Apocalyptic Thoughts

Oct 2014
Stockholm
It is difficult not to be caught in Apocalyptic thoughts, when beginning to notice that the present virus pandemic seems to make people distance themselves even further from religion. It's fascinating, to put it mildly, to notice how people seem to turn away from that which unites and seek quick fixes that entail finding someone to blame.

Best,

from

gnat

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
Not to say panic buying is actually real. I thought it was only disaster movie mentality, then it turns out people fight over toilet paper after all.

May all be well and happy, Regards Tony

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
It is difficult not to be caught in Apocalyptic thoughts, when beginning to notice that the present virus pandemic seems to make people distance themselves even further from religion.
I have not noticed that, but I live in the United States.
But I only talk about religion on forums and the talk seems to be about the same there although it seems like there are less people posting since the pandemic.

Last edited:
Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
to notice how people seem to turn away from that which unites and seek quick fixes that entail finding someone to blame.
On one forum I post on which is mostly political many people are looking to blame Trump, but there are also a lot of people who have been receptive to the idea of the oneness of mankind, and they realize that we need to work together because of this pandemic. I use the Baha'iTeachings articles a lot to get threads started. Those articles are great.

Reactions: Lurcking
Nov 2012
Australia
I don't think its pushing people away from religion as such, I am involved with a lot of "new age" "spiritual" people on forums and on facebook and they are pretty much receptive to the idea that something is happening the world right now that can change the world for the better..

Here is a nice quote for us to reflect on:

"O thou servant of God! Do not grieve at the afflictions and calamities that have befallen thee. All calamities and afflictions have been created for man so that he may spurn this mortal world—a world to which he is much attached.

When he experienceth severe trials and hardships, then his nature will recoil and he will desire the eternal realm—a realm which is sanctified from all afflictions and calamities. Such is the case with the man who is wise.

He shall never drink from a cup which is at the end distasteful, but, on the contrary, he will seek the cup of pure and limpid water. He will not taste of the honey that is mixed with poison.

Praise thou God, that thou hast been tried and hast experienced such a test. Be patient and grateful. Turn thy face to the divine Kingdom and strive that thou mayest acquire merciful characteristics, mayest become illumined and acquire the attributes of the Kingdom and of the Lord.

Endeavour to become indifferent to the pleasures of this world and to its comfort, to remain firm and steadfast in the Covenant and to promulgate the Cause of God.
This is the cause of the exaltation of man, the cause of his glory and of his salvation."

Selections From the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Author: ‘Abdu’l-Bahá Source: Bahá’í World Centre, 1982 lightweight edition Pages: 320

Reactions: tonyfish58
Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
I don't think its pushing people away from religion as such, I am involved with a lot of "new age" "spiritual" people on forums and on facebook and they are pretty much receptive to the idea that something is happening the world right now that can change the world for the better..
That has also been my experience. There is so much opportunity for teaching the Faith right now. I avail myself of that opportunity.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
hahahah, i really do not get what's with the toilet papers - how is it gonna cure or not be infected by covid 19 virus?
Lol, that is not what they are buying it for, but exactly why they are buying more than they need is anyone's best guess..... Only God knows. ;)

In the midst of my sorrow, saw the funniest cartoon posted on another forum and it picked up my mood, if only for a moment, so I want to share it here...

1585192153763.png