Bahai Forums

Go Back   Baha'i Forums > Baha'i Forums > Interfaith

Interfaith Interfaith discussion for different religious traditions


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2016, 02:22 PM   #41
Angel of Christ
 
Edward Palamar's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 79
The forum index, the home page, contains the most important information :

Link provided here : Free forum : Resurrected and Raptured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
Despite all you say, it looks like you really, REALLY don't want people to know your story.
As for your inability to ask a simple question politely without doing all manner of criticism and opining, you excel considerably.

This isn't a fiction novel, however, it is verifiable fact.
 
Join Baha'i Forums


Welcome to Baha'i Forums, an open Baha'i Faith community! We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the Baha'i Forums family!


Old 10-27-2016, 03:13 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: subcarpatian region, Poland
Posts: 157
Edward Palmer please visit doctor who specialise in mental illness for you, you told us "I h ave first been incarnate as Elijah (like anyone else, simply put : "born"), reincarnated as John (born again), and reincarnated again, more specifically, resurrected (as I was beheaded and dead for 1,925 years) as a king foretold in the verses of Daniel 11"

You need a quickly help, visit doctor regards

Last edited by Babism; 10-27-2016 at 03:18 PM.
 
Old 10-28-2016, 04:13 AM   #43
Angel of Christ
 
Edward Palamar's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 79
I'm not under your command, buffoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babism View Post
visit doctor
 
Old 10-28-2016, 07:28 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Wisconsin
Posts: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
My website is not open for your attack nor criticism.
It most certainly is. It's a public website. And I've worked as a web designer. I can't not notice the faults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
If you have a question, ask it
I've asked it countless times, both the last time you were here and this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
He is deceased now and I've mostly written of him with regard to the knowledge imparted through his passing on to eternal life.

Here is a short bit about him :

Robert the Aviator
Like, you don't seem to be unintelligent. So you must realize that that link says next to nothing about the person. How, again, can I recognize events about this man's life when you give so little details??

Frankly, either I'm wrong and you're not as smart as I give you credit for, or you are willfully being obtuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
I've already asked myself the same questions you're asking.
Did you ignore yourself when you asked them, or is this just something you reserve for me??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
Here is one, again :

"The Spirit of truth . . . and the things that are to come, he shall show you." (cf. John 16:13)
Again, some part of you MUST realize that this is not enough information for anyone to glean a good picture from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
Talk about being obtuse.
My inability to understand your story is a result of your clear lack of detail on the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
Because you only see it as MY story, not as interpretation of the Holy Spirit.
I don't care what you call it, you have not told me the full details. You have not linked me to the full details.

It's like you gave someone a page from a book and then chastised them for not having knowledge of the whole novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
It isn't meaningless nonsense to me, so it is not meaningless nonsense to us.
Because you have knowledge of your life which gives your statements context.

It's like me saying "I have witnessed God in the Fires of Nicolet".

Now that statement means something to me, because I have the knowledge of my life that gives that statement the proper context.

To you, the statement "I have witnessed God in the Fires of Nicolet" means nothing at all, correct?? Because you don't have the same knowledge of my life that would give you the context which would allow you to decipher that sentence.

This stuff should be rather obvious, that none of us can understand anything you are saying because you are withholding the context we need. I've said it countless times. It is my question which I have asked repeatedly. Yet you will not grant this context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
The forum index, the home page, contains the most important information :

Link provided here : Free forum : Resurrected and Raptured
An offering from a web designer: Text is most legible as a single neutral color upon a single neutral background. This is a standard of common web design.

See how this is hard on the eyes??

See how this is not??

As for the actual content of the main page rather than just the formatting problems that set off so many alarms in this walrus's mind, it suffers from the same problems everything you write does. It is meaningless to someone who doesn't have the context that only you have.

My advice on revising your main page??
-Pick one color, preferably black, that'll be the most legible.
-Pick two font sizes, use the bigger one for titles, use the other for everything else. Emphasize things you want to draw attention to with bolding, italics or underline, and do so sparsely, don't try to add emphasis with a change in font size.
-Use your main page to give the context details of your life, the life of this Robert, the life of anyone else you feel relates to these prophecies. Because we the readers of your site, literally need this context to understand anything else on your site. You've only ever viewed your site from your own eyes. Therefore it's hard for you too understand what it's like for someone with not much knowledge on the subject of your life to view your website. Has anyone told you your website makes sense before, and is perfectly understandable to them?? If they have, fine, but I'd be surprised. To your average walrus like me, it's just a confusing mess that makes no sense. You need to add context if you truly want to be understood.
-You really need to reformat and remove unused portions of your forum or "website" until you are ready to actually use them. It makes it nearly impossible to navigate for someone who isn't already intimately familiar with it. The unfinished portions look like cryptic nonsense to anyone who is trying to scour your site for substantive information.

Now, of course, if I'm wrong and you don't want to be understood, keep the site as is. It does a perfect job in that respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
As for your inability to ask a simple question politely without doing all manner of criticism and opining, you excel considerably.
I asked the question plenty of times before. Politeness has been tried quite a bit. Now I'm mostly just having fun with your posts.

And, c'mon now, be honest, you're not really one to be able to criticize someone for criticism now are you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
I'm not under your command, buffoon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
Apparently, you don't see how much of a judgmental liar you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
on land you resemble more the cursed serpent,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
How about a little English lesson? "Prophesy" is the verb form. "Prophecy" is the noun form. A prophet prophesies prophecy.
(In particular I found this one rather nasty and hypocritical coming from "flubber")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
What, are you an existentialist?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
Would you like to repeat your question in the form of a question, rather than a riddle?

Sobriety helps, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
That psychiatrist has some pills for you. I've got a size 11.
That one's notable from how you react to Mr. Szul making much the same comment towards you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
That's a pseudonym because he's not sure if he's right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
That would be, "I wasn't good at English."
Again, "flubber". The key to being a grammar Nazi is not making any mistakes on the subject yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
Then you've been believing in a lie for almost two hundred years, in fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
Your historical account is inaccurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
You don't have a case.

You never had a case.
Those examples from just two threads seem sufficient examples of criticism. Some of the criticism spanning into flat-out insult.

Looking through older posts I'm just coming up with some more questions. No doubt you will ignore these too, but whatever, it can never hurt to ask:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
And Our Lady of the Nations has foretold WWIII. According to that prophecy it began in 1981 A.D., when the Pontiff John Paul II was shot. It is to last for 35 years and include a 2/3rds reduction in the global population.

This leaves a short window remaining
Yes, that is a very short window. How do you propose 2/3rds of the world population is to die in the next 64 days??

I mean the population in 1981 when WWIII began was roughly 4,500,000,000. Today it is 7,400,000,000. 1/3 of the population when WWIII began is 1,500,000,000.

That requires 5,900,000,000 deaths to reach 1/3 as predicted. Which means between now and then, we need to, on average net 92,187,500 deaths per day.

With a birthrate of 360,000 per day, and a natural death rate of 151,507 per day, that brings us to requiring a grand total of 92,396,933 deaths per day between now and then, according to the timeline you have given to reach the numbers you claim.

Now if there was some massive natural calamity between now and then, like Yellowstone erupting, then maybe we'll get those numbers. But you appear to be claiming these deaths to be war related.

Last edited by Walrus; 10-28-2016 at 09:23 AM.
 
Old 10-28-2016, 07:36 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: subcarpatian region, Poland
Posts: 157
Great Babilon mean Roman Catholic Church will be fallen
" Originally Posted byEdward PalamarView Post
And Our Lady of the Nations has foretold WWIII. According to that prophecy it began in 1981 A.D., when the Pontiff John Paul II was shot. It is to last for 35 years and include a 2/3rds reduction in the global population"

Our Lady of nation or a mother of God - is title of demon
III mystery of Fatimah is in reality about end of Catholic Church (but is hidden by this abominable church)
 
Old 10-28-2016, 09:25 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: subcarpatian region, Poland
Posts: 157
Queen of Heaven - other her names - "mother of God" is in reality demon who cheat many religions, example - voodoo, Catholicism, Buddhism (bodhisattvas)
Queen of Heaven reveales as holy Mary, Mary died in Jerusalem very long time and she wait for Resurrection like holy Jesus. Holy Mary is not mother of God or "Queen of Heaven"

Prophet Jeremiah 44:19
" New International Version

The women added, "When we burned incense to the Queen of Heaven and poured out drink offerings to her, did not our husbands know that we were making cakes impressed with her image and pouring out drink offerings to her?"

Prophet Isaiah told us
" Isaiah 44:15-19New International Version (NIV)
15It is used as fuelfor burning;
some of it he takes and warms himself,
he kindles a fire and bakes bread.
But he also fashions a god and worshipsit;
he makes an idol and bowsdown to it.
16Half of the wood he burns in the fire;
over it he prepares his meal,
he roasts his meat and eats his fill.
He also warms himself and says,
“Ah! I am warm; I see the fire.”
17From the rest he makes a god, his idol;
he bows down to it and worships.
He praysto it and says,
“Saveme! You are my god!”
18They know nothing, they understandnothing;
their eyesare plastered over so they cannot see,
and their minds closed so they cannot understand.
19No one stops to think,
no one has the knowledge or understandingto say,
“Half of it I used for fuel;
I even baked bread over its coals,
I roasted meat and I ate.
Shall I make a detestablething from what is left?
Shall I bow down to a block of wood?”

Last edited by Babism; 10-28-2016 at 09:30 AM.
 
Old 10-28-2016, 03:41 PM   #47
Lives in hope
 
AidanK's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2015
From: N Ireland
Posts: 378
Brother Walrus, why do you waste so much energy on this person?
 
Old 10-29-2016, 01:42 AM   #48
Angel of Christ
 
Edward Palamar's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
Because you have knowledge of your life which gives your statements context.
The only mess here is you, (let me show you) and others like yourself who think your 'brand' of knowledge, wisdom, and/or whatever, is so much better than any one else's because they haven't joined your 'secret' club.

The 'baha'is' are, simply put, the rebel mohammedans and freemasons repackaged.

You're after the king's head even after the king is dead and buried.

Then, if you can, like the mental abusers and cowards you are, you exhume his body, desecrate it, and call yourselves masters.

You claim to have Religion as a basis, but your roots are nothing but greed.

But when you see that your racketeering might only have 25 more days remaining, you begin to flex your muscles like a goose readying for flight.

As your basis is greed and your main interest is self gain, anything that seems to threaten that way of life is a red flag to you.

And it is at this point that greed consumes its victim for pride, assuming a superior anything on the basis of that fear.

Your writing, manner of address, and criticism all suffer because of such things.

But things can get worse, and that is what is under scrutiny per the title of this thread.

Last edited by Edward Palamar; 10-30-2016 at 09:07 PM.
 
Old 10-29-2016, 02:11 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: .
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidanK View Post
Brother Walrus, why do you waste so much energy on this person?
And I thought I was a pain in the (Edited)!

Last edited by Niblo; 10-29-2016 at 03:24 AM.
 
Old 10-29-2016, 02:19 AM   #50
Tony Bristow-Stagg
 
tonyfish58's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
From: Normanton Far North Queensland
Posts: 4,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niblo View Post
And I thought I was a pain in the (Edited)
Niblo great to see you again

This whole thread was worth That, it has been some time.

Hope you are well and happy.

Regards Tony

Last edited by tonyfish58; 10-29-2016 at 02:21 AM.
 
Old 10-29-2016, 06:56 AM   #51
dash
 
Fadl's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
From: Somewhere "in this immensity"
Posts: 1,542
Speaking of days of darkness, this is a fun fact. There is a place that will get far more than 3 days of darkness: 67, to be precise. This is not at all unusual, because Barrow Alaska is far North and located above the artic circle, and so every winter there are 67 days without a sunrise or sunset.

Cheers
 
Old 10-29-2016, 12:13 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: .
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfish58 View Post
Niblo great to see you again

This whole thread was worth That, it has been some time.

Hope you are well and happy.

Regards Tony
Hi Tony.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm fine, thanks. Just passing through.

I see you've had a change of home. A happy move, I trust.

Anyway, you take very good care of yourself.

Very best regards.

Paul
 
Old 10-29-2016, 12:54 PM   #53
Tony Bristow-Stagg
 
tonyfish58's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
From: Normanton Far North Queensland
Posts: 4,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niblo View Post
Hi Tony.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm fine, thanks. Just passing through.

I see you've had a change of home. A happy move, I trust.

Anyway, you take very good care of yourself.

Very best regards.

Paul
Thank you Paul, yes Faith and life are such a bounty that happiness can be the only result.

We definitly on our Journey try not to make it so

Stay well and stay Happy, call by for a chat sometimes.

Regards Tony
 
Old 10-29-2016, 02:58 PM   #54
Lives in hope
 
AidanK's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2015
From: N Ireland
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niblo View Post
And I thought I was a pain in the (Edited)!
Hi Paul, thanks for dropping by. Your thoughtful appraisals are much missed. Remember me in your prayers as I will you
 
Old 10-29-2016, 05:25 PM   #55
Tony Bristow-Stagg
 
tonyfish58's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
From: Normanton Far North Queensland
Posts: 4,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidanK View Post
Hi Paul, thanks for dropping by. Your thoughtful appraisals are much missed. Remember me in your prayers as I will you
Aidan I have been considering a reply to the question you asked a little while ago about Baha'u'llah and How He is Seen as God, I had to clear it in my mind to answer in a way that seemed adequate.

In the History of God and His Faiths, it is Jesus the Christ that first gave us a Glimpse of what this connection is by coming in the Station of the Son and then telling us the Father is greater than I and further, why call me good there is none good but God.

The key to the understanding of God is the, "I Am", which is also the "First and the Last" and the "Beginning and the End".

In the past the Trinity was formed in an attempt to explain this, but it lacked a key, a key of the oneness of God and His Faiths. The Message of Muhammad corrected the flaw that was creeping into doctrine by warning not to Make of God Three. God is beyond all knowledge and understanding in any way shape or form, the Essence of God can not be known. Christ gave this truth to us and Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah have further clarified this. Now we know that God is beyond our thoughts, for us to know and Love God is by accepting His Manifestation, the "I Am" given to all Prophets (Messengers) for a specific message for the time it was given.

Thus we now have what God gave us so He could be Loved, He gave His Creation of the Holy Spirit in the Station of "I Am". This is what is given to each man that has been Exhorted to give Gods Message, this is the True Station of Christ to which we are also to look for in any other Manifestation.

Now this is where it is powerfully beautiful, this is the key to the Oneness of God and His Messages. The I Am in Christ is all the Messages, Moses is all the Messages, Muhammad is all the Messages, same with the Bab and Baha'u'llah and all other carriers of Gods Messages, they are all the "I Am". There are many writings to explain this in detail.

This Oneness becomes veiled when we direct our Love to the Earth given Name or Flesh that carried the Message or to the ideas that man has formulated that we are told we must believe before we can really Love God.

Do you still wish to explore this Aidan? Always love to have a chat about it. In conclusion to this post, remember dear friend it is the "I AM" that we all are finding our Love of God Through, we do not have to put a Name on the Mirror that reflects the Sun, we just have to partake and in turn share the light.

God bless and Regards Tony

Last edited by tonyfish58; 10-29-2016 at 05:31 PM.
 
Old 10-29-2016, 11:20 PM   #56
Angel of Christ
 
Edward Palamar's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfish58 View Post
In the History of God
God has always been and will always be : in that He has no history.

This is an important point to remember to avoid such error as :

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfish58 View Post
and His Faiths,
There is only one faith.

One God, one faith - simple enough?
 
Old 10-30-2016, 01:29 AM   #57
Tony Bristow-Stagg
 
tonyfish58's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
From: Normanton Far North Queensland
Posts: 4,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
God has always been and will always be : in that He has no history.

This is an important point to remember to avoid such error as :

There is only one faith.

One God, one faith - simple enough?
Edward I hope you are well and happy and life is treating you well.

Must say looking forward to Tuesday and Wednesday (1st and 2nd of November)to celebrate the Twin Holy Birthdays. Next year will be the 200 year Celebration of the Birth of these Bab and Baha'u'llah and this will be a BIG celebration.

It is a wonderful world we live in, a world full of History and records of God and His Faiths. A great bounty for us to learn what was done wrong in the Past.

Yes One God and His Religion is One. I am happy to see you did see that was the purpose of that post and came to the same conclusion.

I will take this opportunity to wish you well as we may not chat much in the future if your predictions have foundation.

Regards Tony
 
Old 10-30-2016, 03:59 PM   #58
Lives in hope
 
AidanK's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2015
From: N Ireland
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfish58 View Post
Aidan I have been considering a reply to the question you asked a little while ago about Baha'u'llah and How He is Seen as God, I had to clear it in my mind to answer in a way that seemed adequate.

In the History of God and His Faiths, it is Jesus the Christ that first gave us a Glimpse of what this connection is by coming in the Station of the Son and then telling us the Father is greater than I and further, why call me good there is none good but God.

The key to the understanding of God is the, "I Am", which is also the "First and the Last" and the "Beginning and the End".

In the past the Trinity was formed in an attempt to explain this, but it lacked a key, a key of the oneness of God and His Faiths. The Message of Muhammad corrected the flaw that was creeping into doctrine by warning not to Make of God Three. God is beyond all knowledge and understanding in any way shape or form, the Essence of God can not be known. Christ gave this truth to us and Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah have further clarified this. Now we know that God is beyond our thoughts, for us to know and Love God is by accepting His Manifestation, the "I Am" given to all Prophets (Messengers) for a specific message for the time it was given.

Thus we now have what God gave us so He could be Loved, He gave His Creation of the Holy Spirit in the Station of "I Am". This is what is given to each man that has been Exhorted to give Gods Message, this is the True Station of Christ to which we are also to look for in any other Manifestation.

Now this is where it is powerfully beautiful, this is the key to the Oneness of God and His Messages. The I Am in Christ is all the Messages, Moses is all the Messages, Muhammad is all the Messages, same with the Bab and Baha'u'llah and all other carriers of Gods Messages, they are all the "I Am". There are many writings to explain this in detail.

This Oneness becomes veiled when we direct our Love to the Earth given Name or Flesh that carried the Message or to the ideas that man has formulated that we are told we must believe before we can really Love God.

Do you still wish to explore this Aidan? Always love to have a chat about it. In conclusion to this post, remember dear friend it is the "I AM" that we all are finding our Love of God Through, we do not have to put a Name on the Mirror that reflects the Sun, we just have to partake and in turn share the light.

God bless and Regards Tony
Thank you for your thoughtful response Tony. This reminds me that in Genesis God reveals His name as "I am"
 
Old 10-30-2016, 06:25 PM   #59
Tony Bristow-Stagg
 
tonyfish58's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
From: Normanton Far North Queensland
Posts: 4,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidanK View Post
Thank you for your thoughtful response Tony. This reminds me that in Genesis God reveals His name as "I am"
Yes that is correct and the way I now understand it is that all the Prophets have been sent as a Perfect Mirror of "I Am".

This is the Name that Acts 4:12 says by which there is no other Name to come by.

Be happy and always full of joy Adain.

Regards Tony
 
Old 10-31-2016, 02:46 AM   #60
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: .
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidanK View Post
Hi Paul, thanks for dropping by. Your thoughtful appraisals are much missed. Remember me in your prayers as I will you
Hi Aidan.

Still wearing that hat, I see

I understand that you've returned to the Catholic Church. It will be good for you. I retain a great deal of regard for the Church, even though I no longer agree with certain of her teachings. It was my privilege to know, and to love, excellent Catholics, every one a credit to their Faith. I wish you well.

Thank you for your kind words; and for your prayers. God willing, I will keep you in mine.

Have a great week, and very best regards.

Paul
 
Old 10-31-2016, 10:20 AM   #61
Senior Member
 
Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Wisconsin
Posts: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidanK View Post
Brother Walrus, why do you waste so much energy on this person?
Best case scenario (however unlikely): He improves!!
Worst case scenario: He feels engaged and thus is contained here and doesn't wander over to spoil other threads as well.

Either way a win.
 
Old 10-31-2016, 10:28 AM   #62
Senior Member
 
Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Wisconsin
Posts: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
The only mess here is you, (let me show you) and others like yourself who think your 'brand' of knowledge, wisdom, and/or whatever, is so much better than any one else's because they haven't joined your 'secret' club.
The Baha'i Faith isn't a religion that can be classed as an esoteric or mystery religion, as you allude to here.

And, generally, I'm not fond of esoteric religions as I believe knowledge should be openly shared, not jealously guarded among a religion's members.

That being said, I prefer the esoteric religions to certain others. An esoteric faith will at least share their knowledge if you join their religion. Which is a marked improvement on, say, refusing to share knowledge forever and always.

I don't pretend my "brand" of wisdom is superior, which is why I ask you to explain your "brand" of wisdom, so that I can evaluate it on its terms. You won't give me that, though. It seems like you want to guard your brand of wisdom for yourself, perhaps you like the novelty of it?? Admittedly, if you're attracted to the pure novelty of your unique brand of wisdom, sharing it with another would dilute that and spoil that fun.

Is this your motive?? Do you desire a monopoly of your own wisdom??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
But when you see that your racketeering might only have 25 more days remaining, you begin to flex your muscles like a goose readying for flight.
Will be good to hear from you in 24 days. Regardless, I don't see my racketeering having only 24 more days, for you have given me nothing to think there is even a small chance of my "racketeering" coming to an end in that window. You withhold that wisdom, thus, how can I react to it in any way??

Last edited by Walrus; 10-31-2016 at 10:30 AM.
 
Old 11-01-2016, 12:50 AM   #63
Angel of Christ
 
Edward Palamar's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 79
In normal conversation one person will ask another person one question at a time.

Not use the open highway to manifest ones greed as you've done yet again as in post #62 : 4 questions, 8 question marks.

The assumption that your knowledge is superior is based upon the writings of your 'guru'.

We were over this in the other thread : you may enter any facts you have as proof, but first they must be facts.
 
Old 11-01-2016, 05:17 AM   #64
Senior Member
 
Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Wisconsin
Posts: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
In normal conversation one person will ask another person one question at a time.
Well, if you wish to proselytize on the internet you should get used to the format of normal internet conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
Not use the open highway to manifest ones greed as you've done yet again as in post #62 : 4 questions, 8 question marks.
Also, interesting criticism coming from someone who made seven posts in response to a single person. How come every criticism you lob at my style ends up being applicable to yourself??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
The assumption that your knowledge is superior is based upon the writings of your 'guru'.
Again, I make no such assumption. If I did make such an assumption, I'd brush aside every point you made and ignore it as irrelevant. I wouldn't ask you for elaboration, as I have been doing unsuccessfully.

If my knowledge was unquestionably superior, then there'd be no reason to inquire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
We were over this in the other thread : you may enter any facts you have as proof, but first they must be facts.
I'm not trying to prove anything or make any declarative statements. I'm asking for elaboration on your points. I don't seek to enter facts as proof but to repeatedly ask you to do that yourself. You can't prove a question.

I'd still very much like you to enter the facts you have as proof. But, alack, it appears the Fourth King does not have time for such things as proving his contextless assertions!!

This link might help to explain why I'm not the one who needs to prove things at this point in time.

23 Days.

Off Topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
rebel mohammedans.
Sweet band name.

Last edited by Walrus; 11-01-2016 at 05:21 AM.
 
Old 11-03-2016, 02:55 AM   #65
Angel of Christ
 
Edward Palamar's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 79
In my study of these prophecies, there has been one regarding a failing rebuilding, inclusive to a "Third Temple".

When I see the picture of the Baha'i Universal House of Justice, I see a fulfillment of such prophecy.

And this failing is supported by the detrimental influence of an institution which fails to acknowledge as its sole basis that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Hence, its basis, notwithstanding any inherent beauty in its architecture, is not on solid ground.

Open to heresy, every manifestation of its core principles are devoid of any sincere devotion to the Truth, the Way, and the Life.

The good news of eternal life is placed upon the same shelf as that of lying, thievery, and murder.

Thus, the presence of such a selectively, acquiescing blotch is destined for judgment.
 
Old 11-03-2016, 03:00 AM   #66
Tony Bristow-Stagg
 
tonyfish58's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
From: Normanton Far North Queensland
Posts: 4,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
In my study of these prophecies, there has been one regarding a failing rebuilding, inclusive to a "Third Temple".

When I see the picture of the Baha'i Universal House of Justice, I see a fulfillment of such prophecy.

And this failing is supported by the detrimental influence of an institution which fails to acknowledge as its sole basis that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Hence, its basis, notwithstanding any inherent beauty in its architecture, is not on solid ground.

Open to heresy, every manifestation of its core principles are devoid of any sincere devotion to the Truth, the Way, and the Life.

The good news of eternal life is placed upon the same shelf as that of lying, thievery, and murder.

Thus, the presence of such a selectively, acquiescing blotch is destined for judgment.
I see Baha'u'llah as the Third Temple.

Here is a link to the Tablet on the Temple

Tablet of the Temple

The Universal House of Justice is protected by the "Arc if the Covernant".

Regards Tony
 
Old 11-03-2016, 12:24 PM   #67
Senior Member
 
Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Wisconsin
Posts: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfish58 View Post
I see Baha'u'llah as the Third Temple.

Here is a link to the Tablet on the Temple

Tablet of the Temple

The Universal House of Justice is protected by the "Arc if the Covernant".

Regards Tony
Huh, I'd never read that before. Thanks!!

I had always just thought the Third Temple was literally either the Al-Aqsa Mosque or the Dome on the Rock. Since they're essentially literal temples to God built on the same site as the other two. Then again, now that I think about it, there's evidence of a Byzantine Church having been at the site as well, and Al-Aqsa was rebuilt twice. So my old theory doesn't really work anymore unless Al-Aqsa is actually the Sixth Temple.
 
Old 11-03-2016, 12:41 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Wisconsin
Posts: 949
See, Eddie, I think a lot of the problems with your communication stem from the fact that you try to engage us as Baha'is, yet you don't seem to know much about what Baha'is actually think. I see this in numerous posts, mostly on the last thread you started last year, but this is another example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
And this failing is supported by the detrimental influence of an institution which fails to acknowledge as its sole basis that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
So either whoever told you this is mistaken, or your interpretation of our beliefs is faulty. Baha'is believe Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. We're in complete agreement on this point, but from whatever scant study of us you've done, you've come to somehow think that this is a point of contention between us. It's not. He is the Way. He is the Truth. He is the Life. That's nothing we Baha'is dispute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
Open to heresy, every manifestation of its core principles are devoid of any sincere devotion to the Truth, the Way, and the Life.
So sayeth the self-declared antichrist. 2 Thessalonians 2:4's description of you makes it seem rather hypocritical to call another "heretical".

Or do you not style yourself that way anymore?? I haven't seen you use that title in a while, perhaps you've abandoned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
The good news of eternal life is placed upon the same shelf as that of lying, thievery, and murder.
I have no idea what it is you're trying to say here. It almost seems like you're saying the people who brought and bring forth Jesus's news were committing sin by doing so, sin the equivalent of murder?? I don't think that's what you actually mean, but that's how it sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Palamar View Post
Thus, the presence of such a selectively, acquiescing blotch is destined for judgment.
For clarification, did you actually mean "selectively, acquiescing blotch" or "selectively acquiescing blotch"?? Because you used the former, but the latter makes a bit more sense, and, in fact, is the only one that makes any sense, as the way you phrase it means the adverb "selectively" is being applied to the noun "blotch".

Again, I don't think you're any good at being a grammar Nazi.

21 Days to go!! And we still need 5,900,000,000 deaths before the year is up for your interpretations to hold.

Last edited by Walrus; 11-03-2016 at 12:55 PM.
 
Old 11-03-2016, 12:52 PM   #69
Tony Bristow-Stagg
 
tonyfish58's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
From: Normanton Far North Queensland
Posts: 4,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
Huh, I'd never read that before. Thanks!!

I had always just thought the Third Temple was literally either the Al-Aqsa Mosque or the Dome on the Rock. Since they're essentially literal temples to God built on the same site as the other two. Then again, now that I think about it, there's evidence of a Byzantine Church having been at the site as well, and Al-Aqsa was rebuilt twice. So my old theory doesn't really work anymore unless Al-Aqsa is actually the Sixth Temple.
There was many discussions on the 3rd Temple on CAF. While reading thier ideas I came upon the Tablet of Baha'u'llah.

As many see they need a 3rd temple built to fulfill a requirememt for the 2nd coming, I had to agree with Baha'u'llah, His Temple is Best.

"Thus have We built the Temple with the hands of power and might, could ye but know it. This is the Temple promised to you in the Book. Draw nigh unto it. This is that which profiteth you, could ye but comprehend it. Be fair, O peoples of the earth! Which is preferable, this, or a temple which is built of clay? Set your faces towards it. Thus have ye been commanded by God, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting. Follow ye His bidding, and praise ye your God, your Lord, for that which He hath bestowed upon you. He, verily, is the Truth. No God is there but He. He revealeth what He pleaseth, through His words 'Be and it is.'"

Regards Tony
 
Old 11-03-2016, 01:38 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: subcarpatian region, Poland
Posts: 157
All people who worship God the Father (using his many names - Yahweh, Allah, Brahma, Ik Onkar etc) are true living "temple of God"
 
Reply

  Baha'i Forums > Baha'i Forums > Interfaith

Tags
2016, 2426, darkness, days, november, three days of darkness



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook @bahaiforums RSS


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2006 - 2018 Bahai Forums. All rights reserved.