Bahai's prayers

Jun 2014
Spain
Allahu abha!

Well, I want to convert to Bahai faith and I would like to know how I have to pray.

Thank you so much brothers and sisters.

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
Firstly I would say one prayers with sincerity from the heart. But I am sure you know this.

Have you a Baha'i prayer book? In the prayer book it will explain about choosing one obligatory prayer to be said daily at a certain time.

We are most fortunate to have many revealed prayers given to us for different occasions.

You can access prayers here on the net. Bahá’í Prayers

Oct 2013
Glenwood, Queensland, Australia
Good morning Yasmina

Well, I want to convert to Bahai faith and I would like to know how I have to pray.
First, my welcome to these forums. My welcome also to this Faith. Remember that you are not leaving another Faith, but are fulfilling it.

If you are speaking of forms and manners and ways, there is, except for the Obligatory Prayers, none. And those forms in the Obligatory Prayers are given within the text.

It is your heart, your soul, that prays, and you may position your body in whichever way you feel comfortable, and face in any direction you find yourself. We are encouraged to recite them "melodiously", for the voice can influence how how heart feels. Spoken, sung, chanted, is entirely at your choice.

Bill has already advised regarding our Prayer Book. It is filled with wonderful Prayers, and many Baha'is use them solely. But if you have something in your heart you wish to speak to God about, then do so.

One last thing. Remember that Prayer is conversation with God. Remember to listen for the answers :) In their proper time, every Prayer is answered sooner or later in the most satisfactory manner.

With warmest greetings

Romane

Dec 2013
Little Rock, Ar
Allah'u'Abha, Yasmina! Welcome to the forums, and welcome to the Faith! :)

As has already been stated, there is the obligatory prayer. These are three in number, and you get to choose which one you want to say.

1. The Short Obligatory Prayer: To be said at noon every day.

2. The Medium Obligatory Prayer: To be said three times every day (morning, noon, evening).

3. The Long Obligatory Prayer: To be said once in a 24 hour period.

I usually say the Long Obligatory Prayer right before bed. It's relaxing and helps me get to sleep.

Some people say all three. They'll say the Medium in the morning, and then again at noon along with the Short, and then again in the evening along with the Long. When they say the Long one is somtimes different.

Another thing to remember is that Obligatory Prayers are not to be said in public. You're supposed to do them at home in your own room, or wherever you can find privacy.

Here's some links that might help you:

Bahá’í Prayers

Baha'i Prayers in many languages

Bahá'í Reference Library - The Kitáb-i-Aqdas

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
Allahu abha!

Thank you so much brothers and sisters.
Welcome to the Forum and to the Faith.

I was in Spain Last year as my Son in Law married a Spanish Beauty :cool:

I liked Spain, but I think they may Party a bit much ;)

God Bless and Regards Tony

Jul 2011
n ireland
Ola Yasmina,ben venido. Please excuse my bad Spanish. Dearest sister, with the help of the Holy Spirit, Espírito Santo, you are about to undertake a truly wonderful journey of a lifetime :)