Bahai Forums

Go Back   Baha'i Forums > Baha'i Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion Open Baha'i Discussion


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 07:22 AM   #121
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2011
From: n ireland
Posts: 1,747
My instinct tells me that we will never,in this world,achieve the destination of full knowledge and understanding of the faith. But the journey is so worthwhile and rewarding
 
Join Baha'i Forums


Welcome to Baha'i Forums, an open Baha'i Faith community! We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the Baha'i Forums family!


Old 05-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #122
Junior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2014
From: texas
Posts: 3
I made my decleration Feb 2014.
 
Old 05-20-2014, 01:45 PM   #123
Senior Member
 
BlinkeyBill's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
From: Quilimari,Chile
Posts: 4,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidan View Post
My instinct tells me that we will never,in this world,achieve the destination of full knowledge and understanding of the faith. But the journey is so worthwhile and rewarding
Your instinct is spot on my dear friend

And to our last poster CandiceBahaiTexasSister a great big welcome, may your journey with Baha'u'llah be most rewarding.
 
Old 05-20-2014, 06:54 PM   #124
Mystic Wayfarer
 
Zoharo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2014
From: Zanesville, OH, U.S.A.
Posts: 45
My declaration took place in November of 1967, followed by the declarations of my 1st wife, my eldest son, my sister, my third wife, and my step-daughter. Along the way, as paths have crossed, three more declarations have been witnessed.

Life is good.
 
Old 05-20-2014, 09:56 PM   #125
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2013
From: forest falls california
Posts: 1,741
1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel View Post
Were you born a Baha'i or did you become a Baha'i? What year?
I was taught the Faith in late 1979 and declared in Jan 1980. To this day, I swear that Baha'u'llah sent my teachers all the way from Texas to South Dakota to teach me the Faith... ;-)
 
Old 05-20-2014, 11:19 PM   #126
Tony Bristow-Stagg
 
tonyfish58's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
From: Normanton Far North Queensland
Posts: 3,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceBahaiTexasSister View Post
I made my decleration Feb 2014.
Well done

God Bless and Regards Tony
 
Old 05-21-2014, 08:49 AM   #127
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2011
From: n ireland
Posts: 1,747
We were all born Baha'i. I declared in April 2011
 
Old 05-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #128
Junior Member
 
Joined: May 2014
From: Southeastern US
Posts: 19
I declared in October 2012.
 
Old 05-30-2014, 06:41 PM   #129
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2011
From: n ireland
Posts: 1,747
You are very welcome Jeremy. I look forward to getting to know you through the forum
 
Old 07-28-2014, 01:40 PM   #130
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: Delhi
Posts: 2
2007. And what a journey it was and remains
 
Old 07-29-2014, 11:02 AM   #131
Senior Member
 
BlinkeyBill's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
From: Quilimari,Chile
Posts: 4,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salma View Post
2007. And what a journey it was and remains
And dear Salma may your journey only strengthen you day by day.
Loving regards and welcome
 
Old 07-29-2014, 05:11 PM   #132
Junior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2013
From: Downey, California
Posts: 10
I declared in 1996.
 
Old 07-29-2014, 05:24 PM   #133
Senior Member
 
becky's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: colorado/summer-Oklahoma/winter
Posts: 730
I declared July 10, 1987. I so agree with aidan's instinct, so aren't we blessed to be able to learn and progress in the next world!
 
Old 08-13-2014, 12:09 PM   #134
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2013
From: Netherlands
Posts: 276
September 27th, 1982, at the Nineteen Day Feast. I'd already said I wanted to be a Baha'i a couple of weeks before that but nobody seemed to have any declaration cards until then!
 
Old 11-24-2014, 11:27 AM   #135
Junior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2014
From: Sweden
Posts: 12
I declared 7th of november this year!
 
Old 11-24-2014, 11:30 AM   #136
Tony Bristow-Stagg
 
tonyfish58's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
From: Normanton Far North Queensland
Posts: 3,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingwithmyself View Post
I declared 7th of november this year!
Good for You

God Bless and Regards Tony
 
Old 11-24-2014, 04:55 PM   #137
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2011
From: n ireland
Posts: 1,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingwithmyself View Post
I declared 7th of november this year!
Welcome to our wonderful family dear brother/sister
 
Old 11-25-2014, 07:02 AM   #138
Senior Member
 
Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Wisconsin
Posts: 525
Officially?? 2014.

But, technically:

"The man who lives the life according to the teachings of Bahá’u’lláh is already a Bahá’í. On the other hand, a man may call himself a Bahá’í for fifty years, and if he does not live the life he is not a Bahá’í." -Abdu'l-Baha, on explaining how someone can be a "Baha'i" without having heard of Baha'u'llah

So with that in mind, I don't have exacts, but I estimate somewhere betwixt 2005 and 2010. There is a precise point in time where I would say it began, but I forget what year the event occurred in.
 
Old 03-01-2015, 03:01 AM   #139
Junior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Australia
Posts: 6
joined the Baha'i Faith in 1995, through the Wollongong Baha'i community.
 
Old 04-24-2015, 06:12 PM   #140
Junior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: North Carolina USA
Posts: 2
I became a Baha'i in 1974, in Roanoke, Virginia.
 
Old 04-24-2015, 08:40 PM   #141
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Bend, Oregon
Posts: 111
I was introduced to the Faith in March 1978 by a Baha’i person teaching on the street in a small town in western Oregon (USA). Prior to that street introduction, and to satisfy a spiritual hunger and a search for meaning and purpose in life, I had intensely studied the major religions of the world enough to conclude that they all taught the same basic spiritual truths and that all of the founders made similar claims. I had also realized that all things seem to occur in circles and cycles. My search had reached the point that I did not know to which religion to turn to so I decided to shelve my search for a period of time. Within a few days following that decision, I was introduced to the Baha’i Faith. I intensely studied the Faith and attended weekly firesides until May 28, 1978 when I declared my belief in Baha’u’llah. Immediately following that, I was told that I was on a Local Spiritual Assembly as I had become the ninth member of a rural community group.

. . . fast forward to this day 37 years later . . .

I cannot accept things blindly. I continue to investigate truth and reality both inside and outside of the Faith. I continue to ask questions and sometimes challenge popular and widely accepted perspectives of prominent Baha’is and Baha’i institutions. At times I provide comments that stir sensitivities in others to the point that my firmness in the Covenant may be questioned (judged) by others. To be clear, I do not question the validity of the Revelations of the Bab and Baha’u’llah, nor do I question the divinely appointed role of “Abdu’l-Baha as the Center of the Covenant, or the role of Shoghi Effendi as the Guardian and the Center of the Cause of God. I do not believe that the institution of the Universal House of Justice should be deified, but I do believe it has its legislative role in this Faith. I do not mean any disrespect to the institution of the Universal House of Justice, but I do not perceive that it can function optimally (infallibly?) without its interpretive and guiding counterpart, the institution of the Guardianship. Without the Guardianship, I pray that this Cause, as a “broken winged bird”, may flutter up and on toward becoming the New World Order of Baha’u’llah foretold in the writings of the Faith.

LR
 
Old 04-24-2015, 09:18 PM   #142
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2013
From: forest falls california
Posts: 1,741
Regarding the Universal House of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Roofener View Post

I do not believe that the institution of the Universal House of Justice should be deified, but I do believe it has its legislative role in this Faith. I do not mean any disrespect to the institution of the Universal House of Justice, but I do not perceive that it can function optimally (infallibly?) without its interpretive and guiding counterpart, the institution of the Guardianship. Without the Guardianship, I pray that this Cause, as a “broken winged bird”, may flutter up and on toward becoming the New World Order of Baha’u’llah foretold in the writings of the Faith.

LR
. It would seem to me that the Universal House of Justice is a perfect gift from God to humanity, which still possesses "free will".

. This gift of free will is necessary for there to be "light upon light". That is, God's will is that we should govern ourselves be means of this expression of our collective free will.

. This is God's Will, that we retain our free will in electing members of the Universal House of Justice from amongst ourselves, even though those members are infallible like the rest of us.

. It is the Instrument itself which is divinely guided, even in the sense that God so wishes for us to administer our own affairs, that He has permitted us to carry on without one of the Aghsan being present in the station of the Guardian.

. In my simple opinion, Shoghi Effendi fulfilled in one lifetime all the essential duties required of the station of Gurardianship, even as Abdul Baha fulfilled in one lifetime all the essential duties required of the station of the Center of the Covenant.

. The Universal House of Justice fulfills the duties prescribed by Baha'u'llah, and it is for us to fulfill our duties as individual Baha'is obedient to the Laws and Institutions of the Faith.

. "He doeth what He willeth."

.
 
Old 04-25-2015, 03:25 AM   #143
Minor Bloodsucker
 
gnat's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2014
From: Stockholm
Posts: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidan View Post
My instinct tells me that we will never,in this world,achieve the destination of full knowledge and understanding of the faith.
By the way: not in the next world either.

gnat
 
Old 04-25-2015, 04:00 AM   #144
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Bend, Oregon
Posts: 111
Quote:
. This is God's Will, that we retain our free will in electing members of the Universal House of Justice from amongst ourselves, even though those members are infallible like the rest of us.
Thank you Dale. Actually, I can not agree that we are "infallible", nor do I think that is what you intended to say.

LR
 
Old 04-25-2015, 06:21 AM   #145
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Bend, Oregon
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale ramsdell View Post
. It would seem to me that the Universal House of Justice is a perfect gift from God to humanity, which still possesses "free will".

. This gift of free will is necessary for there to be "light upon light". That is, God's will is that we should govern ourselves be means of this expression of our collective free will.

. This is God's Will, that we retain our free will in electing members of the Universal House of Justice from amongst ourselves, even though those members are infallible like the rest of us.

. It is the Instrument itself which is divinely guided, even in the sense that God so wishes for us to administer our own affairs, that He has permitted us to carry on without one of the Aghsan being present in the station of the Guardian.

. In my simple opinion, Shoghi Effendi fulfilled in one lifetime all the essential duties required of the station of Gurardianship, even as Abdul Baha fulfilled in one lifetime all the essential duties required of the station of the Center of the Covenant.

. The Universal House of Justice fulfills the duties prescribed by Baha'u'llah, and it is for us to fulfill our duties as individual Baha'is obedient to the Laws and Institutions of the Faith.

. "He doeth what He willeth."

.
Dale: I recognize that what you have offered are current Baha'i perspectives developed by individuals and institutions combined with divine truths. The perspectives parts should not become "doctrine". I do not perceive that what I shared is any different than what "Abdu'l-Baha wrote in His Will and Testament or what Shoghi Effendi wrote in his "Dispensation of Baha'u'llah". What is different is how what is written by those divinely designated Interpreters is understood and "interpreted" individually and institutionally in the search for better understandings, thus the development of various perspectives. Thank you again and take care. LR
 
Old 04-25-2015, 12:09 PM   #146
Tony Bristow-Stagg
 
tonyfish58's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
From: Normanton Far North Queensland
Posts: 3,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Roofener View Post
I was introduced to the Faith in March 1978 by a Baha’i person teaching on the street in a small town in western Oregon (USA). Prior to that street introduction, and to satisfy a spiritual hunger and a search for meaning and purpose in life, I had intensely studied the major religions of the world enough to conclude that they all taught the same basic spiritual truths and that all of the founders made similar claims. I had also realized that all things seem to occur in circles and cycles. My search had reached the point that I did not know to which religion to turn to so I decided to shelve my search for a period of time. Within a few days following that decision, I was introduced to the Baha’i Faith. I intensely studied the Faith and attended weekly firesides until May 28, 1978 when I declared my belief in Baha’u’llah. Immediately following that, I was told that I was on a Local Spiritual Assembly as I had become the ninth member of a rural community group.

. . . fast forward to this day 37 years later . . .

I cannot accept things blindly. I continue to investigate truth and reality both inside and outside of the Faith. I continue to ask questions and sometimes challenge popular and widely accepted perspectives of prominent Baha’is and Baha’i institutions. At times I provide comments that stir sensitivities in others to the point that my firmness in the Covenant may be questioned (judged) by others. To be clear, I do not question the validity of the Revelations of the Bab and Baha’u’llah, nor do I question the divinely appointed role of “Abdu’l-Baha as the Center of the Covenant, or the role of Shoghi Effendi as the Guardian and the Center of the Cause of God. I do not believe that the institution of the Universal House of Justice should be deified, but I do believe it has its legislative role in this Faith. I do not mean any disrespect to the institution of the Universal House of Justice, but I do not perceive that it can function optimally (infallibly?) without its interpretive and guiding counterpart, the institution of the Guardianship. Without the Guardianship, I pray that this Cause, as a “broken winged bird”, may flutter up and on toward becoming the New World Order of Baha’u’llah foretold in the writings of the Faith.

LR
Larry - Thank you for your alternate view of the Universal House if Justice.

My comment would be you have sepetated the World's of the Material and Spiritual in your assumption that the Universal House of Justice not having a Guardian.

The Chosen Body of the Universal House of Justice is made up of fallible humans but when it meets has been given the promise that its decisions will be divinely guided.

I understsnd you are not attacking the institution, but just sharing another view, but who are we to say that they do not have the Guardians, or Abdul'baha, or Baha'u'llah guidance? It may be you are also not saying that. But the absence of a living Guardian is no defect unless we make it or consider it so.

We are to die to this world and live in the other, to be born again. Limitations are of this World only when we make them. I see the Universal House of Justice working and operating in complete harmony with Gods Will for this day. There is no mistake that the line of Guardians did not continue.

It is up to us to see and understand there is no defect in this System, just tests to our perceptions and given frames of reference for us to overcome to obtain the Unity required.

God bless and regards Tony

Last edited by tonyfish58; 04-25-2015 at 12:14 PM. Reason: spelling and addition
 
Old 04-27-2015, 12:11 PM   #147
Junior Member
 
Joined: May 2014
From: Southeastern US
Posts: 19
October 2012.
 
Old 04-27-2015, 08:26 PM   #148
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2013
From: forest falls california
Posts: 1,741
Dang... !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Roofener View Post
Thank you Dale. Actually, I can not agree that we are "infallible", nor do I think that is what you intended to say.

LR
Dang, Larry. There's my fallibility showing again... ;-! ;-)

Oh well...

.
 
Old 04-27-2015, 08:38 PM   #149
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2013
From: forest falls california
Posts: 1,741
Great insight, Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfish58 View Post
Larry - Thank you for your alternate view of the Universal House if Justice.

My comment would be you have sepetated the World's of the Material and Spiritual in your assumption that the Universal House of Justice not having a Guardian.

The Chosen Body of the Universal House of Justice is made up of fallible humans but when it meets has been given the promise that its decisions will be divinely guided.

I understsnd you are not attacking the institution, but just sharing another view, but who are we to say that they do not have the Guardians, or Abdul'baha, or Baha'u'llah guidance? It may be you are also not saying that. But the absence of a living Guardian is no defect unless we make it or consider it so.

We are to die to this world and live in the other, to be born again. Limitations are of this World only when we make them. I see the Universal House of Justice working and operating in complete harmony with Gods Will for this day. There is no mistake that the line of Guardians did not continue.

It is up to us to see and understand there is no defect in this System, just tests to our perceptions and given frames of reference for us to overcome to obtain the Unity required.

God bless and regards Tony

. Tony,
. Hats off to ya, mate. Where'd ya git yer glasses there? 19/19 vision on this way, aye? ;-)

.

. What also comes to mind is the construction of the "Word", which is made up of "Letters". Abdul Baha explains that Jesus was the "Word", or the "whole", while the disciples, as I understand it, are in effect the Letters, or parts of the whole.

. This would be consistent with the Letters of the Living manifesting the attributes of the Bab. None of the Letters were the Whole, but portions thereof. The Bab was the Whole, as Jesus was the Word, etc.

. So perhaps the members of the Universal House of Justice comprise in some sense the Letters. That could be stretched way out of hand, so forgive me if my thoughts are taking liberty. More of a parallel thought pattern stemming from the exercise, you know.

. The atoms make up the molecule, the molecules make up the mineral, which combine to form a living cell, the cells into creatures, and the greatest unity of the creatures finds expression in total submission to the Administrative Order established by the Author of the Word Himself, Who sends the Messengers.

. Ya Baha'ul'Abha!!

.
 
Old 04-27-2015, 09:06 PM   #150
Tony Bristow-Stagg
 
tonyfish58's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
From: Normanton Far North Queensland
Posts: 3,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale ramsdell View Post
. Tony,
. Hats off to ya, mate. Where'd ya git yer glasses there? 19/19 vision on this way, aye? ;-)

.

. What also comes to mind is the construction of the "Word", which is made up of "Letters". Abdul Baha explains that Jesus was the "Word", or the "whole", while the disciples, as I understand it, are in effect the Letters, or parts of the whole.

. This would be consistent with the Letters of the Living manifesting the attributes of the Bab. None of the Letters were the Whole, but portions thereof. The Bab was the Whole, as Jesus was the Word, etc.

. So perhaps the members of the Universal House of Justice comprise in some sense the Letters. That could be stretched way out of hand, so forgive me if my thoughts are taking liberty. More of a parallel thought pattern stemming from the exercise, you know.

. The atoms make up the molecule, the molecules make up the mineral, which combine to form a living cell, the cells into creatures, and the greatest unity of the creatures finds expression in total submission to the Administrative Order established by the Author of the Word Himself, Who sends the Messengers.

. Ya Baha'ul'Abha!!

.
Dear Dale - Good to hear from you, still offering teaching prayers your way, next time at the Future Temple Site in Solomon Islands, will call out a Ya'Baha'ul'abha from that mountain top for all you folks

I think it is the vision of our Faith, Unity being the key. Thus the Body of Molecules ties in great with the Faith. In fact, I like the way Baha'ullah is in Body form, the 3rd Temple all Christianity is waiting for. The Surih of the Temple being such a powerful tablet, one can not read it ans see that all people have been waiting for has come! (Súriy-i-Haykal)

Bahá'í Reference Library - The Summons of the Lord of Hosts, Pages 3-54

To have unity we must always think unity. The world is dying for unity and Baha'ullah has handed it to us on a plate He gave us Abdulbaha so we could live it. We Got a will and testament to make it ever so easy, we were gifted a Guardian that built the foundations for us???

Thus let us achieve it

God Bless you all Dale, keep up that teaching!

Regards Tony

Last edited by tonyfish58; 04-27-2015 at 09:10 PM.
 
Old 04-28-2015, 03:05 PM   #151
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2011
From: n ireland
Posts: 1,747
Allah'u'abha, have been Baha'i for 4 years this month. What a wonderful journey and I look forward to the path ahead
 
Old 04-28-2015, 09:16 PM   #152
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2013
From: forest falls california
Posts: 1,741
Summons of the Lord of Hosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfish58 View Post

In fact, I like the way Baha'ullah is in Body form, the 3rd Temple all Christianity is waiting for. The Surih of the Temple being such a powerful tablet, one can not read it ans see that all people have been waiting for has come! (Súriy-i-Haykal)

Bahá'í Reference Library - The Summons of the Lord of Hosts, Pages 3-54

To have unity we must always think unity. The world is dying for unity and Baha'ullah has handed it to us on a plate He gave us Abdulbaha so we could live it. We Got a will and testament to make it ever so easy, we were gifted a Guardian that built the foundations for us???
Tony,
. "The Summons of the Lord of Hosts" is so incredibly powerful. Even my goose bumps get goose bumps...


. "While engulfed in tribulations I heard a most wondrous, a most sweet voice, calling above My head. Turning My face, I beheld a Maiden—the embodiment of the remembrance of the name of My Lord—suspended in the air before Me. So rejoiced was she in her very soul that her countenance shone with the ornament of the good pleasure of God, and her cheeks glowed with the brightness of the All-Merciful. Betwixt earth and heaven she was raising a call which captivated the hearts and minds of men. She was imparting to both My inward and outer being tidings which rejoiced My soul, and the souls of God’s honoured servants.

. Pointing with her finger unto My head, she addressed all who are in heaven and all who are on earth, saying: By God! This is the Best-Beloved of the worlds, and yet ye comprehend not. This is the Beauty of God amongst you, and the power of His sovereignty within you, could ye but understand. This is the Mystery of God and His Treasure, the Cause of God and His glory unto all who are in the kingdoms of Revelation and of creation, if ye be of them that perceive. This is He Whose Presence is the ardent desire of the denizens of the Realm of eternity, and of them that dwell within the Tabernacle of glory, and yet from His Beauty do ye turn aside."
 
Old 04-29-2015, 02:16 PM   #153
Tony Bristow-Stagg
 
tonyfish58's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
From: Normanton Far North Queensland
Posts: 3,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale ramsdell View Post
Tony,
. "The Summons of the Lord of Hosts" is so incredibly powerful. Even my goose bumps get goose bumps...


. "While engulfed in tribulations I heard a most wondrous, a most sweet voice, calling above My head. Turning My face, I beheld a Maiden—the embodiment of the remembrance of the name of My Lord—suspended in the air before Me. So rejoiced was she in her very soul that her countenance shone with the ornament of the good pleasure of God, and her cheeks glowed with the brightness of the All-Merciful. Betwixt earth and heaven she was raising a call which captivated the hearts and minds of men. She was imparting to both My inward and outer being tidings which rejoiced My soul, and the souls of God’s honoured servants.

. Pointing with her finger unto My head, she addressed all who are in heaven and all who are on earth, saying: By God! This is the Best-Beloved of the worlds, and yet ye comprehend not. This is the Beauty of God amongst you, and the power of His sovereignty within you, could ye but understand. This is the Mystery of God and His Treasure, the Cause of God and His glory unto all who are in the kingdoms of Revelation and of creation, if ye be of them that perceive. This is He Whose Presence is the ardent desire of the denizens of the Realm of eternity, and of them that dwell within the Tabernacle of glory, and yet from His Beauty do ye turn aside."
Dear Dale - Yes after reading this Tablet one has to ask "Why do we not See"?

How can we so blind ourselves to this Eternal Beauty?

This closing paragraph of a prayer of the Bab listed under Spiritual Growth is an interesting Meditation

Vouchsafe unto me, O my God...

"...Indeed shouldst Thou desire to confer blessing upon a servant Thou wouldst blot out from the realm of his heart every mention or disposition except Thine Own mention; and shouldst Thou ordain evil for a servant by reason of that which his hands have unjustly wrought before Thy face, Thou wouldst test him with the benefits of this world and of the next that he might become preoccupied therewith and forget Thy remembrance." The Bab

The Benefits of this world and of the next being our greatest veils!

Oh that we could achieve true Remembrance!

God Bless and Regards Tony
 
Old 06-21-2015, 05:03 PM   #154
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2009
From: Jackson, MS
Posts: 478
1971. I'm a Nine Year Plan, Baby Boomer.
 
Old 06-22-2015, 10:26 AM   #155
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2013
From: Netherlands
Posts: 276
1982 on my son's first birthday, which was also a Nineteen-Day Feast. He declared 15 years later on the same day.
 
Old 06-22-2015, 11:54 AM   #156
Tony Bristow-Stagg
 
tonyfish58's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
From: Normanton Far North Queensland
Posts: 3,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne9 View Post
1982 on my son's first birthday, which was also a Nineteen-Day Feast. He declared 15 years later on the same day.
Wonderful heart warming occasion for you both!

God bless and regards Tony
 
Old 06-22-2015, 12:01 PM   #157
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2013
From: Netherlands
Posts: 276
Yes Tony, it was! I was at least as happy when my son declared as when I did.

I should have said fourteen years later. It was his fifteenth birthday.
 
Old 07-05-2015, 03:27 PM   #158
Minor Bloodsucker
 
gnat's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2014
From: Stockholm
Posts: 1,455
It must have been in 1978 or 79. I wonder if I was really meant to be a Bahá'í. It was the social teachings that somehow got me. For many years, I believed that the rest of the world gradually was to got closer to the Faith through applying those social teachings. Only in later years have I been able to turn my faith upside down and realize that the social teachings are just like the thin crust on the pie in its entirety.

For many years, I was a Bahá'í who felt that there was too much religious stuff in the Faith, and far too little action. I cannot say that I was thrilled when, as a new Bahá'í, I realized that our main goal was to move to some godforsaken province town in Sweden.

gnat

Last edited by gnat; 07-05-2015 at 03:42 PM.
 
Old 07-05-2015, 04:01 PM   #159
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2009
From: Jackson, MS
Posts: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnat View Post
I cannot say that I was thrilled when, as a new Bahá'í, I realized that our main goal was to move to some godforsaken province town in Sweden.

gnat
Hey, Sweden sounds nice. All my friends went to Chile or Barbados.
 
Old 07-05-2015, 04:26 PM   #160
Minor Bloodsucker
 
gnat's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2014
From: Stockholm
Posts: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaneck View Post
Hey, Sweden sounds nice. All my friends went to Chile or Barbados.
Well, these days, Sweden is kind of the kitten of the world. Everyone wants to stroke us and tickle us behind the ears.

gnat
 
Reply

  Baha'i Forums > Baha'i Forums > General Discussion

Tags
bahai, born, year



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook @bahaiforums RSS


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2006 - 2017 Bahai Forums. All rights reserved.