Baha'i Beliefs - God, Religion, Human Beings

Jun 2014
Wisconsin
1) What sexist words?

2) Don't Baha'i pride themselves in the good things with Homo?
One good thing with Homo is its ability to make things happen, not sit around and wait for evolution.
So why wait?
Why not go modify the English language according the Baha'i model?

I myself am engineering a fully functional language, and while I speak only Swedish and English fluently (barely, I have some focus and speaking issues due to mental ailments), I possess a taste for languages in terms of essence and composition.

To create a new language from scratch is an insane amount of work and not recommended, it would not be logical because it would need people learn yet another language.

No matter how much you try, it will be impossible for everyone to speak the same language anyway.

If you go for an audible language, deaf will not understand you.
If you go for sign language, blind and amputees will have issues.
1) I think he means gendered words. His/her, he/she, etc.

2) Half of that is easy, getting rid of the gendered words by using the "singular they". The other half, removing silent letters from English would be hard. You'd need to re-write the rules of spelling, and turn English into a phonetic language. Or perhaps a fownetik languwaj.

English is a strange language, because everyone conquered the English back in the old days, and influenced the language with their own. Then the English in the less-old days made up for that by conquering everyone and forcing the butchered language upon everyone else. It'd probably be easier to just start with an already phonetic language (like German, I hear that language is phonetic) and remove its gendered words instead of trying to fix English by this point in time.

Jun 2017
California
Three core principles establish a basis for Bahá'í teachings and doctrine:

1. the unity of God
  2. the unity of religion
  3. the unity of humankind

From these postulates stems the belief that God periodically reveals his will through divine educators, whose purpose is to transform the character of humankind and develop, within those who respond, moral and spiritual qualities. Religion is thus seen as orderly, unified, and progressive from age to age.
Sorry about the quote...
Let's cut the chase... You're an infinite image of an Infinite Image. Why do you resist?

Jun 2017
California
I'll tell you why I resisted... I thought I got gypped. I mean, all the beautiful things in nature confusing me, like, if animals can do it, why cannot I? Then, I'm thinking, if I cannot be like an animal then like God I should have the choice to be born and choose life or death. God got me there, since it appears I made the choice ahead in time, One with God.

Last edited: