'Abdu'l Bahá claims all from Africa are savages and uncivilized

Apr 2015
Las Vegas, Nevada
Lemuel - Could it be Your true colours have now been shown, or can you not read?

Abdul'baha did not say this, he quoted as others thinking this was the case.

If you made a mistake, Would you like to delete this thread?

God bless and regards Tony

No, I love Abdul Baha, I keep a photo of him with me whereever I go, but I wonder what this is, after the quote:
"
The prophets also acknowledge this opinion, to wit: That education hath a great effect upon the human race, but they declare that minds and comprehensions are originally different. And this matter is self-evident; it cannot be refuted. We see that certain children of the same age, nativity and race, nay, from the same578household, under the tutorship of one teacher, differ in their minds and comprehensions. One advanceth rapidly, another is slow in catching the rays of culture, still another remaineth in the lowest degree of stupidity."

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
No, I love Abdul Baha, I keep a photo of him with me whereever I go, but I wonder what this is, after the quote:
"
The prophets also acknowledge this opinion, to wit: That education hath a great effect upon the human race, but they declare that minds and comprehensions are originally different. And this matter is self-evident; it cannot be refuted. We see that certain children of the same age, nativity and race, nay, from the same household, under the tutorship of one teacher, differ in their minds and comprehensions. One advanceth rapidly, another is slow in catching the rays of culture, still another remaineth in the lowest degree of stupidity."
Abdul'baha is giving an example of the importance of Education and the ability of people to be educated.

Fact is some people are smart, some are not as and some are many cents short of a dollar. This is life, God gives to He chooses. We except God doeth as He Willeth.

In the end we all can only reach our Potential with Education in the Spirit and in The Material.

It is known fact if you leave a child uneducated it will be raised by and subject to its animal instincts.

Regards Tony

Last edited:
Apr 2015
Las Vegas, Nevada
Abdul'baha is giving an example of the importance of Education and the ability of people to be educated.

Fact is some people are smart, some are not as and some are may cents short of a dollar. This is life, God gives to He chooses. We except God doeth as He Willeth.

In the end we all can only reach our Potential with Education in the Spirit and in Tue Material.

It is known fact if you leave a child uneducated it will be raised by and subject to its animal instincts.

Regards Tony
But he says the savages of Africa cant learn and are incompetent.

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
But he says the savages of Africa cant learn and are incompetent.
Go back and read again and note it is within Quotation Marks pointing out that this is what the learned men in society say.

Abdul'baha is confirming it is the opposite, that education makes all races equal. All have clever, not so cleaver and some very dull people.

I am done with this. Your statement in opening this thread went way to far. :sad:

Last edited:
Apr 2015
Las Vegas, Nevada
Go back and read again and note it is within Quotation Marks pointing out that this is what the learned men in society say.

Abdul'baha is confirming it is the opposite, that education makes all races equal. All have clever, not so cleaver and some very dull people.

I am done with this. Your statement in opening this thread went way to far. :sad:

Go back and read what he said after.

What statement?

Mar 2013
_
You took this completely out of context. There are only two possibilities. You did so on purpose or you really lack the reading comprehension. I hope it's the latter. Pray for guidance on it, perhaps? This is the last I have to say on this. You really do discredit to the faith when you make statements like this. You completely misrepresented what Abd'ul Baha said. Bahai's in various places of the world suffer in prison because of untruths like this. When you realize you are wrong, if your ego permits, imagine the damage that this could do to someone who reads this, and is so adversely affected they do not take the time to find out the truth of the matter. Do you really think that what you type has no consequences? Deplorable.

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
It is a good thread, i like it :)
you wonder why i would like a thread which doesn't speak the truth? well, because for a person who is in search of truth, ANY INFORMATION would be an opportunity and an encouragement to study the truth :)
i didn't know about what Abdul Baha had said about African people; i didn't know the context. but now i know and because there was controversy, i studied the truth. now if someone asks me about it, i can provide him with answers :)
and by the way, this one quote is very beautiful and true:

"The prophets also acknowledge this opinion, to wit: That education hath a great effect upon the human race, but they declare that minds and comprehensions are originally different. And this matter is self-evident; it cannot be refuted. We see that certain children of the same age, nativity and race, nay, from the same578household, under the tutorship of one teacher, differ in their minds and comprehensions. One advanceth rapidly, another is slow in catching the rays of culture, still another remaineth in the lowest degree of stupidity."

thank you Lamuel for making me study the matter and thank you Tony and Noogan for giving me the right information :)
it is not always bad to have some challenges here ;)

Aug 2010
New Zealand mainly
thank you Lamuel for making me study the matter and thank you Tony and Noogan for giving me the right information :)
it is not always bad to have some challenges here ;)
Abdu'l-Baha said,

They write whatever comes into their minds. Never be downcast when you see that such things are being circulated. Put all your energies into implementing the commandments of Baha’u’llah. Do not be distracted. These very people are causing the word of God to be disseminated among God’s servants, for naturally, fair-minded people will investigate and study the matter critically. This investigation and critical study will lead to them being guided. Suppose, for example, that someone said that a candle in a certain room has been extinguished. Later, a hearer investigates, and may find that it is burning. Or one may be told, “There is a tree in that garden that has yellow leaves, broken branches and bitter fruit, its flowers have a bad odor. Be sure to avoid it.” It may be that fair-minded people, not being satisfied with this report, will say, “We will go and see, and investigate the facts for ourselves.” When they investigate and search the matter out, they see that the trees in the garden are perfectly formed, their trunks perfectly straight, their leaves fresh and green, their blossoms giving the most pleasant perfume, their fruit full of sweetness, and that the flowers are blooming abundantly. They will say, “God be praised: those lies have guided us to this garden!”
from "Opposition and its beneficial effects,"
A talk given by Abdu'l-baha on November 19, 1911, in Paris

Full text here