Bahai Beliefs

Feb 2019
Chicago
Great to see you here Venu. It would be right to point out from the start that Abdul'baha's explanations are authorised by Baha'u'llah, no one knew the Revelation of Baha'u'llah any better than Abdul'baha. Baha'u'llah gifted Abdul'baha to us as 'The Mystery of God' and it is Abdul'baha that is the of 'Servant of Baha'.

Thus the Authority given to Abdul'baha cannot be seperated from the Message of Baha'u'llah.

This is the full explanation (Also new translation) that is referenced in the talk of your above quote.

The Trinity
1Question: What isthe meaning of the Trinity and of its three Persons?
(Some Answered Questions)
www.bahai.org/r/534754631

No Baha'i can offer a better explanation as this explanation has the authority given of God, we can only offer thoughts.

I will try to get back later to some of your other points posted above.

Regards Tony
Abdul Baha seems to be separating God from His creation if I understand him correctly. From a Hindu perspective, there is the Absolute Spirit (Unmanifested God) and Creation (Manifested God). The reason Creation is considered Manifested God is because it is nothing but solidified vibratory power of God. Think about it this way. An ocean is a huge mass of water but an ice berg in the ocean is made from the ocean's water and is floating in the ocean. So you can say a little bit of the ocean has become the ice berg or the ocean is in the ice berg and the ice berg is in the ocean. Like wise, Creation is in God and God is in the Creation.

From a scientific perspective, something cannot come out of nothing. From what did this creation come out of and if it did not come out of God, who made the 'thing' out which this creation came? If God made the 'thing' out of which this creation came, how did God make the 'thing'? It all goes back to God. Everything came out of God and God's creative intelligence (only begotten Son) and vibratory power (Aum - Holy Ghost - the Word) made the creation possible.

When God first thought of creation, the thought process creation a vibration ( Aum of the Hindu Scriptures, the Word of the Bible, Ameen of the Arabs, Amen of Europeans). From the word came the light which solidified in to physical mass. That truth applies to the human body as well which is why the Bible says the Word was made flesh. The human mind and body came out of AUM and chanting AUM will harmonize the mind and body and help connect the soul with Spirit. You are the proof of Trinity. Your soul represents Father, your body represents Holy Ghost and the Creative Intelligence within you which is centered at the spiritual eye (point between the eye brows) represents the Son (only begotten Son). If you realize the true nature of your self as Bahaullah is asking you to do, then you realize that you always have been one with God and like Jesus you can say "I and my Father are one"; "I am in the Father and the Father is within me". You can also perform miracle like Jesus did. The best way to realizing your self is through meditation which Bahaullah also encouraged. When you meditate, your spiritual eye opens and your body no longer appears solid. You will see it as light coming out of AUM vibration (Matthew 6:22).

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.......And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us - Bible

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. - John 14:12

Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. - Matthew 21:21

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light - Matthew 6:22

Feb 2019
Chicago
Is that so??

But even so, miracles or not, Jesus' body is observed to follow certain laws of physics (constancy of form, inability to be in the same place as another physical thing, inability to instantaneously teleport) that his form is observed to not follow post resurrection. Is this form the same body, that once looked different and always physically interacted with the world?? For now the form looks different and can seemingly choose whether or not physical interaction happens.

If this is the case, again I don't see how one can call that a physical resurrection. Whether it is as I believe it is, or whether it is as it is described here, it is so much more than a physical resurrection.

How could it be a bodily resurrection in the case of Jesus, if body consciousness is delusory confinement, as is stated in the quote?? Certainly post-Resurrection Jesus would be free of such confinement, one would think.
I was referring to fact that the physical body of a human being cannot walk on water. That should have been obvious from the context. Jesus' resurrection was both spiritual and physical which is why you see him do miraculous things like appearing in locked rooms and also normal activities like eating food that a physical body made of flesh is used to.

Sep 2010
Earth
Abdul Baha seems to be separating God from His creation if I understand him correctly. From a Hindu perspective, there is the Absolute Spirit (Unmanifested God) and Creation (Manifested God). The reason Creation is considered Manifested God is because it is nothing but solidified vibratory power of God. Think about it this way. An ocean is a huge mass of water but an ice berg in the ocean is made from the ocean's water and is floating in the ocean. So you can say a little bit of the ocean has become the ice berg or the ocean is in the ice berg and the ice berg is in the ocean. Like wise, Creation is in God and God is in the Creation.

From a scientific perspective, something cannot come out of nothing. From what did this creation come out of and if it did not come out of God, who made the 'thing' out which this creation came? If God made the 'thing' out of which this creation came, how did God make the 'thing'? It all goes back to God. Everything came out of God and God's creative intelligence (only begotten Son) and vibratory power (Aum - Holy Ghost - the Word) made the creation possible.

When God first thought of creation, the thought process creation a vibration ( Aum of the Hindu Scriptures, the Word of the Bible, Ameen of the Arabs, Amen of Europeans). From the word came the light which solidified in to physical mass. That truth applies to the human body as well which is why the Bible says the Word was made flesh. The human mind and body came out of AUM and chanting AUM will harmonize the mind and body and help connect the soul with Spirit. You are the proof of Trinity. Your soul represents Father, your body represents Holy Ghost and the Creative Intelligence within you which is centered at the spiritual eye (point between the eye brows) represents the Son (only begotten Son). If you realize the true nature of your self as Bahaullah is asking you to do, then you realize that you always have been one with God and like Jesus you can say "I and my Father are one"; "I am in the Father and the Father is within me". You can also perform miracle like Jesus did. The best way to realizing your self is through meditation which Bahaullah also encouraged. When you meditate, your spiritual eye opens and your body no longer appears solid. You will see it as light coming out of AUM vibration (Matthew 6:22).

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.......And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us - Bible

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. - John 14:12

Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. - Matthew 21:21

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light - Matthew 6:22
I need to read this later, sorry am busy at the moment.

Can I suggest you read a provisiomal translation of Abdul'baha's 'Tablet of the Universe'. As it is a provisional translation, one must not put too much importance on every word. But this tablet explains creation in detail and is amazing.

Tablet of the Universe

This is one scientists first look at it;

One Physicist’s first Look at Abdu’l-Baha’s Tablet of the Universe

I think you will enjoy the concepts that it contains and gives us a better idea of the knowledge that refelected through Abdul'baha.

Regards Tony

Feb 2019
Chicago
I need to read this later, sorry am busy at the moment.

Can I suggest you read a provisiomal translation of Abdul'baha's 'Tablet of the Universe'. As it is a provisional translation, one must not put too much importance on every word. But this tablet explains creation in detail and is amazing.

Tablet of the Universe

This is one scientists first look at it;

One Physicist’s first Look at Abdu’l-Baha’s Tablet of the Universe

I think you will enjoy the concepts that it contains and gives us a better idea of the knowledge that refelected through Abdul'baha.

Regards Tony
Thank you for sharing. It is very interesting and reinforces my own understanding of God' creation. I don't find anything in the Tablet or the Physicist's analysis that proves the concept of Trinity wrong. I just wanted to share some of my own comments.

“Divine and all-encompassing Wisdom hath ordained that motion be an inseparable concomitant of existence, whether inherently or accidentally, spiritually or materially. This movement must be governed by some check or rein, some regulator or director, otherwise order will be disrupted and the spheres and bodies will fall from the heavens. For this reason God brought into being a universal attractive force between these bodies to hold sway over them and govern them, a force deriving from the firm ties, the mighty correspondence and affinity that exist between the realities of these limitless worlds"

I agree. Motion is an inseparable concomitant of existence because the nature of God's creation is change and motion represents constant change. This truth applies to human life as well and even human actions must be governed by some check given that God has given free will to human beings and they are capable of misusing it and committing great evil like Hitler has done to Jews and Iranian Muslim leaders are doing to the Bahais. That check against the human mistakes is the law of karma. The universal attractive force that Abdul Baha is referring to exists between stars and planets because it is derived or inherited from the attractive force (Love) that exists between Spirit (Sat or Purusha) and Holy Ghost (Aum or Prakriti). Spirit (Unmanifested Absolute) first spawned Holy Ghost from it's cosmic energy and since the latter was unstable and chaotic, Spirit restored stability and order to Holy Ghost by attracting it with Love. To manifest creation, Spirit then impregnated Holy Ghost with His undifferentiated creative intelligence which resulted in Holy Ghost giving birth to the creation in which the differentiated creative intelligence (only begotten Son) is reflected. The same principle is seen in the union between the Sun and Earth wherein the Sun impregnates the Earth with his vital energy (sunlight) and Earth gives birth to various life forms. Without sunlight, no life on earth is possible. Likewise, due to the attractive force that exists between man and woman, when they decide to physically unite, man impregnates woman with his vital fluid and woman gives birth to a new human being.

Know thou that the expressions of the creative hand of God throughout His limitless worlds are themselves limitless. Limitations are a characteristic of the finite, and restriction is a quality of existent things, not of the reality of existence. This being the case, how can one, without proof or testimony, conceive of creation being bound by limits? Gaze with penetrating vision into this new cycle.

This is totally consistent with the truths found in the Hindu scriptures. Creation goes on endlessly in cycles. The cosmos is supposed to be endless. Everything in God's creation is cyclic. We just see smaller cycles inside bigger cycles. Bahaullah in some of his correspondence in fact refers to the Hindu theory of cycles mentioned in Yoga Vashistha that was translated in to Persian during the 15th century. Bahaullah apparently did not agree with the mainstream Christian and Islamic belief that the creation is only a few thousand years old.

These are spiritual truths relating to the spiritual world. In like manner, from these spiritual realities infer truths about the material world. For physical things are signs and imprints of spiritual things; every lower thing is an image and counterpart of a higher thing.

Newton's third law of motion is the counterpart of the law of karma. Likewise, the physical body is the counterpart of the non-physical body that cannot be seen with the physical eyes. It can be seen with the spiritual eye when it opens during deep states of meditation. When the physical body dies, the non-physical body which is the storehouse of the mind, survives and creates another physical body to work out the karma left over from the past incarnations which is why we find people with different abilities and disabilities. Human birth and death is cyclic just as every other phenomenon in God's creation is cyclic. We can spend as much time as we want investigating this but we will never be able to find a process that God created which is not cyclic.

Last edited:
Feb 2019
Chicago
Great to see you here Venu. It would be right to point out from the start that Abdul'baha's explanations are authorised by Baha'u'llah, no one knew the Revelation of Baha'u'llah any better than Abdul'baha. Baha'u'llah gifted Abdul'baha to us as 'The Mystery of God' and it is Abdul'baha that is the of 'Servant of Baha'.

Thus the Authority given to Abdul'baha cannot be seperated from the Message of Baha'u'llah.

This is the full explanation (Also new translation) that is referenced in the talk of your above quote.

The Trinity
1Question: What isthe meaning of the Trinity and of its three Persons?
(Some Answered Questions)
www.bahai.org/r/534754631

No Baha'i can offer a better explanation as this explanation has the authority given of God, we can only offer thoughts.

I will try to get back later to some of your other points posted above.

Regards Tony
Tony,

I have been reading Bahaullah's "Gems of the Divine Mysteries" and in there he acknowledges the reality of the Holy Ghost (AUM in Hindu Scriptures) which is one of the three manifestations of Spirit (Trinity) in creation as described in Christian and Hindu scriptures. Quoting some verses relating to Holy Ghost from the Bible, Bahaullah asks his followers to be fair in judgement and reflect upon these "exalted utterances".

Additionally, Bahaullah also refers to the Holy Ghost in the "Ode of the Dove", verse 45. Is this not evidence that Bahaullah like Jesus and Krishna recognized the reality of the Trinity? I have been a bit puzzled as to why Abdul Baha would repudiate the Trinity but Bahaullah seems to have an answer. Here are Bahaullah's words from the Gems of the Divine Mysteries. Please let me know your thoughts if you are interested.

“And in the fourth Gospel, according to John, it is recorded: “But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: and ye also shall bear witness.”9 And elsewhere He saith: “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”10 And: “But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou? But because I have said these things unto you…”11 And yet again: “Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.”12 And: “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.”13”

“Such is the text of the verses revealed in the past. By Him besides Whom there is none other God, I have chosen to be brief, for were I to recount all the words that have been sent down unto the Prophets of God from the realm of His supernal glory and the kingdom of His sovereign might, all the pages and tablets of the world would not suffice to exhaust My theme. References similar to those mentioned, nay even more sublime and exalted, have been made in all the Books and Scriptures of old. Should it be My wish to recount all that hath been revealed in the past, I would most certainly be able to do so by virtue of that which God hath bestowed upon Me of the wonders of His knowledge and power. I have, however, contented Myself with that which was mentioned, lest thou become wearied in thy journey or feel inclined to turn back, or lest thou be overtaken by sadness and sorrow and overcome with despondency, trouble and fatigue.

Be fair in thy judgement and reflect upon these exalted utterances. Inquire, then, of those who lay claim to knowledge without a proof or testimony from God, and who remain heedless of these days wherein the Orb of knowledge and wisdom hath dawned above the horizon of Divinity, rendering unto each his due and assigning unto all their rank and measure, as to what they can say concerning these allusions. Verily, their meaning hath bewildered the minds of men, and that which they conceal of the consummate wisdom and latent knowledge of God even the most sanctified souls have been powerless to uncover.” - Bahá’u’lláh, Gems of Divine Mysteries.

-Venu

Last edited:
Mar 2015
Bend area, Oregon
Hello Venu.

I have appreciated your questions and comments on this forum over time. Your questions, although challenging at times, present to us who are Bahá’ís the opportunity to examine (or perhaps reexamine) what it is we believe and to answer your questions to the best of our ability. Often times we will have to stretch ourselves a bit to provide well thought out adequate comment and answers to the your queries and to those of others. This takes precious time. Please don’t misinterpret some whose brief responses may be, “Here read this or that . . .” or “Because ‘Abdu’l-Bahá said so . . .”, as most commenting in this manner likely have time constraints, or do not consider themselves knowledgeable enough to comment but still wanting to offer something rather than nothing. My comments on this thread probably fall somewhere in between providing an explanation based on my limited understandings and recommending to you that you “read this”.

What you have referred as “the Christian concept of Trinity (Father, Son and Holy Ghost/Spirit)” is exactly that, a Christian concept adopted as doctrine in the third century following the Appearance of Jesus as the Christ, and after much controversy amongst church leaders. The outpouring of the Revelation of God through Bahá'u'lláh is not based on Christian concepts but is revelation in pure form uninfluenced by those past concepts. Past concepts may or may not be addressed. As far as the Trinity is concerned, I perceive the same three elements (God, Primal Will, Manifestation) exist in the teachings of Bahá'u'lláh. In His teachings there is Allah (the God) that unknowable transcendent Essence that is One, Changeless, Eternal; there is that ancient, divine, and universal Reality that is the first thing to emanate from God, being the Divine Intelligence, the Holy Spirit, the Word, the Command, the Primal Will; and there is of course that chosen human vehicle (instrument, temple, throne) which serves to convey and communicate the Will of God to humanity. As you have specifically asked for Bahá'u'lláh’s writings and recorded utterances related to the Christian concept of the Trinity, some are shared below:

• “These Tabernacles of holiness, these primal Mirrors which reflect the light of unfading glory, are but expressions of Him Who is the Invisible of the Invisibles. By the revelation of these gems of divine virtue all the names and attributes of God, such as knowledge and power, sovereignty and dominion, mercy and wisdom, glory, bounty and grace, are made manifest."
  • “Since there can be no tie of direct intercourse to bind the one true God with His creation, and no resemblance whatever can exist between the transient and the Eternal, the contingent and the Absolute, He hath ordained that in every age and dispensation a pure and stainless Soul be made manifest in the kingdoms of earth and heaven. Unto this subtle, this mysterious and ethereal Being He hath assigned a twofold nature, the physical, pertaining to the world of matter; and the spiritual. which is born of the substance of God Himself. He hath, moreover, conferred upon Him a double station. The first station, which is related to His innermost reality, representeth Him as One Whose voice is the voice of God Himself… The second station is the human station, exemplified by the following verses: “I am but a man like you.” “Say, praise be to my Lord! Am I more than a man, an apostle?”
  • “Were any of the all-embracing Manifestations of God to declare: “I am God”, He, verily, speaketh the truth, and no doubt attacheth thereto. For it hath been repeatedly demonstrated that through their Revelation, their attributes and names, the Revelation of God, His names and His attributes, are made manifest in the world. . .”
  • “This station is the station in which one dieth to himself and liveth to God. Divinity. whenever I mention it, indicateth my complete and absolute self-effacement. This is the station in which I have no control over mine own weal or woe nor over my life nor over my resurrection."
  • “When I contemplate, O my God, the relationship that bindeth me to Thee, I am moved to proclaim to all created things “verily I am God”; and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!”
Of course as my time is limited too, I would encourage you to read some excellent brief articles written by Tom Tai-Seale that cover a variety of Christian topics including the Trinity and the Resurrection. See at Tom Tai-Seale, author at BahaiTeachings.org As you have indicated that you are reading ‘Gems of Mysteries’, may I also suggest Bahá'u'lláh’s Kitáb-i-Íqán (‘Book of Certitude’).

Thank you and take care.

LR

Sep 2010
Earth
Is this not evidence that Bahaullah like Jesus and Krishna recognized the reality of the Trinity? I have been a bit puzzled as to why Abdul Baha would repudiate the Trinity but Bahaullah seems to have an answer. Here are Bahaullah's words from the Gems of the Divine Mysteries. Please let me know your thoughts if you are interested.
In all these issues, just like the Bible, it is important to know and read a larger selections of writings to gain a broader understanding. If one uses all the advice of Christ in the New Testament, one would not make a doctrine called the Trinity. Jesus makes it clear that the flesh amounts to nothing, the Father is greater than Jesus and that Gods will must be done when Jesus says not my will, but Thy Will be done.

Thus we are told that there is God, there is the Holy Spirit and there is the chosen Messenger. The best way to expalin the explanation given in the Baha'i writings is with the picture.

Trinity.jpg

We can put any of Gods Messengers Name on that Mirror and that is how Jesus Christ is the First and the Last. It is the same Sun that shines in all Gods Messengers.

Source of picture - ChristianityRenewed

Regards Tony

Feb 2019
Chicago
Hello Venu.

What you have referred as “the Christian concept of Trinity (Father, Son and Holy Ghost/Spirit)” is exactly that, a Christian concept adopted as doctrine in the third century following the Appearance of Jesus as the Christ, and after much controversy amongst church leaders. The outpouring of the Revelation of God through Bahá'u'lláh is not based on Christian concepts but is revelation in pure form uninfluenced by those past concepts.

LR
Larry,

Thank you for your response. It is true that I have referred to the Trinity as a Christian concept in the beginning of this thread because I was a on a Bahai forum and the Bahai's tend to see it as a Christian concept. However, having studied the teachings of Jesus and Krishna, I know that for them, Trinity was not a concept but reality. When I started this discussion a few months ago, I wasn't familiar with Bahaullah's works like Ode of the Dove and Gems of Divine Mysteries. But now I am and I find that even for Bahaullah, Trinity was a reality which is not a surprise since he was a manifestation of God like Jesus and Krishna. For example, in verse 45 of the Ode of the Dove, Bahaullah says "The wave within Me stilled the ocean's surf; the Holy Ghost stirred at My rapture's lights". Quite clearly, if Holy Ghost which is the AUM of the Hindu Scriptures is a fictitious concept, Bahaullah would not refer to it as reality in his mystical poem.

Let me quote a few more lines from the Gems of Divine Mysteries for a proper context and you will see that Bahaullah is acknowledging Trinity as a divine reality whose mysteries are hidden treasures buried in the revealed Books of the old that Bahaullah quotes to open the spiritually blind eyes of the masses.

Here are Bahaullah's words:

“Through the power of God and His might, I shall now relate certain passages revealed in the Books of old, and mention some of the signs heralding the appearance of the Manifestations of God in the sanctified persons of His chosen Ones, that thou mayest recognize the Dayspring of this everlasting morn and behold this Fire that blazeth in the Tree which is neither of the East nor of the West. Perchance thine eyes may be opened upon attaining the presence of thy Lord and thy heart partake of the blessings concealed within these hidden treasuries..................

And in the fourth Gospel, according to John, it is recorded: “But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: and ye also shall bear witness.”9 And elsewhere He saith: “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”10 And: “But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou? But because I have said these things unto you…”11 And yet again: “Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.”12 And: “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.13

Such is the text of the verses revealed in the past. By Him besides Whom there is none other God, I have chosen to be brief, for were I to recount all the words that have been sent down unto the Prophets of God from the realm of His supernal glory and the kingdom of His sovereign might, all the pages and tablets of the world would not suffice to exhaust My theme. References similar to those mentioned, nay even more sublime and exalted, have been made in all the Books and Scriptures of old. Should it be My wish to recount all that hath been revealed in the past, I would most certainly be able to do so by virtue of that which God hath bestowed upon Me of the wonders of His knowledge and power. I have, however, contented Myself with that which was mentioned, lest thou become wearied in thy journey or feel inclined to turn back, or lest thou be overtaken by sadness and sorrow and overcome with despondency, trouble and fatigue.

Be fair in thy judgement and reflect upon these exalted utterances. Inquire, then, of those who lay claim to knowledge without a proof or testimony from God, and who remain heedless of these days wherein the Orb of knowledge and wisdom hath dawned above the horizon of Divinity, rendering unto each his due and assigning unto all their rank and measure, as to what they can say concerning these allusions. Verily, their meaning hath bewildered the minds of men, and that which they conceal of the consummate wisdom and latent knowledge of God even the most sanctified souls have been powerless to uncover.” - Bahá’u’lláh, Gems of Divine Mysteries.

After quoting the verse relating to Holy Ghost, Bahaullah says "such is the text of the verses revealed in the past". So that verse is a divine revelation, not a man made fictitious concept.

-Venu

Last edited:
Feb 2019
Chicago
In all these issues, just like the Bible, it is important to know and read a larger selections of writings to gain a broader understanding. If one uses all the advice of Christ in the New Testament, one would not make a doctrine called the Trinity. Jesus makes it clear that the flesh amounts to nothing, the Father is greater than Jesus and that Gods will must be done when Jesus says not my will, but Thy Will be done.

Thus we are told that there is God, there is the Holy Spirit and there is the chosen Messenger. The best way to expalin the explanation given in the Baha'i writings is with the picture.

Regards Tony
Tony,

Thank you for your response. Please see my previous post for a bigger excerpt from Bahaullah's Gems of Divine Mysteries. Bahaullah is certainly not dismissing the Trinity as a false doctrine but acknowledging it as Divine reality. It is true that there is God, Holy Spirit and the chosen Messenger but the Trinity is God, Holy Spirit and the Son. According to the Bible and Hindu scriptures anyone can "become" the Son through spiritual effort. The chosen Messenger can become the Son but everyone that can become the Son does not automatically become a chosen Messenger.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name - John 1:12

The Son is the Divine Intelligence that permeates entire creation. In human beings, it is centered at the spiritual eye located between the eye brows. In John 1:12, "name" refers to the Holy Spirit/Ghost or AUM from which the entire creation emanated. "Believe on his name" in the esoteric sense means to commune with AUM in meditation while exoterically it means that when the name of God rouses one's devotion and anchors one's thoughts in Him, it becomes a door to salvation through realization of their son-ship with God. Since the human body came out of AUM, when by meditation the life force is withdrawn from the senses, man can hear AUM vibrating through out his being. When one has such an experience, he is on his way to becoming a Son of God by realizing his relationship with God which is that of a son and Father. Without such an experience, man would have no proof of God's existence within the temple of his body.

-Venu