Ayyam-i-Ha coming soon!

Jun 2006
California
Baha'is around the world celibrate four or five days (in a leap year) a year between roughly February 26th to March 1st. Parties and social events are held and gifts exchanged..this time year is a happy and joyous occasion. It preceeds the Nineteen Day Fast the last month of the Baha'i Year in which Baha'is over the age of fifteen fast from liquids and solid food between sunrise and sunset.

Jun 2006
California
Forwarding Newsletter from Planet Baha'i:

Editor's Notes

Ayyám-i-Há is fast approaching, so we wanted to send one of our rather infrequent newsletters to wish all of our friends out there joy and happiness during this very special celebration.

As you know, we have been building up our new publishing business, One Voice Press, over the past year. If you haven't seen our website, please visit us at One Voice Press.

Now is an excellent time to do so, because we happen to be holding our first annual Ayyám-i-Há sale right now. All our books are available at discount. Enough said.

Below you'll find a couple of our Ayyám-i-Há articles from past years to help you start your celebrations. And of course that's just the tip of the iceberg, since we have ten years of articles online. Have fun!

Feature Articles

How Not To Spend Ayyám-i-Há

For Bahá'ís Ayyám-i-Há is a time of joy and celebration, but like any other time of the year things can still go a bit awry. Then again, what would life be without a little adventure?

The Baha'i Faith: Ayyam-i-Ha

Happy Ayyám-i-Há!

Ayyám-i-Há is a special time for Bahá'ís, a season of love, charity and gift-giving. It's especially a time for families to come together. But who are our "family"? Just our relatives? Our brothers and sisters in faith? The poor? Everyone around the world? Yes!

Family and the Baha'i Celebration of Ayyam-i-Ha

Book Reviews
Legacy of Courage: The Life of Ola Pawlowska
The life of Ola Pawlowska, a Polish woman who arose to fulfill one of the goals of Shoghi Effendi's "Ten Year Crusade" is told by her daughter in Legacy of Courage. But this book is more than just biography. It's inspiration!

Baha'i Book Review: Legacy of Courage

Pathways to Transformation

The other day I came across a Bahá'í book which after an hour or so of perusing I realised I had a gem of usefulness in my hands. For years I had been looking for a replacement for Esselmont's Bahá'u'lláh and the New Era.

Pathways to Transformation (John Davidson )

Newsletter Information
We hope you find this newsletter useful and enjoyable. Please share it with your friends and family.

To subscribe, unsubscribe, or view past issues of our newsletter, please visit your Planet Baha'i Member Center.

If you have questions, comments, or suggestions, please let us know.

Thank you for joining us. See you next time!

Dale E. Lehman
Kathleen K. Lehman
Your Hosts at Planet Baha'i
Planet Baha'i

(c) 2012 Dale E. Lehman and Kathleen K. Lehman

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
I have no Plans this year for Ayyám-i-Há

Thanks for the reminder, will have to get motivated.

Regards Tony

Jun 2006
California
Special Mission for Ayyam-i-Ha!

Thanks for sharing that Armin!

Well since Ayyam-i-Ha started I've been to two Ayyam-i-Ha parties.. One at a local Baha'i Center and today a special family Ayyam-i-Ha! We still have some gifts to share in a few days at a Ruhi class... I have to say it's been great..

also.. I had a special mission this Ayyam-i-Ha to share it with a few Baha'is that are not so active as they are disabled.. I think it's a good idea to reach people who are normally not so active in the community so we asked for volunteers to reach them about two weeks ago. The lady I contacted was in a wheel chair outside her apartment and I hadn't seen her for about a year! She was happy to see me again and we talked about how things were going. So as Ayyam-i-Ha this year is for five days I think the time could be well spent making an effort reaching the friends!

:cool:

Sep 2010
Louisiana
impaired Baha'is

Thanks for sharing that Armin!

Well since Ayyam-i-Ha started I've been to two Ayyam-i-Ha parties.. One at a local Baha'i Center and today a special family Ayyam-i-Ha! We still have some gifts to share in a few days at a Ruhi class... I have to say it's been great..

also.. I had a special mission this Ayyam-i-Ha to share it with a few Baha'is that are not so active as they are disabled.. I think it's a good idea to reach people who are normally not so active in the community so we asked for volunteers to reach them about two weeks ago. The lady I contacted was in a wheel chair outside her apartment and I hadn't seen her for about a year! She was happy to see me again and we talked about how things were going. So as Ayyam-i-Ha this year is for five days I think the time could be well spent making an effort reaching the friends!

:cool:
For a Baha'i to be deprived of other Baha'is is a painful situation. I commend you highly for your effort and hope others will bear it in mind if the situation comes up. There is no other contact for me than that of being with a Baha'i. It is a comfort and confirmation that can come from no other source but a Baha'i. I have a treasured memory of being in PN for a few months in school and driving a good distance to give a prayer book to a isolated Baha'i in a nursing home that was even bedridden. Now that I recently prevented from driving I can tell you I have a better grasp of what that meant to her. Don't take your "ordinary" presence for granted when it comes to Baha'is who do not have access to simply other Baha'is, much less even activities.