Baha'i Social Practices - Laws, Marriage, Work, Places of Worship

daniel

Forum Staff
Mar 2006
Seattle, WA
Jul 2011
n ireland
When the racial elements of the American nation unite in actual fellowship and accord, the lights of the oneness of humanity will shine, the day of eternal glory and bliss will dawn,... This is the blessing and benefit of unity; this is the outcome of love. This is the sign of the Most Great Peace; this is the star of the oneness of the human world. Consider how blessed this condition will be. I pray for you and ask the confirmation and assistance of God in your behalf.
—'Abdu'l-Baha, April 24, 1912, Promulgation of Universal Peace

Jul 2014
colorado/summer-Oklahoma/winter
You think you' re almost there, then some person, who can't accept people for who they are, does something stupid...back teenage boys being killed or shot, voter suppression happening against lower income...a poll tax for crying out loud, benefits for congress increases, tax cuts for wealthy, women not receiving equal pay for equal work, funding for children cut in half, funding for health cut in half...its a mess over here, don't hold your breath on us getting it together, pray for us every day. People in office lie thru their teeth, so much hate and vitriol, it's rather frightening...and the answer is to carry guns....jeez Louise!! We have an articulate, intelligent president who wants to make life better for all, and no one gives a crap, they just want to bring him down because not only is he black, but an even bigger offense is that he is a black man who is smart and successful. I fully understand why we are to stay out of political parties...way too decisive. I struggle with election years as the constant deceit is nerve wracking. Sorry to go off like this, but figure y'all will understand.

Warmest regards!

Last edited:
May 2013
forest falls california
swords to plowshares

You think you' re almost there, then some person, who can't accept people for who they are, does something stupid...back teenage boys being killed or shot, voter suppression happening against lower income...a poll tax for crying out loud, benefits for congress increases, tax cuts for wealthy, women not receiving equal pay for equal work, funding for children cut in half, funding for health cut in half...its a mess over here, don't hold your breath on us getting it together, pray for us every day. People in office lie thru their teeth, so much hate and vitriol, it's rather frightening...and the answer is to carry guns....jeez Louise!! We have an articulate, intelligent president who wants to make life better for all, and no one gives a crap, they just want to bring him down because not only is he black, but an even bigger offense is that he is a black man who is smart and successful. I fully understand why we are to stay out of political parties...way too decisive. I struggle with election years as the constant deceit is nerve wracking. Sorry to go off like this, but figure y'all will understand.

Warmest regards!
Becky,
. The old world order is necessarily frustrating when we focus our attention on it. Rather than trying to make it something it is not, take that same energy and devote it to building the new world order. Otherwise, its like trying to hold up the twin towers after the planes have already hit them!!

. "The world is but a show, vain and empty; a mere nothing, bearing the semblance of reality. Set not your affections upon it." . Baha'u'llah

Jul 2014
colorado/summer-Oklahoma/winter
Becky,
. The old world order is necessarily frustrating when we focus our attention on it. Rather than trying to make it something it is not, take that same energy and devote it to building the new world order. Otherwise, its like trying to hold up the twin towers after the planes have already hit them!!

. "The world is but a show, vain and empty; a mere nothing, bearing the semblance of reality. Set not your affections upon it." . Baha'u'llah

I guess it's frustrating too, more of a sad commentary on mankind. I know its supposed to get worse before it gets better, so its certainly following the timeline. When changing behavior in a child: 1) you have to offer a replacement behavior because no matter how odd or awful a behavior is, it fulfills a need and 2) expect the behavior to worsen as a last ditch effort when the child sees change coming and fights to keep the status quo. That can certainly be applied to the people of America.....Baha'u'llah's gift of love, unity and equality is the replacement behavior being offered and Americans are in a frenzy to keep things as they were, even tho, in reality, things aren't what they used to be.
But enough of that, in reality, I am a happy joyful being, grateful for God's grace and mercy.

Thanks Dale,
Becky

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
Dear Becky

Sorry to go off like this, but figure y'all will understand.
Oh yes I understand, but is better to pray for mankind's guidance and teach teach teach.

I remember the shock and horror one time when some folk were discussing the outcome of an election, I had to remind them, how was change going to come about, if good intelligent people were elected to office, people have to become good and angry before there will be change.

Last edited:
Jun 2009
Florida
I'm sorry but if i feel like having a beer or a glass of wine i'm going to have it. is that at my own discretion? or will that make me a convent breaker or a bad Bahai?