Abdu'l Baha's journeys to the West

Aug 2014
New Zealand
Hi friends, I have been a Baha'i for 26 years but only recently been in a position to become active. Unfortunately my activity is limited now because of health but I am at last near a lovely small community in the Far North of New Zealand. Just lately been studying the Covenant with a very inspired teacher. I love it. However, I've been asked to try to discover the names of the 40 cities Abdu'l Baha visited. Can anyone help?
I shall look forward to hearing from some of you.

Oct 2013
Glenwood, Queensland, Australia
Good morning Jean

A most warm welcome to the forums here. And likewise, a welcome from just across that watery border between your home and mine, about 3 hours north of Brisbane in sunny Queensland, Australia.

Hi friends, I have been a Baha'i for 26 years but only recently been in a position to become active. Unfortunately my activity is limited now because of health but I am at last near a lovely small community in the Far North of New Zealand. Just lately been studying the Covenant with a very inspired teacher. I love it. However, I've been asked to try to discover the names of the 40 cities Abdu'l Baha visited. Can anyone help?
I shall look forward to hearing from some of you.
Perhaps this link may help answer your need :)

http://www.miscellanie.com/allthetexts/abdulbaha/pup/s473.html

With my most warm greetings

Romane

Last edited:
Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
Hello Jean = Greetings also from across the water from Far North Queensland.

Let us know if you need more help than the link provided by Romane

God Bless and Regards Tony

Aug 2010
New Zealand mainly
Greetings Jean,
I cannot help with a list of cities (but I am sure it was very many), but I have just started a project to translate Abdu'l-Baha's talks from the Persian notes. I am blogging them on "Abdu'l-Baha speaks"

You might also like to look at "Abdu'l-Baha by Lake Geneva" on my Bahai studies blog.

Sonja and I are getting close to retirement, and hoping to settle somewhere in the Far North. I hope we get to meet sometime

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
Hi Jean, also a little across the water from you in Chile, we Aussies have you surrounded, ha ha.

I am sure Romane has given you a good link, just wished to say welcome.

Aug 2014
New Zealand
Thanks for the welcome friends.

The link was certainly interesting Romane but it isn't a list of the 40 cities Ruhi book 8 mentions and I didn't see anything else - just venues mostly in people's homes in New York

Aug 2014
New Zealand
Thanks Romane - interesting but not quite what I wanted. The venues were mostly in New York .

Aug 2014
New Zealand
Thanks for the links Sen I'll look at them later. Maybe we'll meet in NZ. It is certainly lovely here in the Far North.

Aug 2014
New Zealand
Thanks Tony, yes I still need more info regarding the 40 cities visited by Abdu'l Baha. How he ever managed such a feat is absolutely mind boggling - especially as he wasn't very well. Lovely to meet all of you. How do you stand the heat up there Tony? I've visited Australia but only in Winter or Spring and it was too hot for me. You'd be freezing here I'd imagine.