Allah'u'Abha from FNQ Australia

Sep 2010
Earth
Hi all - I became a Baha'i in 1984 and have lived in various parts of Australia. Have been sitting on the sidelines for many a year :blink

I have read with interest a few of the posts. It seems that there are some persistent posters from the Christian background. I sometimes wonder if it is worth pursing these types of posts as the intent of the poster is not to search for truth but to post the error of our ways.

But then I said, at least within the answers are posted the original Text and when you have original Text you have pure light. So hopefully the person trying to show us the error of our ways may accidentally guide a searching soul to a truth that they themselves will not look at without prejudice. :cool

So here I am and hopefully some meaningful discussion will be the result, sometimes I rant as well :D

Allah'u'Abha to all out there - Tony

Hi all - I became a Baha'i in 1984 and have lived in various parts of Australia. Have been sitting on the sidelines for many a year :blink

I have read with interest a few of the posts. It seems that there are some persistent posters from the Christian background. I sometimes wonder if it is worth pursing these types of posts as the intent of the poster is not to search for truth but to post the error of our ways.

But then I said, at least within the answers are posted the original Text and when you have original Text you have pure light. So hopefully the person trying to show us the error of our ways may accidentally guide a searching soul to a truth that they themselves will not look at without prejudice. :cool

So here I am and hopefully some meaningful discussion will be the result, sometimes I rant as well :D

Allah'u'Abha to all out there - Tony
Allah'u'Abha Tony and a sincere welcome!
'Sitting on the sidelines' does not seem to have dulled your perceptions regarding our persistent poster. I came to the same conclusion that they are not worthy of response but that they do serve a purpose in demonstrating how one's pride in their imagined superiority of logical reasoning and can actually blind them from spiritual truth and reality while simultaneously lighting the way for the sincere seekers. Go figure! (and thank you God)

Personally, I'm a firm believer in the value of the good healthy 'rant' when properly administered.
I think of it as a kind of spiritual high colonic - it can be very cleansing really .... don't you think?:blink

Aug 2010
earth
I'm not sure of the spiritual value of a "rant", but it might be nice if it were possible to have some kind of mini forum-within-a-forum where you could occasionally pm and conference and mutually pep talk with a small group of fellow forum members who are pleasant and good-natured.

56. O MY SON!
The company of the ungodly increaseth sorrow, whilst fellowship with the righteous cleanseth the rust from off the heart. He that seeketh to commune with God, let him betake himself to the companionship of His loved ones; and he that desireth to hearken unto the word of God, let him give ear to the words of His chosen ones.

58. O SON OF MY HANDMAID!
Wouldst thou seek the grace of the Holy Spirit, enter into fellowship with the righteous, for he hath drunk the cup of eternal life at the hands of the immortal Cup-bearer and even as the true morn doth quicken and illumine the hearts of the dead.

Aug 2010
earth
Allah'u'Abha Tony and a sincere welcome! Personally, I'm a firm believer in the value of the good healthy ...
I know what I need as a pick-me-up. Part 4 of "Commemorating the Master". Pretty please, Penny, radiate a little 'Abdu'l-Baha Youtubeness on me to sweeten and lighten on my soul. :)

Sep 2010
Earth
Thanks for the welcome wine of astonishment, bwb & arthra

We better keep the rants to a minimum :D

Let the research begin. I used to be able to find quite quickly in the books the quote I was after, I noticed, that since I have been a bit slack, that that task takes a bit longer than usual :lol

Cheers Tony

Aug 2010
earth
G'day, mate!

I found out where FNQ is:
Far North Queensland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, is that within walking distance of the Baha'i House of Worship? (duh)
So, do they have television in FNQ? Is it any good?
It's pretty hard to find any Australian TV shows that can be downloaded from the internet, so I don't really know if I'm missing anything.
Do you wear toothpaste behind your ears to keep the drop bears away?
Do crocodiles really crawl out of the toilet and eat people?

Aug 2010
earth
An Australian word that I learned from watching "H2O just add water":
Whinge
–verb (used without object),whinged, whing·ing. Australian Informal.
to complain; whine.

So if "Whine of astonishment" ever moves to Australia, she would have to change her forum name to .... :)

Sorry, my brain is fried, I'd better get some sleep and stop posting. :blink

Last edited:
Sep 2010
Earth
G'day, mate!

I found out where FNQ is:
Far North Queensland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, is that within walking distance of the Baha'i House of Worship? (duh)
So, do they have television in FNQ? Is it any good?
It's pretty hard to find any Australian TV shows that can be downloaded from the internet, so I don't really know if I'm missing anything.
Do you wear toothpaste behind your ears to keep the drop bears away?
Do crocodiles really crawl out of the toilet and eat people?
1) So, is that within walking distance of the Baha'i House of Worship? (duh) - If you like a long walk I could do it in 4 10hr driving days :lol

2)So, do they have television in FNQ? Is it any good? - Yes and no - 4 Stations all no ggod :dry

3) Do you wear toothpaste behind your ears to keep the drop bears away? - Yes that's what we tell the tourists or American forces :D

4) Do crocodiles really crawl out of the toilet and eat people? - Not out of the toilet but they rip you out of your tent at night :(

I thought the abbreviation would have a few guessing - well done on finding it & Cheers :cool

Sep 2010
Earth
An Australian word that I learned from watching "H2O just add water":
Whinge
–verb (used without object),whinged, whing·ing. British and Australian Informal.
to complain; whine.

So if "Whine of astonishment" ever moves to Australia, she would have to change her forum name to .... :)

Sorry, my brain is fried, I'd better get some sleep and stop posting. :blink

In Australia we say its whinging Poms - Never new us Aussies were whingers:cool

Similiar Baha'i Discussions Forum Date
New Users
New Users
New Users
New Users