in a non excisting condition.....
Psychology true fact would be the psychological implications it has of a non real source of sunlight, the wrong of this it does on behaviour of trees. Nowhere else there is a defect.
I am not going to tell everything wrong in our world, there are many, but ill mention one of the things which has a huge psychological implication on the behaviour of not just people, but everything in nature. "Money"'
Money does not excist. Depression, hate, killings, wars, burnouts, suicides, fake love, in short... misery which doesnt intrinsicly excist in nature.
Those trees, a lot of them in the whole forest will start to believe in a good sun, a sun which shines on them all, a god sun somewhere above. As long as they believe this, it will remain the same. Untill they realise that they have to believe in eachother and know there is a real sun above, they are a part of that sun, they are alive here, they are whats good about the sun, the sun is also both, good and bad, it gives life and it destroys life.
What is bad is the persons who created the artificial sunlight, and trees believing in together they will stop produce oxygen and eliminate what holds up the side light source and will force to unblock the real sun from above.

ofcourse, this should not taken very litterly, it is just the principle of the mechanics of how things are going on today.
There is only normal, and bad. Good doesnt excist, God doesnt excist, they are merely a mirror of the bad side.
 
Old 10-31-2017, 04:06 PM   #6
Member
 
Joined: Jul 2017
From: Kettering, Ohio USA
Posts: 73
Are you a Buddhist?
 
Old 10-31-2017, 04:50 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2017
From: Europe
Posts: 5
Duane, I am nothing

This is how I see myself, how I experience myself. To you and everyone else, I am something, electrician, network engineer, dutchman,.... whatever.
When I say this to myself, "I am nothing" I refer to my soul, spirit, mind, consciousness. Here on earth I am a human, just like I see you.
And we all humans are everything, our collective awareness is everything.
Why I see it like this is because this is the real truth what it really is, and I know this will be seen, known, believed diffrently by everyone, but I can assure you, all other toughts are wrong.

I merely like the buddha's written knowledge, their wisdom lines most up with the vision I have attained. They are honoust and neutral. And most of all, they even have some knowledge about my greatest interest in life, what I am trying to learn as much as possible about, emptyness.

Learning all about emptyness derrived from my biggest search to understand in life, awareness.

I would like to share a writing I found, its the best description I was able to find.
Sunyata (Emptiness) in the Mahayana Context

cheers
 
Old 10-31-2017, 05:58 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2017
From: Europe
Posts: 5
There is something I like to reply to though;

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Intrinsic evil human beings do not excist in nature.
I agree, but I'd take it further.

Not just "intrinsically evil human beings do not exist in nature" but "evil human beings do not exist in nature".

Not just "evil human beings do not exist in nature" but "evil does not exist in nature".

Evil is not a thing that exists.
Well again, everything can be cuty into pieces and seen diffrently, lets not do that with 'evil' and 'excistance'. lets not dive into their meanings, leave it general.

You start by 'I take it further' . Well sure, but whatever you do is up to you, your own choice. But as I said earlier, I do not lie to myself, and thus I dont talk about what I see or think, I talk about what it really is for you, me and everyone.

Pardon me being very honoust and direct, Evil is the only true actual excistance which all comes from. Evil is the negative, bad, and this is actuality (werkelijkheid)
You live, and what happens in all life, we get hungry and thirsty, those are negative feelings. They are felt as painfull, and thats because pain forces us to eat and drink, the pain of hunger and thirst makes you aware of death, and makes you aware about life.
If hunger and thirst were felt as nice, good we would all long be gone.
The sun is a nuclear radioactive reactor, it is destructive fire, its negative, pain, evil, but only at the right distance with the right protection that evil energy sustains life. You need a portion of suns heat, light, energy and a portion of cold, darkness, and stay in between on a neutral spot. So evil can also be good, and good can also be evil.

So they do excist, but again they are not what they are intrinsicly. Hungry is felt as a pain not intrinsicly for just hurting you...
Humans in nature are not created with a purpose in mind to hurt other humans, they are influenced by conditions, and when those conditions come from fear or survival this is nature in harmony, the mechanics of life.

But you say also say there was no harmony, let me tell you something.
Fear and survival are reasons why wolves, apes, human tribes in the past fight eachother, even kill. This on itself ofcourse, is not something nice, but the reasons make it acceptable to aggree to, they are feared, surviving, and just dont know better.
There is no bad thing about it what someone does from fear or to survive in such unawareness.

The harmony broke from something much much worse, much worse then fighting or killing. It is humans contributing to unnessecary more suffering to other fellow human beings while they know it but look the other way.
Thats where harmony in nature got lost.

Those living in a tribe together as a family, got intruded by another tribe looking for a new spot to settle, felt intruded, fear, treath on their lives, most likely could not speak their language, they just attacked to protect their lives, fightings, killings, it had a cause.
Now, countries make war, terrorists attack, rapest, murders, kids die from hunger, no clean water, depressions, suicide's, hence we even forbid smoking weed while it helps sick people in pain, and much much more. And why, what is the real problem, what causes this all ? Money for the most, money, power, rules, religions.
Nature makes creatures fight, kill from fear and survival, but nature does not do unnessecary suffering, this is the worst thing you can possibly do, and look at the world today, it is not more deaths, it is not more things fight, it is suffering which got increased from 0000,1% to 99% everything does....

And who does it, we all do. We all contribute to our gouverments who makes certain decisions, go to wars, manufacture guns, spend our tax money on useless things while there are issues with people in their country and on the rest of the world.
We all contribute, we all forget this happens, we try to forget or look the other way, we think we are powerless to do something about it.

But let me tell you this, those believing in a god, believe that god is all pure good, let alone thinking there is some kind of afterlife or heaven to go to, some kind of forgiveness, god is a man made fantasy to have some kind of faith but lets assume your fantasy is real.
You think he would like it that you lived up and worshipped him, believing in him excists all your life on this planet earth, do you really think he wants you to have some kind of hope for your afterlife and you leave this planet behind in a worser condition then when you got born, contributed to your gouverment, not tought more of the misery here...

You get hungry and thirsty for a reason which is not believing there is food, but to do something for food. He would want you too feel more of this worlds pain instead of believe in him omg, those people in suffering pain today, and animals need us to be aware here, not look at some sky and believe in something else, they need us here present not dreaming.

Pain is real ! Evil is Real !
Good is an illusion of that, illusion is a misinterpetation of something that is real, a false perception.

Neutral is the TRUTH !
 
Old 11-01-2017, 07:10 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Wisconsin
Posts: 682
Glad you are back!! You are someone with whom interesting discussion can be had, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Maybe I should tell something about myself first, as you named pride and arrogance to some statements of me, not that I blame you, it is your opinion. I am in a certain awareness, and what I would like to mention about it, the way how I see through my eyes and mind;
I am nothing, there is nothing I want.
I am never happy, I am never sad, I am never angry. I accept life, I do not accept this form of society. Life gave me needs, need for water and food, it gave me the urge for survival. Society forced me unwillingly more needs, in order to get life's needs. I just go along.
I emptied all my ego, I do not care for pride, I do not have greed, expectations, jealousy.
Ah it seems you have attained a great degree of detachment!! Congratulations on that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
I got born, and started the suffering path that life is, a path towards death.
Why we all suffer has a reason, and I made sure to find that reason without telling myself a lie. For me one things is clear as sky, I will not jump out of an airplane when I had to believe there is a working parachute on my back, I need to know it for sure, and the way to know this for sure is to watch others who jumped also, and see if they landed safe.
I look and see to everything which is not me, which I will gain knowledge about which is from that, and try to gain every truth there is from just that.

I am nothing is my awareness, it results in something way bigger be aware off, to experience.
We are everything, I experience continously being a part to we, which is way better then experiecing I am this, that, poor, rich, smart, stupid. It is way higher then the love feeling you can get from just a few ppl, or animals, plants.
Ah!! You almost see the unity of the Yin and Yang!! Excellent!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
There is nothing I want, but there are things I dont want, and the weird thing is, I do not have them really, not being busy with worries of myself....
This may sound pedantic, so I apologize in advance, but with conversations at this level things always tend to seem a little pedantic. Anyways, I'd say that "not wanting something" is simply "wanting the absence of something", which would still then be a form of want or desire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Do you believe those terrorists are good people, do you believe hitler was a good person, do you believe that all rapists, thieves, murderers, serialkillers, and all such are good people..?
Do you believe you yourself are a good person ?
Such questions always leads me back to the same phrase from my Taoist days:

"Good or bad, who is to say??"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
The very act of judging only makes it wrong to do, describe it good, describe it bad, describing it is wrong. No human in nature is intrinsic evil/bad, all are forced upon the mind by circumstances to act in a bad way. We all contribute to wars by forcefully donate taxes, and see suffer all over the world that does not get the needed attention. Do not think that anyone, no matter how less they see it this way, not think about it like that, has no weight of burdon carrying on his/her shoulders from this, this needs faith, this needs a belief or rather said, a relief. And by that relief, it carries on...............
Perhaps by your own definition of faith or belief, but not by the English one.

But yes, some people turn to certain beliefs out of a feeling of guilt. But some are not all. We have unity, yes, but also diversity. Others have "belief" as you would term it because it is what they want to be true. And others have "belief" as you would term it merely because they see it all as the logical conclusions to their observations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Those bad things done in this world by people, are done in a world that DOES NOT EXCIST!
To clarify what does not excist, our SOCIETY.
Psychology is a science, it is the science of our behaviour and (mind).
We all know how trees grow in a forest, they require sunlight, water, soil, etc.
Their basic behaviour is quite simple, wind makes them stronger, the higher they grow the bigger and longer the roots, they grow towards the light of the sun upwards, and more...
Some psychology of trees, simple nature mechanics to me though.
Now lets make a change, we block the sunlight from above and create our own artificial sunlight spot sideways, what will happen. Those trees start grow sideways, probably also stay smaller. The first row of trees will have some issues, but are considered to behave well enough, it fits in the profile we expect. The trees behind the first row trees gets less artificial sunlight, so they get more defects, stay much smaller, get ill, or even grow more sideways and push the trees infront of them away, many logical things will happen that is everything but the way how it is suppose to be.
The trees behaviour is nothing wrong with, NOT for the tree itself, it is the way they simply react to its circumstances and conditions in respect. But what we expect them to do in nature we expect that also from our artificial sideways sunlight, bit it isnt working. So we scientificly study what is wrong with them, apply all kinds of experiments, use our knowledge and feed them pills, maybe even try change their dna. Nevertheless, we make our statement a fact, something is wrong with those trees, not with our artificial sunlight source.
I think I get what you are saying here, but I don't think your analogy is correct for two specific reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
An artificial sideways sunlight source doesnt excist in nature,
Please go outside tonight at dusk or tomorrow at dawn and tell me which direction the sunlight is going in.

(Edit: I had an image of naturally occurring sideways sunlight here as a demonstration, but it was too big , so I removed it. Google "dusk forest" for examples)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
trees growing sideways,


Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
pushing those next to them away, this is not an intrinsic behaviour of a tree that nature gave it. Growing smaller, being much weaker, having more diseases, getting less leaves, rot sooner, die younger,... these are not what nature had in mind for the purpose of those trees.
I firmly disagree. Nature clearly gave trees the ability to adapt to change. This must be true, because otherwise the trees in your experiment would have simply died. Instead, they adapted, growing sideways, because nature gave them the ability to adapt to that change as necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
You will be astounded of the amount of defects they will get, pieces of behaviour never shown in normal conditions.
So what exactly is it, that is our scientific knowledge we call psychology lol
Findings, discoveries, facts, statements of seeing how things react in a non excisting condition.....
Psychology true fact would be the psychological implications it has of a non real source of sunlight, the wrong of this it does on behaviour of trees. Nowhere else there is a defect.
There is no such thing as "normal conditions". Which is why all living organisms have at least some ability to adapt to things.

Also I don't see change as a defect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
I am not going to tell everything wrong in our world, there are many,
I'm of the radical opinion there is nothing wrong with the world. Right and wrong is just the ways in which people choose to see things. Because one viewpoint gives birth to another, a person's idea of "what the world should be", the imposition of their own wants and desires on the world, causes them to see the world as flawed and wrong.

When the world itself is truly perfect.

And on that note I am about to descend into my Taoish side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
but ill mention one of the things which has a huge psychological implication on the behaviour of not just people, but everything in nature. "Money"'
Money does not excist.
Exist or not exist, who is to say??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Depression, hate, killings, wars, burnouts, suicides, fake love,
Good or bad, who is to say??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
in short... misery which doesnt intrinsicly excist in nature.
Exist or not exist, who is to say??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Those trees, a lot of them in the whole forest will start to believe in a good sun, a sun which shines on them all, a god sun somewhere above. As long as they believe this, it will remain the same. Untill they realise that they have to believe in eachother and know there is a real sun above, they are a part of that sun, they are alive here, they are whats good about the sun, the sun is also both, good and bad, it gives life and it destroys life.
A tree who truly believes in the other trees will itself die so that the others might thrive. The forest does not cooperate, rather each tree competes for light, strangling out the other plants of the forest floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
What is bad is the persons who created the artificial sunlight, and trees believing in together they will stop produce oxygen and eliminate what holds up the side light source and will force to unblock the real sun from above.
Good or bad, who is to say??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
ofcourse, this should not taken very litterly, it is just the principle of the mechanics of how things are going on today.
There is only normal, and bad.
Normal or bad, who is to say??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Good doesnt excist, God doesnt excist, they are merely a mirror of the bad side.
Haha!! You are halfway there!!

From what you say, I believe you are very close to attaining a very impressive state of mind!! Congratulations again!! While you're not all the way there yet, it's still an impressive feat to behold!!

You have cast off the idea of "good". You have shattered half of a false dichotomy. You still see things as "bad", though, so half of the false dichotomy of the yin and yang remains.

You have eliminated all of your wants, except for your want of the absence of certain things you deem bad.

But it's only a matter of time. To realize there is no "good" is a good first step. Because it is only a matter of time before you realize that without "good" there can be no "bad". That good and bad both are truly Unified as one part of what you now call "neutral". The realization that the yin and yang are not two things as they are commonly described, but are the part of but one symbol!!

Last edited by Walrus; 11-01-2017 at 07:50 AM.
 
Old 11-01-2017, 07:49 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Wisconsin
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
There is something I like to reply to though;

Well again, everything can be cuty into pieces and seen diffrently, lets not do that with 'evil' and 'excistance'. lets not dive into their meanings, leave it general.

You start by 'I take it further' . Well sure, but whatever you do is up to you, your own choice. But as I said earlier, I do not lie to myself, and thus I dont talk about what I see or think, I talk about what it really is for you, me and everyone.
I state things as reality too. "Evil" is not a thing in existence. "Bad" is not a thing in existence. It is an imaginary quality we see in the world.

Typically we contrast this imaginary quality with "good", but you have already learned to stop seeing the world in terms of good!! It's only a matter of time now before you learn to stop seeing it in terms of "bad" as well!! You are almost to a most enviable state of being!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Pardon me being very honoust and direct, Evil is the only true actual excistance which all comes from. Evil is the negative, bad, and this is actuality (werkelijkheid)
Such things have no place in reality. Evil is of no real existence. Pardon my own honesty and directness on the subject, but it is as false as the quality of good projected onto things.

Also, as an aside, because you compared belief in Good to belief in God earlier. Just for information, we Baha'is belief God is beyond attributes. Because an infinite being must naturally be beyond such dichotomy. God is beyond good and evil, in our viewpoint. I bring this up because it's not exactly the same as the ways some other people might see Him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
You live, and what happens in all life, we get hungry and thirsty, those are negative feelings. They are felt as painfull, and thats because pain forces us to eat and drink, the pain of hunger and thirst makes you aware of death, and makes you aware about life.
Fasting can teach you that there is a difference between pain and suffering. If you can remove your own desire to not be in pain, your desire to not be hungry, your desire to not be thirsty, from your own ego, you will not suffer from such aches.

Gautama Buddha wrote quite a bit on the topic of escaping suffering in this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
If hunger and thirst were felt as nice, good we would all long be gone.
The sun is a nuclear radioactive reactor, it is destructive fire, its negative, pain, evil, but only at the right distance with the right protection that evil energy sustains life. You need a portion of suns heat, light, energy and a portion of cold, darkness, and stay in between on a neutral spot. So evil can also be good, and good can also be evil.

So they do excist, but again they are not what they are intrinsicly. Hungry is felt as a pain not intrinsicly for just hurting you...
This is the "Valley of Knowledge" as we'd call it in Baha'i terminology. The stage where you see good in bad and bad in good. The next stage is the "Valley of Unity" where one no longer sees things in terms of dichotomy, bad and good, first and last. All become unified, thus leading further into the "Valley of Contentment".

You've already stopped seeing things in terms of "good" by your own account, and so I'd wager (if I was a gambling sort of person) you're in the process of moving from Knowledge to Unity, on the path of spiritual progress!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Humans in nature are not created with a purpose in mind to hurt other humans, they are influenced by conditions, and when those conditions come from fear or survival this is nature in harmony, the mechanics of life.
Those conditions are present in nature, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
But you say also say there was no harmony, let me tell you something.
Fear and survival are reasons why wolves, apes, human tribes in the past fight eachother, even kill. This on itself ofcourse, is not something nice, but the reasons make it acceptable to aggree to, they are feared, surviving, and just dont know better.
There is no bad thing about it what someone does from fear or to survive in such unawareness.
Sure. Good or bad, who is to say??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
The harmony broke from something much much worse, much worse then fighting or killing. It is humans contributing to unnessecary more suffering to other fellow human beings while they know it but look the other way.
Thats where harmony in nature got lost.
If we're talking about true terms of biology, this type of "humans contributing to [unnecessary] suffering" is the exact same thing, though. No one goes and says "I'm going to blow up these people to cause them pain" they say "I'm going to blow up these people because their existence is a threat to my own people".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Those living in a tribe together as a family, got intruded by another tribe looking for a new spot to settle, felt intruded, fear, treath on their lives, most likely could not speak their language, they just attacked to protect their lives, fightings, killings, it had a cause.
Now, countries make war, terrorists attack, rapest, murders, kids die from hunger, no clean water, depressions, suicide's, hence we even forbid smoking weed while it helps sick people in pain, and much much more.
The latter half of what you say is all inspired by the same. Countries make war for the same old tribal fears. Terrorists attack for the same old tribal fears. It's all just primitive instinct in a modern era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
And why, what is the real problem, what causes this all ? Money for the most, money, power, rules, religions.
Nature makes creatures fight, kill from fear and survival, but nature does not do unnessecary suffering, this is the worst thing you can possibly do, and look at the world today, it is not more deaths, it is not more things fight, it is suffering which got increased from 0000,1% to 99% everything does....
All suffering is caused by the tribal instincts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
And who does it, we all do. We all contribute to our gouverments who makes certain decisions, go to wars, manufacture guns, spend our tax money on useless things while there are issues with people in their country and on the rest of the world.
We all contribute, we all forget this happens, we try to forget or look the other way, we think we are powerless to do something about it.
Ha!! Paying taxes is not a choice. It is enforced. A person is, I believe, no more culpable for the actions taken with their tax dollars then the local businessmen who is robbed by the mafia is responsible for local gang violence. If you disagree, I'd say stop contributing and see what happens and if it is truly a choice to not contribute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
But let me tell you this, those believing in a god, believe that god is all pure good, let alone thinking there is some kind of afterlife or heaven to go to, some kind of forgiveness, god is a man made fantasy to have some kind of faith but lets assume your fantasy is real.
Again, we believe God is literally beyond all human dichotomy.

This is because we believe the divine is infinite. An infinite being is by necessity outside the bounds of any dichotomy. In our cosmological standard, the "attributes of God" exist on a separate plane of reality from God Himself due to this fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
You think he would like it that you lived up and worshipped him, believing in him excists all your life on this planet earth, do you really think he wants you to have some kind of hope for your afterlife and you leave this planet behind in a worser condition then when you got born, contributed to your gouverment, not tought more of the misery here...
I'm not sure if you've noticed but the world is getting better and better by your own standards. Crime is on a steady decline everywhere. Those who live in "poverty" in most first-world countries are living better than those in the middle classes even just a hundred years ago. Everything is improving if you judge it on such qualities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
You get hungry and thirsty for a reason which is not believing there is food, but to do something for food. He would want you too feel more of this worlds pain instead of believe in him omg, those people in suffering pain today, and animals need us to be aware here,
Suffering is a product of one's own mind, and must be combated on a personal, mental plane. Easing people's pain will not end suffering, because suffering is fundamentally different from pain. This is obvious if you've ever seen someone suffer without being in physical pain. Or if you've ever had a minor ache for so long that you got used to the pain and no longer suffered from it.

Easing pain won't end suffering, only teaching detachment can do that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
not look at some sky and believe in something else, they need us here present not dreaming.
I believe in God only because I see evidence for His existence. So you might as well be saying "You need to be helping people, not believing in the moon" . It's a tangibly real thing that I've seen and experienced, both God and the moon. Believing in God and the moon does not take any effort on my part, and does not detract in any way from my free time to do other things to try to help people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Pain is real !
Yes, but suffering is an illusion!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Evil is Real !
No it's not, but no rush!! I feel relatively confident you'll realize this fact one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Good is an illusion of that, illusion is a misinterpetation of something that is real, a false perception.
Good is an illusion, yes. But good is defined by contrast with bad. Ergo what is good is what is not bad. What is bad is what is not good.

Ergo if good is an illusion, bad must also be an illusion.

I'm confident you'll come to this discovery one day. It'd be hard to hold a belief in "bad" when one has already freed themselves of a belief in "good".

A dichotomy can't exist with just one part, so one day you'll realize the whole dichotomy itself is an illusion!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1padm3hum View Post
Neutral is the TRUTH !
Indeed!! A very salient and profound truth!! I do believe one day you'll fully realize this fact wholly, and discard the illusion of bad as well!!
 
Old 11-01-2017, 09:53 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2017
From: Europe
Posts: 5
Quote:
From what you say, I believe you are very close to attaining a very impressive state of mind!! Congratulations again!! While you're not all the way there yet, it's still an impressive feat to behold!!

You have cast off the idea of "good". You have shattered half of a false dichotomy. You still see things as "bad", though, so half of the false dichotomy of the yin and yang remains.

You have eliminated all of your wants, except for your want of the absence of certain things you deem bad.

But it's only a matter of time. To realize there is no "good" is a good first step. Because it is only a matter of time before you realize that without "good" there can be no "bad". That good and bad both are truly Unified as one part of what you now call "neutral". The realization that the yin and yang are not two things as they are commonly described, but are the part of but one symbol!!
How could you possibly know the state of my mind ? Maybe I am insane, paranoid, totally nuts....
And what should I be half way at...?

I did not cast of the idea of good, I said good is an illusion.
for example, your body temperature is 37 degrees C. Your not in any pain from that, you feel nothing, neutral. Once you go to lower temperatures it is not ok, colder is bad. Once you go to higher temperatures it is also not ok, warmer is bad. But the return from a colder state, or warmer state in respect to 37degrees is being experiened as good, on neutral you dont feel anything anymore, neutral.
Good is a return from a bad state, this is a fact.

You say without good, there can be no bad. This is false, it is vice versa. And you should actually as a believer in a a god which represents the good, know this.


"You have eliminated all of your wants, except for your want of the absence of certain things you deem bad."

There is nothing I want, but there are things which I do NOT want. This I said.
And the fact that there is nothing which I want does not mean that there is nothing I would like to give, or wish for others.

And for contributing taxes, it is about that I do disaggree and not look the other way. That I am obligated and forced like everyone else is just how it is, but i dont wonder off into some kind of faith while we united can make a change.
 
Reply

  Baha'i Forums > Baha'i Forums > General Discussion

Tags
god



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook @bahaiforums RSS


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2006 - 2017 Bahai Forums. All rights reserved.