Abdul Baha: Racist??? Someone explain--IN DETAIL

Apr 2014
Pennsylvania, USA
I'm guessing it's the video put out by the Daheshists, I've seen them all.

I was horrified when I saw it, Abdul Bahá calling Africans "Savages". Until I actually looked up the verses he was citing. Some Answered Questions, pg 567 was a quote he has out of, 5. 6. 7. Come on, haha. Most of it are lies and just propoganda
Dear Lemuel,

I watched some of the video a while ago and I'll agree with you that it is filled with lies overflowing. I referenced for myself the actuall verses of Abdul Baha just to make sure for myself, and go figures, it was out of context. However, I bet that it had to do with a certain Derrick Evenson figure when he was up to some mischief a few years ago. From what I understand the community of Daheshist themselves actually condemn the lies and distortions that Derrick has propagated over that time. Not only lies of others, but even of their own faith, often using false presumptions and personal motives in an attempt to teach it. For which reason they told him to either stop or have nothing to do with them.
I just wanted to make sure that nobody has their name slandered because of the lies and distortions that others propagate in their name.

With Peace, God bless.

Last edited:
Nov 2012
Florida
I watched some of the video a while ago and I'll agree with you that it is filled with lies overflowing. I referenced for myself the actual verses of Abdu'l-Baha just to make sure for myself, and go figures, it was out of context.
How sad for anyone who allows themselves to be misdirected by lies and deceit. I think of how much my own life, absent the love, example, knowledge and wisdom of Abdu'l-Baha, would be greatly diminished.

Sep 2010
Earth
How sad for anyone who allows themselves to be misdirected by lies and deceit. I think of how much my own life, absent the love, example, knowledge and wisdom of Abdu'l-Baha, would be greatly diminished.
We see what we want to see and what Frame of Reference we place ourselves in.

God allows us to do this, a gift to some who notice the error when they stray and a punishmet to others who are happy in their chosen path.

The Frame of Reference to which we must place ourselves in is only found in the Words of God to which nature as a whole can point us to. Look at any other source and the path will be full of pitfalls.

God bless and regards Tony

Apr 2015
Niagara Region, Canada
Quotes are taken out of context. It seems a little biased to quote as being said by one person when that person is quoting an other in the copied text. One can make a case against any Faith by the scriptures or writings if the quotes are carefully chosen and the full text is absent. As per slaves, as well as Baha'u'llah freeing the "slaves", it may well be that he was forgiving a debt owed the family. One must understand what slavery was in Iran/Persia at that time. See the links.

Slavery in Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Enslaved African Women in Nineteenth-Century Iran: The Life of Fezzeh Khanum of Shiraz | Anthony A. Lee - Academia.edu

Oct 2014
Stockholm
I've reached that stage where I have started to enjoy all the slander, false information and whatever. I laugh from the bottom of my heart. Let's put it this way: if John always acts absolutely correctly and Nigel constantly accuses John of all kinds of horrible deeds, each accusation can be refuted. But when each piece of slander is added to another and Nigel and his friends constantly invent new stories, there comes a point in time where the rest o the world starts to believe in the fairy tales, thinking that there must at least be something to them.

The only thing to do, I think, is to laugh it off.

gnat

Apr 2015
Niagara Region, Canada
The only thing to do, I think, is to laugh it off.

gnat
VERY TRUE! The part I don't get is why so many people seem to feel threatened and see a need to make the faith look bad. At the very least, one would think they might appreciate our attitude of tolerance.

May 2013
forest falls california
Its Only a Test...

VERY TRUE! The part I don't get is why so many people seem to feel threatened and see a need to make the faith look bad. At the very least, one would think they might appreciate our attitude of tolerance.
There is a quote in the Quran: "They lay plots not but against themselves"

and "Allah is the best of plotters."

So while they warp the wood to their own designs, it is their own house they are building with it, although they think they are selling the bad lumber to someone else.

Therefore, we can see it as a process. This is how God seperates the believers from the unbelievers.
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
and "As ye judge, so shall ye be judged"

So yes, as gnat has said. We can watch this happen and know what it is. It is only a test. The Divine Sifter is at work, and the kids are in the mud.

"He seeth peace in war..."