Accused of proselytizing

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
I have been blocked from posting on Religious Forums because they accused me of proselytizing. Of course, nobody else can know what happened or help me because I cannot post anything, not even in a Conversation. Meanwhile, all the other Baha'is can post and they do not post any differently from me. All I do is answer questions and rarely start a new thread, but it is never about the Bahai Faith.

Why I think this happened is that certain staff are threatened by me and the Baha'i Faith and so they just looked for something they could call proselytizing. Maybe I should just not care about this forum and move on to another forum or do something else with my life, but forums have been my whole life for seven years and I do not know what to do now. ALL IO care about is teaching the Faith and I never proselytize. People actually ask me to convince them that the Baha'i Faith is true and I tell them that is not my job because we all have to do an independent investigation of truth and I also tell them that Baha'u'llah wrote that the faith of no man can be conditioned by anyone except himself.

I have to wonder why the other Baha'is would continue to post on a forum who treats other Baha'is like this. Is this what we are supposed to do? I thought we were supposed to work together and support each other.

I always admit when something is my fault and take blame even when I am not to blame, but in this case I know what happened was totally unjust. I can post the posts they considered proselytizing on this forum and then you will understand that they were not proselytizing in any shape or form. What happened to me was totally unjust. The most important teaching is Baha'u'llah was justice. I should not even want to post on a forum that is so unjust. Is something wrong with me?

Maybe I should look for another forum to post on. I have my own forum on Delphi, so maybe I should try to get that forum back up and running like it was before I branched off to Religious Forums.

Tony, if you see Adrian or Loverofhumanity maybe you can tell them what happened. I cannot even post to them in a Conversation. It is like I have been put in solitary confinement and I did not even commit any crime.

Last edited:
Jul 2017
Kettering, Ohio USA
I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't know they blocked anyone at religious forums.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't know they blocked anyone at religious forums.
All they need is 3 staff members of the 30 staff they have on RF to agree and then they can ding you for proselytizing. After so many offenses they restrict your account so you cannot post anything. There is nothing you can do about it, it is not a democracy.

Nothing I did could possibly be construed as proselytizing. I was just answering questions. One of the staff baited me by asking me questions and then he dinged me for proselytizing. That forum is totally unjust.

Mar 2015
Bend area, Oregon
Trailblazer,

Does the blockage also prevent you from private messaging someone on that forum whom you believe may be open enough to assist you with better understanding of what it is about your communications that has been determined as your proselytization(s)?

LR

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Trailblazer,

Does the blockage also prevent you from private messaging someone on that forum whom you believe may be open enough to assist you with better understanding of what it is about your communications that has been determined as your proselytization(s)?

LR
The blockage prevents all communication including private messaging (what they call Conversations).

The only place I can post is on Site Feedback which is where the staff can post and discuss moderation issues with each individual.
I have asked the staff to explain what they considered proselytizing in my posts. One of the staff quoted part of my post. It was just my opinion of Christian doctrines, not proselytizing in any manner shape or forum, although I could have been a little more tactful and I admitted that. But the staff member did not even acknowledge me. The other staff member is some kind of Hindu and he, like many of the Hindus on the forum, very much dislikes the Baha'i Faith. I asked him how I broke Rule 8 (the proselytizing rule) but he ignored me. That is the answer. When people ignore people they have accused that means they have no answer and they know they were wrong. He baited me by asking me questions and then when I answered he dinged my post as proselytizing, knowing that would put a block on my account. That is wholly unjust.

There is no justice on that forum, and I cannot post on a forum where there is no justice and no way to get any justice.

On that forum there are a lot of posters who continually post anti-Baha'i rhetoric, even calumny, but nobody ever blocks them. They just continue to post, day and night. I think the reason they allow Baha'is on that forum is so they will have fuel for the fire that keeps the attacks coming. I have decided I do not think this is good for the Faith, all it does is cast aspersions upon the Faith because most people believe the anti-Baha'i rhetoric, not the Baha'i responses. In the entire two years I have been on that forum, nobody has been seriously interested in the Baha'i Faith and I have spent all my free time posting on that forum which has hundreds of posters.

The problem is I feel like I have to teach the Faith and I cannot do it through the Baha'i community, I have to do it online, at least at this time in my life. So I have decided to go back to Delphi Forums where I can post freely and get to know people on a more personal basis. If they are seekers they will emerge as such; if not, at least I tried.

It is so sad that the Baha'i Faith is not growing and so many people have never even heard about it. I just do not understand why, especially in the United States, so many people have never even heard of the Faith. I know one reason it is not growing is because people have not heard of it but of the people who have heard of it the reason it is not growing is because of the older religions. People of the older religions are emotionally attached and mentally entrenched in their religions and they believe their religion is the only true religion. As long as that is the case there is no chance that the Baha'i Faith will ever grow. This is based upon logic and psychology. I do not know why more Baha'is cannot understand this. Maybe it is because Baha'is do not have a lot of contact with other religious people. But what I am saying has become clear as day to me since I have been on forums posting to other religious people (mostly Christians but also Jews) for seven years for every hour of my free time.

I was just reminded of a post I wrote about a month ago to post here entitled "Why are Baha’is enjoined to teach the Faith?" I think I will post it now, even though there does not seem to be anyone here.

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
I have been thrown out 3 times and this time I think it is time to go of my own free will.

Most Subjects are now pursued by the same people bringing up the same toxic subjects and I see that our past responses have added to the quandary we now face on that forum. Baha'u'llah said leave people to themselves when they have rejected the Message, many times, be it good intent or not, we did not do that and thus the accusations started. It is not thet they do not also see what they do is much the same, but we are told not to get into those situations where the Faith becomes misrepresented because we offered too much.

You can respond to the ban and it will tell you how to do it. You have to post a reply to the link provided.

So count it as a blessing and a lesson :) I was just about to offer a goodbye for a while there.

Regards Tony

Sep 2010
Tony, if you see Adrian or Loverofhumanity maybe you can tell them what happened. I cannot even post to them in a Conversation. It is like I have been put in solitary confinement and I did not even commit any crime.
Do not worry Trailblazer, will do - David (Loverofhumanity) suggested we move on today and I agree it may be time. Adrian is doing Ok and we should leave Him to that forum. We may not have the personalities to continue there. ;)

You can respond, in your reply they would have given you options. I have been kicked out 3 times, but constant replies to the Admin must have been seen by others that reinstated.

Regards Tony

Sep 2010
An important note here is that not everyone sees proselytizing as explained by Baha'u'llah. On other forums it can be hit and miss, depending on who is the moderator and their idea as to what it means.

Regards Tony