Bahai wedding ceremony

Jun 2019
Paris, France
Hello friends,

I have some confusion about the simplicity of the baha'i marriage ceremony.
I have no doubt and no confusion about the spiritual part that there is no ritual and the mandatory thing to do is to tell the vow "Verily, we all abide by the will of God".
But in the social part, I have some confusion about the meaning of simple, should we (the bride and groom) limit the number of attendee to a certain family or
is it simple to invite 100 or 200 persons, or is it in the way we do it that we show this simplicity.

thanks

Sep 2018
usa
you can have as many guest and as lavish or simplified a wedding as you want.
the simplicity is for the freedom, ease and comfort of union of a couple.

Sep 2010
Earth
Hello friends,

I have some confusion about the simplicity of the baha'i marriage ceremony.
I have no doubt and no confusion about the spiritual part that there is no ritual and the mandatory thing to do is to tell the vow "Verily, we all abide by the will of God".
But in the social part, I have some confusion about the meaning of simple, should we (the bride and groom) limit the number of attendee to a certain family or
is it simple to invite 100 or 200 persons, or is it in the way we do it that we show this simplicity.

thanks
Hello great to see you post here.

It is really your choice. What is worth considering, is that one could save a great deal by having a simple wedding and consider other uses for the funds saved.

My wife and I had a pot luck meal with a few friends and family and then for homeymoon, moved to a very remote homefront pioneering post. 😄😂😉

Regards Tony

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
My wife and I had a pot luck meal with a few friends and family and then for honeymoon, moved to a very remote homefront pioneering post. 😄😂😉
My husband and I had a wedding in the back yard of a rich Baha'i who lived in Southern California who my husband knew since they had been friends in the same Baha'i community... We knew each other all of 3 weeks before we got married so the arrangements had to be made quickly. My sister arranged it all and the only people I knew at the wedding were my mother and sister. That was 34 years ago come June 30. :)