North America Ayyam-i-Ha to start soon … February 26th!

Jun 2006
California
I thought it might be interesting if we shared what we are planning to do for Ayyam-i-Ha!

We have coming up an Ayyam-i-Ha party at a near-by Baha'i Center where will have singing Ayyam-i-Ha songs... a gift selection game. Each person participating brings a "gift" wrapped and leaves the gift on a central table.. Participants draw a number and each person selects a gift... You can also select an opened gift and then the former "owner" selects another gift, etc. We generally let the children keep their gifts. There's a "pot-luck"

My family has a separate Ayyam-i-Ha and it's usually a family reunion. There are eight Baha'is in our immediate family.

In our community we also try to visit members of our community that are for whatever reasons less active. We usually have a gift for them and socialize.

So what are your plans?

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
I have no plans for Ayyame Ha because I have no Bahai friends around me. But I am excited about it. I love fasting. and oh, I have one Baha'i friend, I may invite her one night to break our fast together and say some prayers.

Jun 2014
Wisconsin
By random happenstance, I need to go down to Chicago to for work tomorrow. By chance there is an Ayyam-i-Ha celebration at the Mashriqu'l-Adhkar at Wilmette that same evening. So I figure, since I need to drive down to the area that day anyways, I'll be able to attend the celebration after work is done. It'll be the first service I attend in a Baha'i building, as my own local community is too small to have its own physical building.

May 2018
New Zealand
"singing Ayyam-i-Ha songs... a gift selection game. Each person participating brings a "gift" wrapped and leaves the gift on a central table.. Participants draw a number and each person selects a gift... You can also select an opened gift and then the former "owner" selects another gift, etc. We generally let the children keep their gifts. There's a "pot-luck" dinner"

I have just attend an evening exactly like this here in New Zealand :upsidedown::upsidedown: it was a wonderful festive evening :party::)