an audacious proposal: Baha'i Space.

Mar 2013
_
So there is a tech billionaire who owns a large space corporation that says he is intent on getting a colony with upwards of a million humans living on mars within a hundred years.

Let's say hypothetically some are Baha'i.. odd question but where do they pray towards for the qiblih?

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
So there is a tech billionaire who owns a large space corporation that says he is intent on getting a colony with upwards of a million humans living on mars within a hundred years.

Let's say hypothetically some are Baha'i.. odd question but where do they pray towards for the qiblih?
hahahaa :D such a question!!!
Muslims sometimes jokingly ask the same question about going to other planets also another question is if a Muslims goes on top of the House of Mekka, then towards which direction then have to pray?

Mar 2013
_
I suppose that is a complicated issue. Sadly the only Baha'i I can think of, who would have dealt with the issue, Ronald McNair, died aboard shuttle Challenger.

Jun 2015
This will seem flippant, and frankly I do not think there is any way in the immediate future to accomplish it, but a seed has to get planted somewhere.

Ronald McNair was the first Baha'i to visit space, and he died bravely on the way to return there bringing a teacher. He believed the risks were worthwhile. I do not think he should be the last to visit. Recent developments, as well as assurances according to our faith that new power sources will be developed, and that every planet has creatures, causes me to believe that this is the time to begin planning a Baha'i presence in the inevitable human colonization of the endless frontier.

A system with unlimited resources, unlimited energy and room for all, if we have the will power and the time. This is the era of Baha'u'llah. Why should the followers be a limited few in all areas? We could be the ones welcoming our fellow members of humanity. I do not think that among the few words written on the moon are "We came in peace for all mankind" are by accident.

I realize that this rather vague. I do not know if this would take the form of a small orbital colony, or life on some moon or planetary body. Initially it would only take the form of pooling expertise. It would also have to be handled legally. Certainly, if reality, it would be dangerous and incredibly difficult. But then, that is pioneering.
And may the Schwartz be with you, Master Yoghurt :)