Baha'i cemetery in Shiaz to be destroyed...

Jun 2006
California
In 1983 ten Baha'i women were arrested for teaching children's classes in Shiraz and later hanged after they refused to recant their Faith.

During their trial, the ten women were told that if they recanted their faith, they would be released. “Whether you accept it or not, I am a Baha’i,” replied 28-year-old Zarrin Muqimi-Abyanih.

“You cannot take it away from me. I am a Baha’i with my whole being and my whole heart.”

One of the women was hanged was Mona Mahmudnizhad along with nine other women for her beliefs in 1983... three months earlier Mona's own father had been executed.

She was buried in the Baha'i cemetery in Shiraz which is now slated to be destroyed and desecrated.

Destruction of Historic Baha’i Cemetery Underway in Shiraz by Iranian Revolutionary Guards - Iran Press Watch

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
Another sad day in that Countries history.

They accelerate the Cause of Baha'ullah by this unjust deeds.

Regards Tony

Oct 2013
Rise with Joy
The enemies of the Cause are the ones who advance it. May God raise more of them. The Bab wanted to make His murderer His own Successor.

Oct 2013
Rise with Joy
And this in the Four Valleys:

"And were it not contrary to the Law of the Book, I would verily bequeath a part of My possessions to the one who would put Me to death, and I would name him My heir; yea, I would bestow upon him a portion, would render him thanks, would seek to refresh Mine eyes with the touch of his hand. But what can I do? I have no possessions, no power, and this is what God hath ordained."

Dec 2013
under God's grace
Apparently, it is only bad if a Baha'i cemetery is desecrated, but if the Bab gives the orders to desecrate the monuments of all previous religions it is highly desirable and praiseworthy. This is what `Abdu'l-Baha says about the orders of the Bab:

"It was uttered in the day of the appearance of his Highness A`lā (meaning the Bāb) to behead, burn the books, destroy the monuments, and massacre [everyone] but those who believed [in the Bāb’s religion] and verified it."
`Abdu’l-Bahā, Makātīb (Egypt), vol. 2, p. 266.
http://reference.bahai.org/download/ma2-fa-pdf.zip

And this is what Baha'u'llah says about the Bab's orders:
"
I [swear by] He who in His hand is my soul and my essence, a single letter from the Bayān is dearer to me than everything that is in the heavens and the earth.
"
Asad-Allāh Fāḍil Māzandarānī, Asrār al-āthār khuṣūṣī, vol. 5, p. 333.
Asraru'l-Athar

When Baha'u'llah is clearly saying the order to desecrate the monuments of all other religions is more dear to him than everything that is in the skies and the earth, then there is no big deal in the desecration of Baha'i graves and cemeteries, and Baha'is must not protest this action.
(This does not mean I am in favor of the desecration of any grave or monument)

Oct 2013
Rise with Joy
The Bab and Muhammad both had Jihad as a law though the Babi jihad was not legitimate until carried out by "Him Whom God Shall Manifest". And Bahaullah (ie HWGSM) banned jihad so the Babi law never actualized.

Dec 2013
under God's grace
The Bab and Muhammad both had Jihad as a law though the Babi jihad was not legitimate until carried out by "Him Whom God Shall Manifest". And Bahaullah (ie HWGSM) banned jihad so the Babi law never actualized.
Can you for once, say something that is relevant to the discussion.

Aug 2010
New Zealand mainly
This is what `Abdu'l-Baha says about the orders of the Bab:...

"It was uttered in the day of the appearance of his Highness A`lā (meaning the Bāb) to behead, burn the books, destroy the monuments, and massacre [everyone] but those who believed [in the Bāb’s religion] and verified it."
`Abdu’l-Bahā, Makātīb (Egypt), vol. 2, p. 266.
http://reference.bahai.org/download/ma2-fa-pdf.zip
Bad translation. Bayan here is a noun, it is the name of a Book. The translator (who seems to be an Arab with limited Persian) thought it was a verb. Also `enaaq here is probably "chiefs" rather than "necks," so it is not beheading but the scourging of prominent people.

These are hyperboles, saying that the laws of the Bayan were extreme. They were extreme, but also not intended to be a functional religious law. The Bab used the literary form of a law, in Arabic, accompanied by a commentary usually in Persian, to communicate non-legal meanings.