Accused of proselytizing

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
I have been thrown out 3 times and this time I think it is time to go of my own free will.
It is hard to believe that you got banned for proselytizing and I cannot see any other rule you could have broken. That forum is totally unjust and prejudicial against the Baha'i Faith, I finally realized it. I kind of blew it off until I finally hit the limit of posts that they say broke Rule 8 and after that I could not get on the forum even to post a Conversation. That is SO unjust and controlling. On Delphi Forums when you get banned from a forum you can still send private messages to anyone you want to to keep in touch and tell them what happened. On RF they block that and it does not take a PhD in psychology to figure out why. :rolleyes: They know you might complain to your friends and word might get around... It is an unjust system and I do not tolerate injustice once I recognize it.

I mean gimmie a break... What kind of court could convict on a 10% vote.... Only three staff members of 30 have to agree a post is breaking Rule 8 and then you get a note saying you broke Rule 8, but with NO explanation why they thought you broke it. What kind of a court of law could ever operate like that?
Most Subjects are now pursued by the same people bringing up the same toxic subjects and I see that our past responses have added to the quandary we now face on that forum. Baha'u'llah said leave people to themselves when they have rejected the Message, many times, be it good intent or not, we did not do that and thus the accusations started. It is not thet they do not also see what they do is much the same, but we are told not to get into those situations where the Faith becomes misrepresented because we offered too much.
I think what is happening on that forum is that the Baha'is are doing more harm than good, at least in the Religious Debates forum. As long as the staff allows the anti-Baha'i rhetoric to be spewed out day and night, many people are going to believe it. Feeding the animals only makes them more fierce and it keeps them going.

Of course not posting to them is not really a solution because they can still start their own anti-Baha'i threads. What kind of a forum allows that? Not one I want to be on anymore. Often it is only when we step back and get away from it that we see where we have been. :(

One of my Rule 8 infractions was because of what I said about Christianity and doctrines I do not agree with. I was a little too bold, but it was nothing like what those anti-Baha'i posters say about Baha'u'llah and the Baha'i Faith, yet I have not seen one of them banned... This is wholly unjust.

My other Rule 8 infraction that put me over the top was because I answered questions that the staff member asked me... How is that proselytizing? He baited me.
You can respond to the ban and it will tell you how to do it. You have to post a reply to the link provided.
Yes, I tried that already and one staff member was very nice but the other two were facetious and insulting and when I called one of them out asking exactly what I did, he could not answer me so he ignored me... Enough is enough. I am not going to grovel to get on that forum.
So count it as a blessing and a lesson :) I was just about to offer a goodbye for a while there.
After I got over feeling betrayed and hurt I did see it as a blessing and of course I immediately scouted out new territory.... What, do those people think they are the only religious forum Baha'is can post on on the internet? Lol. Nobody tells me what my motives are, which is essentially what they are doing when they say I am proselytizing. When I see injustice I pack my bags and move on. I am sure Baha'u'llah would do the same. :)

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Do not worry Trailblazer, will do - David (Loverofhumanity) suggested we move on today and I agree it may be time. Adrian is doing Ok and we should leave Him to that forum. We may not have the personalities to continue there. ;)
If Adrian likes talking about the older religions that is the place for him to be. I don't like studying them or talking about them because I do not have the time.
I really miss David and his posts and your posts but once I leave a forum I cut all ties and I do not even read on it anymore. But if you two won't be posting there I won't be missing anything. :)
You can respond, in your reply they would have given you options. I have been kicked out 3 times, but constant replies to the Admin must have been seen by others that reinstated.
I suppose if I posted more on Site Feedback I could gte back on, but as I said, I do not want to be on a forum that is (a) unjust and where (b) I am not wanted by many people. It only takes a few people to spoil it for everyone and they hide behind a facade. What they do not like about me is that I am open and honest. So I will find a place to post where that is welcomed and appreciated.

Honestly, the reason I stayed on RF for so long is because I saw it as my duty to Baha'u'llah but now that this happened I take it as the Will of God that it is no longer my duty to be there.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
An important note here is that not everyone sees proselytizing as explained by Baha'u'llah. On other forums it can be hit and miss, depending on who is the moderator and their idea as to what it means.

Regards Tony
Frankly, I do not care how they see it. Once I have told someone I am not proselytizing I expect to be beleived, and if they continue to insist I am that is the same as calling me a liar or a person who us not self-aware. Either way, that is unacceptable. I have ZERO interest in converting anyone and that is the truth so help me God.

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
It is hard to believe that you got banned for proselytizing and I cannot see any other rule you could have broken. That forum is totally unjust and prejudicial against the Baha'i Faith, I finally realized it. I kind of blew it off until I finally hit the limit of posts that they say broke Rule 8 and after that I could not get on the forum even to post a Conversation. That is SO unjust and controlling. On Delphi Forums when you get banned from a forum you can still send private messages to anyone you want to to keep in touch and tell them what happened. On RF they block that and it does not take a PhD in psychology to figure out why. :rolleyes: They know you might complain to your friends and word might get around... It is an unjust system and I do not tolerate injustice once I recognize it.

I mean gimmie a break... What kind of court could convict on a 10% vote.... Only three staff members of 30 have to agree a post is breaking Rule 8 and then you get a note saying you broke Rule 8, but with NO explanation why they thought you broke it. What kind of a court of law could ever operate like that?

I think what is happening on that forum is that the Baha'is are doing more harm than good, at least in the Religious Debates forum. As long as the staff allows the anti-Baha'i rhetoric to be spewed out day and night, many people are going to believe it. Feeding the animals only makes them more fierce and it keeps them going.

Of course not posting to them is not really a solution because they can still start their own anti-Baha'i threads. What kind of a forum allows that? Not one I want to be on anymore. Often it is only when we step back and get away from it that we see where we have been. :(

One of my Rule 8 infractions was because of what I said about Christianity and doctrines I do not agree with. I was a little too bold, but it was nothing like what those anti-Baha'i posters say about Baha'u'llah and the Baha'i Faith, yet I have not seen one of them banned... This is wholly unjust.

My other Rule 8 infraction that put me over the top was because I answered questions that the staff member asked me... How is that proselytizing? He baited me.

Yes, I tried that already and one staff member was very nice but the other two were facetious and insulting and when I called one of them out asking exactly what I did, he could not answer me so he ignored me... Enough is enough. I am not going to grovel to get on that forum.

After I got over feeling betrayed and hurt I did see it as a blessing and of course I immediately scouted out new territory.... What, do those people think they are the only religious forum Baha'is can post on on the internet? Lol. Nobody tells me what my motives are, which is essentially what they are doing when they say I am proselytizing. When I see injustice I pack my bags and move on. I am sure Baha'u'llah would do the same. :)
Good to hear from you Susan. For me RF has been a good way for me to change my own self. I see I needed to change how and why I offer what Baha'u'llah has taught.

I am still there in RF, still considering how and why I will post a reply. David as well, David has such a great and loving heart.

In an open forum it will never be easy, as a conversation with a person asking a question, can be visited by anybody. Thus rule 8 on RF aids that. What the moderators are saying is that you have to offer your reply as your opinion and keep the quotes and links to a minimum.

I also see we have to care about all past Messengers and bring out the Light they have all taught. As you would have read, be a Lover of the Light, no matter from where it shines.

Stay strong Susan, use it as a way to grow in one's own self. We now live in a time when we will face a lot of this and it is how we react to these moments, that will be seen and judged by others. Sometimes that is the purpose.

Regards Tony

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
Honestly, the reason I stayed on RF for so long is because I saw it as my duty to Baha'u'llah but now that this happened I take it as the Will of God that it is no longer my duty to be there.
Personally I see that the Message of Baha'u'llah is a personal journey. When we accept that journey the Message is a gift to us to enable us to change.

As we partake of that journey we interact with other like minded souls and build communities. The personal journey requires this interaction, as it allows us to grow as a person that is truly one with humamity and one with God.

Abdul'baha always offered the nourishment that a Seeker needed. We have to find that wisdom. To give meat when milk was required ends up being what happened on RF. At the same time, on an open forum, you can give meat to one who needs it, only to have others partake of it that were not ready.

So when they suffer because of what they ate, do we give the more of the same? Have we learned from the reply what to offer them instead?

That is what I am working on.

Regards Tony

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Good to hear from you Susan. For me RF has been a good way for me to change my own self. I see I needed to change how and why I offer what Baha'u'llah has taught.

I am still there in RF, still considering how and why I will post a reply. David as well, David has such a great and loving heart.

In an open forum it will never be easy, as a conversation with a person asking a question, can be visited by anybody. Thus rule 8 on RF aids that. What the moderators are saying is that you have to offer your reply as your opinion and keep the quotes and links to a minimum.

I also see we have to care about all past Messengers and bring out the Light they have all taught. As you would have read, be a Lover of the Light, no matter from where it shines.

Stay strong Susan, use it as a way to grow in one's own self. We now live in a time when we will face a lot of this and it is how we react to these moments, that will be seen and judged by others. Sometimes that is the purpose.

Regards Tony
We all do view life differently because we all come from different backgrounds and life experiences. That is why it is good to share ideas and experiences, although we will still retain our own personalities.

I am the kind of person who calls things out and stands up for injustices. I consider RF an unjust forum because of the way they operate. I always offered my opinions even when I posted long quotes but even after I stopped posting long quotes they found a way to ding me. I think they were gunning for me and they succeeded in doing what they set out to do.

I have already found another religious forum to post on where they disallow any religion being trashed the way the Baha'i Faith is trashed on RF. I also have my own forum on Delphi and another Delphi forum I just started posting on again after many years being away. I consider it my duty to take the message of Baha'u'llah to humanity but I never proselytize so I will not tolerate being accused of that. I do not care how they see it, they cannot read my heart and mind. Only I know it although God knows it better than me.

I agree we have to care about all the Messengers of the past, but we do not have to care about the religions of man that were created in their names.

Reactions: tonyfish58
Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Personally I see that the Message of Baha'u'llah is a personal journey. When we accept that journey the Message is a gift to us to enable us to change.

As we partake of that journey we interact with other like minded souls and build communities. The personal journey requires this interaction, as it allows us to grow as a person that is truly one with humamity and one with God.

Abdul'baha always offered the nourishment that a Seeker needed. We have to find that wisdom. To give meat when milk was required ends up being what happened on RF. At the same time, on an open forum, you can give meat to one who needs it, only to have others partake of it that were not ready.

So when they suffer because of what they ate, do we give the more of the same? Have we learned from the reply what to offer them instead?

That is what I am working on.

Regards Tony
Yes, I agree that it is a personal journey and I have learned a lot about myself and grown spiritually as the result of interactions on forums.
Of course the same thing happens in real life, but right now I prefer to interact from the comfort of home. :)

Reactions: tonyfish58