Baha'i Inspired Anis School

Apr 2011
Hyrule
In the Baha'i Media section on the right hand side of the Baha'i Forums, I noticed a picture of the "Baha'i Inspired Anis School in Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo." In the photo the teacher is teaching computer concepts, and, because I thought it was interesting, I decided to google the school online, but I couldn't find anything.

I know there are a few Baha'i inspired schools scattered throughout the world. I want to learn more about what this one is achieving in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
If it is like the Brilliant Star School in the Solomon Islands, it would be facing many obstacles. Those that started it, can only keep trying in very difficult circumstances.

Regards Tony

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
Reading another message I just found this;

"....‘Abdu’l‑Bahá explained, we must, in order to succeed in our aims, sacrifice the important for the most important. The House of Justice, for example, had to turn down the request of certain believers to establish Bahá’í schools in a Western country which already had a functioning state educational system; those Bahá’í funds which are available for educational projects must be spent on the establishment and running of schools in areas where there are large Bahá’í communities of poor people, with no adequate system of education available to them. In its answer, the House of Justice pointed out that if these friends, on their own initiative, wished to establish their own school, run on Bahá’í lines, and financially self-supporting, they were entirely free to do so. This highlights an aspect of the matter which is often overlooked. The social services of Bahá’ís are not restricted to what they do as a community. Every Bahá’í has a duty to work and earn his living, and in choosing a career a Bahá’í should consider not only its earning capacity but also the benefit of the work to his fellowmen. All over the world Bahá’ís are rendering outstanding services in this way...."

More about schools in that letter;

3 January 1982 – [To an individual] | Bahá’í Reference Library

Regards Tony

Last edited:
Apr 2011
Hyrule
Reading another message I just found this;

"....‘Abdu’l‑Bahá explained, we must, in order to succeed in our aims, sacrifice the important for the most important. The House of Justice, for example, had to turn down the request of certain believers to establish Bahá’í schools in a Western country which already had a functioning state educational system; those Bahá’í funds which are available for educational projects must be spent on the establishment and running of schools in areas where there are large Bahá’í communities of poor people, with no adequate system of education available to them. In its answer, the House of Justice pointed out that if these friends, on their own initiative, wished to establish their own school, run on Bahá’í lines, and financially self-supporting, they were entirely free to do so. This highlights an aspect of the matter which is often overlooked. The social services of Bahá’ís are not restricted to what they do as a community. Every Bahá’í has a duty to work and earn his living, and in choosing a career a Bahá’í should consider not only its earning capacity but also the benefit of the work to his fellowmen. All over the world Bahá’ís are rendering outstanding services in this way...."

More about schools in that letter;

3 January 1982 – [To an individual] | Bahá’í Reference Library

Regards Tony
Oh, I haven't read this before, Tony. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to look more into it!