all the heavens and the earth arise against thee.

mat

Aug 2012
canada
dear friends, :)

i always wondered what heaven signifies in tablet of Ahmad "all the heavens and the earth ARISE against thee."

From dictionary: Arise - take part in a rebellion; renounce a former allegiance

Does it mean test from God? what kind? or
Does it mean heavenly ppl, if believers of BAB do not assist Ahmad?????
He does not get conformation from God?

any clue? tx
mat:)

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
Dear Mat, I wait for wiser heads than mine to answer your question.

But I see the same thread here:-

LXXI. Be not dismayed, O peoples of the world, when the day star of My beauty is set, and the heaven of My tabernacle is concealed from your eyes. Arise to further My Cause, and to exalt My Word amongst men. We are with you at all times, and shall strengthen you through the power of truth. We are truly almighty. Whoso hath recognized Me, will arise and serve Me with such determination that the powers of earth and heaven shall be unable to defeat his purpose.

Baha'u'llah : Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah

I have added emphasis in bold.

mat

Aug 2012
canada
hey blinkey, whats going on:)

Heaven arising probably means not getting support from the believers. or maybe severe tests from God (heaven)... i'll research abdulbaha's writing for further info.

tx

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland

Heaven arising probably means not getting support from the believers. or maybe severe tests from God (heaven)... i'll research abdulbaha's writing for further info.

tx
Good Question :yes: They are good thoughts to start with!

I have never thought about as what that section means, it is just that the preceding verse is the key for me;

"And be thou so steadfast in My love that thy heart shall not waver, even if the swords of the enemies rain blows upon thee"....

Ill continue with the thoughts - Could the Heavens be the Old Faiths and Could the Earth be the followers?

Maybe there is another Tablet somewhere that will give us the Heads up? :happy:

Regards Tony

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile

tx
Dear mat, I must say that I have thought that it is tests from the believers as you put it.
But not being or feeling sure I was loath to comment.

mat

Aug 2012
canada
tony nice to see u. :happy:

blinkey, i found one article from:

http://bahai-library.com/wttp/PDF/Ahmad%20-%20The%20Flame%20of%20Fire.pdf

"...and be thou so steadfast in My love that thy heart shall not

waver, even if the swords of the enemies rain blows upon thee,

and all the heavens and the earth arise against thee." It means

a believer can reach to such heights of certitude and faith that

when facing martyrdom his heart shall not waver. That is the stage

of absolute sincerity which is achieved only by truly recognizing

the station of Baha'u'llah.

I havent read the whole article, but i am sure it must be very interesting.

Aug 2010
New Zealand mainly
"all that is in the heavens and the earth" is a fancy way of saying "every created thing" -- including unseen beings such as the jinn. A variant (especially in the Writings of the Bab) is "all that is in the heavens and the earth, and what lies between them."

mat

Aug 2012
canada
i see what you mean... like saying even if everybody is against thee.....be steadfast. :yes::yes:

jinn is just evil ppl..

"Regarding your question as to the meaning of Jin or Genii referred to in the Qur'an, these are not beings or creatures that are actually living, but are symbolic references to the power of men of evil and may be likened to evil spirits. But the point to bear in mind is that these have no positive existence of any kind."

(From a letter written on behalf of the Guardian to an individual believer, June 26, 1936: Bahá'í News, No. 105, p. 1, February 1937)