an audacious proposal: Baha'i Space.

Mar 2013
_
This will seem flippant, and frankly I do not think there is any way in the immediate future to accomplish it, but a seed has to get planted somewhere.

Ronald McNair was the first Baha'i to visit space, and he died bravely on the way to return there bringing a teacher. He believed the risks were worthwhile. I do not think he should be the last to visit. Recent developments, as well as assurances according to our faith that new power sources will be developed, and that every planet has creatures, causes me to believe that this is the time to begin planning a Baha'i presence in the inevitable human colonization of the endless frontier.

A system with unlimited resources, unlimited energy and room for all, if we have the will power and the time. This is the era of Baha'u'llah. Why should the followers be a limited few in all areas? We could be the ones welcoming our fellow members of humanity. I do not think that among the few words written on the moon are "We came in peace for all mankind" are by accident.

I realize that this rather vague. I do not know if this would take the form of a small orbital colony, or life on some moon or planetary body. Initially it would only take the form of pooling expertise. It would also have to be handled legally. Certainly, if reality, it would be dangerous and incredibly difficult. But then, that is pioneering.

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
if it was possible for all to book a sit in one spacecraft and travel to space i would have gone by now, undoubtedly even if I had to spend my whole life in a lonely planet among stars... :) lucky those who will born centuries from now , maybe they have the opportunity to go :)

Nov 2012
Florida
if it was possible for all to book a sit in one spacecraft and travel to space i would have gone by now, undoubtedly even if I had to spend my whole life in a lonely planet among stars... :) lucky those who will born centuries from now , maybe they have the opportunity to go :)
We are missing out on so many things that future ages will wonder how we did without! I wonder what they are. A common lament of future generations might be that they weren't alive when we are, because we are alive right in the middle of all the action.

Pretty cool. :yes:

Dec 2013
Little Rock, Ar
There's a one way Mars mission in the works right now. Several, actually. I thought about signing up for Mars One, which was open to all applicants, but never did. I really hope there are other Bahá'ís that went through.

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
get you heads together then - invent this

All possible, just figure out how Magnetism can be used for this.

Magnetism will be the driving force of the next Energy source IMHO

O servant of Bahá! Be self-sacrificing in the path of God, and wing thy flight unto the heavens of the love of the Abhá Beauty, for any movement animated by love moveth from the periphery to the centre, from space to the Day-Star of the universe. Perchance thou deemest this to be difficult, but I tell thee that such cannot be the case, for when the motivating and guiding power is the divine force of magnetism it is possible, by its aid, to traverse time and space easily and swiftly. Glory be upon the people of Bahá

COULD BE THE TRANSLATION THOUGH ;)

God bless and regards Tony

Mar 2013
_
All possible, just figure out how Magnetism can be used for this.

Magnetism will be the driving force of the next Energy source IMHO

O servant of Bahá! Be self-sacrificing in the path of God, and wing thy flight unto the heavens of the love of the Abhá Beauty, for any movement animated by love moveth from the periphery to the centre, from space to the Day-Star of the universe. Perchance thou deemest this to be difficult, but I tell thee that such cannot be the case, for when the motivating and guiding power is the divine force of magnetism it is possible, by its aid, to traverse time and space easily and swiftly. Glory be upon the people of Bahá

COULD BE THE TRANSLATION THOUGH ;)

God bless and regards Tony

here you go: Evaluating NASA’s Futuristic EM Drive | NASASpaceFlight.com

Apr 2011
Hyrule
Shouldn't we complete our task on this planet first?
Yes. I don't think it's as simple as let's finish the task on Earth first because . . .

Aren't there activities in space to help accomplish "our task" on Earth first?