an audacious proposal: Baha'i Space.

May 2013
forest falls california
Most Great Peace Train

What if one helps accomplish the other?
Yeah, but until we accomplish the Most Great Peace, we ain't gonna be much good the folks on the next star system out there. They've got to do their own Most Great Peace thing, too, before we start knockin' on each other's doors...

Apr 2011
Hyrule
Yeah, but until we accomplish the Most Great Peace, we ain't gonna be much good the folks on the next star system out there. They've got to do their own Most Great Peace thing, too, before we start knockin' on each other's doors...
There's more to do in space besides saying hello to ET.

:noob:

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
There's a one way Mars mission in the works right now. Several, actually. I thought about signing up for Mars One, which was open to all applicants, but never did. I really hope there are other Bahá'ís that went through.
yes, I too read about that mission (which is going to lunch to space at 2025 I think) and i wanted to take part but my parents didn't let me because as you know that is only a one way trip, people have to stay there forever :) if I had the means to go to that country to receive enough teachings and then if my parents had no problems with it, for sure I would have done it .

Oct 2014
Stockholm
There's a one way Mars mission in the works right now.
A one way Mars mission! That sounds a lot like the one way Australia missions that the British used to offer some of their citizens more than a hundred years ago, the difference being that the participants were given those tickets free of charge. No way that I would accept such an offer without a life-long guarantee that there will always be decent espresso available.

gnat

Mar 2013
_
If we are involved in any way in achieving peace I cannot see how anything we are doing right now is leading to that. Perhaps I am wrong. Maybe a millenia from now students will learn how Ruhi changed the world and brought about the begnning of a new civilization, while they look out their windows watching pigs fly. I don't know what it will be, but it seems the vigor and sheer forward thinking of the early days, from the accounts, I have read, has kind laxed into a late spring doldrum. I have no doubt that humanity is on the verge of moving beyond its traditional confines. I also have no doubt that we should be part of that.

In any case I am not talking about crossing star systems or anything that is nearly impossible with current physics, but the doable within our lifetimes.

Oct 2014
Stockholm
If we are involved in any way in achieving peace I cannot see how anything we are doing right now is leading to that. Perhaps I am wrong. Maybe a millenia from now students will learn how Ruhi changed the world and brought about the begnning of a new civilization, while they look out their windows watching pigs fly. I don't know what it will be, but it seems the vigor and sheer forward thinking of the early days, from the accounts, I have read, has kind laxed into a late spring doldrum. I have no doubt that humanity is on the verge of moving beyond its traditional confines. I also have no doubt that we should be part of that.
And you are not alone feeling that way.

gnat

Aug 2014
Blue Planet

In any case I am not talking about crossing star systems or anything that is nearly impossible with current physics, but the doable within our lifetimes.
yes, i feel the same...

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
Dear Friends Rhui is an important part of the process of entry by troops and is but one tool to assist. Where used in dedication and earnest forntje cause, it is working

If one feels that we are not doing any thing to bring about the new world order, then maybe we are not!

Service is the key, are we as busy as Abdul'baha? Are we doing as Abdul'baha did? Are we helping the people we are asked to help? Do the service to which Rhui is but one very little part, then one can be assured they are indeed helping in some little way.

All service and all prayer helps, key is how much of self can we let go so it flows in abundance!

God bless and regards Tony

Last edited:
Oct 2014
Stockholm
Service is the key, are we as busy as Abdul'baha? Are we doing as Abdul'baha did? Are we helping the people we are asked to help? Do the service to which Rhui is but one very little part, then one can be assured they are indeed helping in some little way.
Indeed, you're a wise fish....:)

gnat

Last edited: