Abdul-Baha blesses an unborn child:

Jun 2006
California
The following is actually from a letter addressed by a believer to a child and describes how Abdul-Baha blessed the child before it was born.. It also contains a statement by Abdul-Baha about the first words He spoke:

I do not remember exactly what she said, but it was something to this effect -- that she hadn't much hope of the present generation, but that she represented the future generation and she craved a blessing. I copied down what Abdul Baha said, so that you could keep it always. He was so happy when he spoke of you that his face fairly rippled with smiles.

"Your child," he said, "will have extraordinary capacity. It will be a friend of God. Rear it in the teachings of Baha'o'llah. Rest assured your child will be assisted by the divine concourse and through this assistance it will exhibit a universal consciousness -- for this cause encompasses the west and the east and children born under these conditions in this day will have the advantages of the universal illumination. Today some children are called prodigies, but the inheritors of this cause will attain to a degree that the others, even though educated in the best schools and with every advantage, know nothing of.

"Children blessed in this way before they are born are of the new race. I was born in Persia and while I nursed with my mother's milk I received truth. When a little child my first words were, 'Ya Baha El-Abha!'"

When the master said this, though distanced from him by the veils of flesh and immaturity you heard him, for your mother told me afterwards that you leaped as though in answer to his voice. **

With one of his divine smiles the beloved of the worlds raised his hands in blessing. His parting words were:

"I will pray for you and your child always, of this rest assured!"

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Divine Philosophy, p. 92

Apr 2009
United States
This brings a new perspective to abortion and understanding the reason behind Baha'u'llah's Teachings towards abortion.
Thank you for sharing.