Becoming Spiritual with metaphors of hedonism (wine, sex & beautiful maiden)

I'm going to Preface this with a great JUXTAPOSITION of Baha'u'llah's writings and a case for Materialistic Hedonism:

Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám.jpg Juxtaposing this Great Quote from Baha'u'llah

"
Think not that We have revealed unto you a mere
code of laws. Nay, rather, We have unsealed the choice
Wine with the fingers of might and power. To this
beareth witness that which the Pen of Revelation hath
revealed. Meditate upon this, O men of insight!

(Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Aqdas, p. 21)"

WITH this STUBBORN Atheist Doubter BANTER that I have no reason to believe there is a person alive, especially Bahais,. who doesn't Encounter such a disputer at 1 point in their lives like the 1 in this Video:

Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam - The Secret: Christopher Hitchens

And do you think that unto such as you; A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew: God gave the Secret, and denied it me? - - Well, well, what matters it! Believe that, too. - Richard Le Gallienne)

-----------------------------------------
From my hard one experience it occured to me, especially with Baha'u'llah's quote calling His Rules in the Aqdas:
"unsealed the choice
Wine with the fingers of might and power.
"
"

For many of us, in my case at least, I have discovered there is a certain wisdom playing a routine trick on our own minds into feeling extreme pleasure or reward in extreme pleasure for serving God by seeing somekind of promise of good intimate union with Hedonistic promise: (proverbial sex,drugs, and rock and roll) intoxicated like a drug addict or alcoholic feeling endorphins of extreme pleasure while doing no harm. Pleasure must be balanced with pain, but we NEED PLEASURE TO ANESTHESIZE EXTREME pain SOMETIMES:

Badi, Áqá Buzurg
" During his travels, Badí' was often observed by Hájí 'Alí in an account written by Hájí Shah-Muhammad-i-Amin, "- to be full of joy, laughter, gratitude and forbearance, walking around one hundred paces then leaving the road and turning to face 'Akká. He would then prostrate himself and say: "O God, that which you have bestowed upon me through Your bounty, do not take back through Your justice; rather grant me strength to safeguard it"".

I also remember in that story Badi was laughing at the goons who were beating him to death as they were beating him to death. Who doesn't want that kind of power in the face of some terrible injustice? Absolutely knowing he will be rewarded in the Abha Kingdom for His martyrdom? He was a young virile athletic man with his entire health. He had to be an eligible bachelor for a good young wife and he threw that opportunity away in a suicide mission for Baha'u'llah? How ? Did he see an attempt to meet a perfect Bride in Heaven? .

Shoghi Effendi describes Baha'u'llah in his worst imprisonment in the Shia Chal dungeon as seeing a Maiden:

"Wrapped in its stygian gloom, breathing its fetid air, numbed by its humid and icy atmosphere, His feet in stocks, His neck weighed down by a mighty chain, surrounded by criminals and miscreants of the worst order, oppressed by the consciousness of the terrible blot that had stained the fair name of His beloved Faith, painfully aware of the dire distress that had overtaken its champions, and of the grave dangers that faced the remnant of its followers -- at so critical an hour and under such appalling circumstances the "Most Great Spirit," as designated by Himself, and symbolized in the Zoroastrian, the Mosaic, the Christian, and Muhammadan Dispensations by the Sacred Fire, the Burning Bush, the Dove and the Angel Gabriel respectively, descended upon, and revealed itself, personated by a "Maiden," VeritasWomanforumupload.png to the agonized soul of Bahá'u'lláh.

(Shoghi Effendi, God Passes By, p. 100)

This Fire Tablet Quotes of Sweetness and Pleasure

O Supreme Pen, We have heard Thy most sweet call in the eternal realm: Give Thou ear unto what the Tongue of Grandeur uttereth, O 218 Wronged One of the worlds?

(Compilations, Baha'i Prayers, p. 217)

How sweet was Thy dawning on the horizon of the Covenant among the stirrers of sedition, and Thy yearning after God, O Love of the worlds.

(Compilations, Baha'i Prayers, p. 218)

Verily, I have heard Thy call, O All-Glorious Beloved; and now is the face of Baha flaming with the heat of tribulation and with the fire of Thy shining word, and He hath risen up in faithfulness at the place of sacrifice, looking toward Thy pleasure, O Ordainer of the worlds.

O Ali-Akbar, thank thy Lord for this Tablet whence thou canst breathe the fragrances of My meekness, and know what hath beset Us in the path of God, the Adored of all the worlds.

Should all the servants read and ponder this, there shall be kindled in their veins a fire that shall set aflame the worlds.

- Bahá'u'lláh 220

(Compilations, Baha'i Prayers, p. 218)

Fire Tablet: Tablet Study Outline

Quite honestly the Way these Women sing Allah'u'abha so eloquently building into a Crescendo is a lot like an orgasm:

Maybe The Bahai Faith needs more creative spiritual sexual attractiveness for more true Bahai chaste and holy relationships?

I bear witness at this moment, O my God, to my helplessness and Thy sovereignty, my feebleness and Thy power. I know not that which profiteth me or harmeth me; Thou art, verily, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise. Do Thou decree for me, O Lord, my God, and my Master, that which will make me feel content with Thine eternal decree and will prosper me in every world of Thine. Thou art in truth the Gracious, the Bountiful.

- Bahá'u'lláh

(Compilations, Baha'i Prayers, p. 142)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANYWAYS the reality of this finite transient material world is that many people are born into the bottom of the barrel, given the short end of the straw, and are dealt an unjust blow in life: *Just in case anyone reading this and actually need this described to you) Life is a cruel game and we die suddenly unexpected with people born hideously deformed and often with cruel child abuse happening them, completely thwarting their opportunities to foster loving safe homes for children or having loving intimate relationship:

"

His bounty has endowed every created thing, however humble, "with the capacity to exercise a particular influence, and been made to possess a distinct virtue". And, reminiscent of the parable of the talents (Matthew 25:14-30), Bahá'u'lláh, in the "Gleanings", (p. 149) draws attention to the need to make efforts to develop and demonstrate in action out God-given potential:

...All that which ye potentially possess can, however, be manifested only as a result of your own volition. Your own acts testify to this truth.
Is it not an evidence of the justice of God that each of us, irrespective of family background, is assessed in terms of the efforts we have made to seize whatever opportunities existed in our lives, to develop and use our allotted talent, be it large or small? "Each shall receive his share from the Lord", is Bahá'u'lláh's assurance.

Sufferings and trials, sent by God to test and perfect His creatures, are an integral part of life. They contain the potential for man's progress or retrogression, depending on the individual's response. As ''Abdu'l-Bahá explains:

...The souls who bear the tests of God become the manifestations of great bounties: for the divine trials cause some souls to become entirely lifeless, while they cause the holy souls to ascent to the highest degree of love and solidity.
In addition, we know from the Bahá'í Writings that man's soul "is independent of all infirmities of body or mind," and not only continues to exist "after departing from this mortal world", but progresses "through the bounty and grace of the Lord". Therefore, an evaluation of man's material existence and achievements cannot ignore the potential spiritual development stimulated by the individual's desire to manifest the attributes of God and his response to the exigencies of his life, nor can it exclude the possibility of the operation of God's mercy in terms of compensation for earthy suffering, in the next life.

(The Universal House of Justice, 1985 Dec 02, Child Abuse, Psychology and Knowledge of Self)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways with that all said, now that I'm past midlife in my late 40's, over the hump, if there's anything I'm trying to teach here that needs to be said: This lifetime is still ridiculously perplexing and cruel and I hope if there's any kind of transition between here and the Great Paradise world: Martyrs better get Rewarded and those dealt cruelty and are too deformed and ugly in someway to ever experience true loving intimacy with a partner of the opposite gender for any length of time worth anything: All of these Hungry Ghosts (as Buddhists might call them) get completely reborn in a beautiful Epicurean hedonistic transitional area of the Abha Kingdom or Queendom because reconciliation and reperations for enduring cruelty needs to be delivered. This lifetime really is a reall quick cruel little proving grounds for our souls and I can hardly wait until I don't have to feel so completely finite, fragile, and unforgiven and feeling so damn obligated to help helpless others who feel the sameway too.

THOUGHTS? anyone?

Lennon Sisters - Favorite Things

My Favorite Things Song (classic transmutation of hedonism transmuted to Spirituality)

"Raindrops on roses
And whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things "

That Favorite Sings Song beautifully illustrated and Contrasted with the Insanity during around 1971
Fear and Loathing - Intro Clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOHy2nExU5E

CATVERTISING https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkOQw96cfyE

Anyways maybe someone in the world can appreciate the great wisdom of playing around with Ocean Software (our easy access to a lot Spiritual Quotes and Writings) along with the Internet Memes to troll people, entice them & intoxicate them with Spiritual Teachings, like a little cat high as a kite on Catnip, occasionally playing rough in case there are other cats in the world who can appreciate his amusement as he finds stunts and tricks absolutely essential to being independent, self reliant hunting rodents and eradicating threats of disease from those rodents overpopulating?

Cats High On Catnip Compilation [Funny] (TOP 10 VIDEOS)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a93XMpEPKNU

Someone put a bunch of graffiti on Lisa Parker's Art.

LEOMOONCATrahu.jpg

Last edited:
'How great is the blessedness of him who, for love of Thy beauty and for the sake of Thy pleasure, hath curbed the desires of a corrupt inclination and observed the precepts laid down by Thy most exalted Pen! He, in truth, is to be numbered with them that have attained unto all good, and followed the way of guidance."

(Baha'u'llah, Prayers and Meditations by Baha'u'llah, p. 298)

I love deciphering Ali Nakjavani's style of speech and rhetoric, promoting it, and being inspired to craft some of my own:
For the Love of His Beauty

Sep 2017
Earth
The reward is knowledge and Gods good pleasure not some maiden in the next life imo. I believe the greatest torment is ignorance maybe

The reward is knowledge and Gods good pleasure not some maiden in the next life imo. I believe the greatest torment is ignorance maybe
Are you sure there's no sex in somekind of Abha KingconnectingwithQueen -dom?

How certain are you of the true meaning of "some maiden" or Baha'u'llah's vision of meeting a "maiden" while in the midst of his most humiliating physical torture and torment? Perhaps he means some kind of esoteric meaning beyond physical form of being purified and undefiled and being coddled with pleasure as reward for enduring pain in a such a way that there is still some kind of pleasurable ability to mate or connect intimately spiritually and reciprocate and compliment each other (as a good man and woman does in this material realm only better maybe)?

Here Baha'u'llah describes a true spiritually successful union between a husband (A servant of God completely absolutely chaste) and a wife (a maiden also a Servant of God and absolutely chaste) having no sex with anyone except each other and completely and totally intimate and respect? Implied in these writings by Baha'u'llah and others regarding the Equality of the Sexes elsewhere in the Bahai Writings:

And when He desired to manifest grace and beneficence to men, and to set the world in order, He revealed observances and created laws; among them He established the law of marriage, made it as a fortress for well-being and salvation, and enjoined it upon us in that which was sent down out of the heaven of sanctity in His Most Holy Book. He saith, great is His glory: "Marry, O people, that from you may appear he who will remember Me amongst My servants; this is one of My commandments unto you; obey it as an assistance to yourselves."

- Bahá'u'lláh

(Compilations, Baha'i Prayers, p. 103)

O ye two believers in God! The Lord, peerless is He, hath made woman and man to abide with each other in the closest companionship, and to be even as a single soul. They are two helpmates, two intimate friends, who should be concerned about the welfare of each other.

If they live thus, they will pass through this world with perfect contentment, bliss, and peace of heart, and become the object of divine grace and favour in the Kingdom of heaven. But if they do other than this, they will live out their lives in great bitterness, longing at every moment for death, and will be shamefaced in the heavenly realm.

Strive, then, to abide, heart and soul, with each other as two doves in the nest, for this is to be blessed in both worlds. 123

(Abdu'l-Baha, Selections from the Writings of Abdu'l-Baha, p. 122)
With all this great weight on respect between 2 genders in a world where people are often hindered and sometimes find Celibacy or Martyrdom without having ended celibacy ? What happens to them?

I'm not just talking about unfortunates who are born crippled and mentally retarded and unable to sexually perform, I'm talking about living sentient martyrs who either seek celibacy as an option, don't have the family unity to risk marriage, or don't find the right spouse in this world. What happens to The Greatest Holy Leaf, Martha Root, Badi and Jesus Christ in many respects who live spiritual lives, but don't find spouses here? Is there really no sex in the Abha kingdom or Heaven or Nirvana or Valhalla or whatever Paradise Realm your idea of Divinity promises for living a good life?

Sep 2017
Earth
I mean I don’t know, but I do believe the reward of their lives was also partially tasted in this life as Gods good pleasure. But I also recall to mind the great bounties of the next life, but I do not believe this was the aim they had in mind or the motivation behind their great acts.

From my hard one experience it occured to me, especially with Baha'u'llah's quote calling His Rules in the Aqdas:
"unsealed the choice
Wine with the fingers of might and power.
"
"

For many of us, in my case at least, I have discovered there is a certain wisdom playing a routine trick on our own minds into feeling extreme pleasure or reward in extreme pleasure for serving God by seeing somekind of promise of good intimate union with Hedonistic promise: (proverbial sex,drugs, and rock and roll) intoxicated like a drug addict or alcoholic feeling endorphins of extreme pleasure while doing no harm. Pleasure must be balanced with pain, but we NEED PLEASURE TO ANESTHESIZE EXTREME pain SOMETIMES:

Badi, Áqá Buzurg
" During his travels, Badí' was often observed by Hájí 'Alí in an account written by Hájí Shah-Muhammad-i-Amin, "- to be full of joy, laughter, gratitude and forbearance, walking around one hundred paces then leaving the road and turning to face 'Akká. He would then prostrate himself and say: "O God, that which you have bestowed upon me through Your bounty, do not take back through Your justice; rather grant me strength to safeguard it"".
The Martyrdom of Badi part 1 (Farsi Poem) but the tones are done with a reverence that transcends knowledge of a language:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRvNxZI4YxA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLVMO28OrVY

Anyways. What youth doesn't experience some kind of apprehension at fear of attaining Romantic Union (as a beloved husband and wife does with each other) in a true chaste Bahai Marriage? IMHO there is a certain kind of way to trick the mind away from being unchaste in the midst of loneliness in A LOT of Bahai writings telling us forget our lives for spiritual ecstacy, be patient, and take a certain amount of pain of facing our enemies and adversaries we ever experience true loving Union. The Seven Valleys seems to suggest this very vividly:

At last, the tree of his longing yielded the fruit of despair, and the fire of his hope fell to ashes. Then one night he could live no more, and he went out of his house and made for the marketplace. On a sudden, a watchman followed 14 after him. He broke into a run, with the watchman following; then other watchmen came together, and barred every passage to the weary one. And the wretched one cried from his heart, and ran here and there, and moaned to himself: "Surely this watchman is Izra'il, my angel of death, following so fast upon me; or he is a tyrant of men, seeking to harm me." His feet carried him on, the one bleeding with the arrow of love, and his heart lamented. Then he came to a garden wall, and with untold pain he scaled it, for it proved very high; and forgetting his life, he threw himself down to the garden.

And there he beheld his beloved with a lamp in her hand, searching for a ring she had lost. When the heart-surrendered lover looked on his ravishing love, he drew a great breath and raised up his hands in prayer, crying: "O God! Give Thou glory to the watchman, and riches and long life. For the watchman was Gabriel, guiding this poor one; or he was Israfil, bringing life to this wretched one!"

(Baha'u'llah, The Seven Valleys, p. 13)

Last edited:
I don't know how other Bahais think in the world and what motivates them, but I study and try and Love and answer to Baha'u'llah because there is some kind of God Blessed Light at the Fabulous End of the Tunnel to this hellhole wicked world we live in. People who say they are motivated because they are completely detatched from some kind of pleasureable reward, I beg to differ they are liars.

As to your own torment and suffering arising from your perception of the fate of children and their oppressors, the way to peace and security for you and for humanity as a whole, is through service to the Cause, to which you have so earnestly committed yourself.

We are instructed to assure you that the Universal House of Justice with offer prayers at the Holy Shrines that your faith may be deepened and your perplexities resolved, and we share with you these solacing word of Bahá'u'lláh:

"My servants! Sorrow not if, in these days and on this earthly plane, things contrary to your wishes have been ordained and manifested by God, for days of blissful joy, of heavenly delight, are assuredly in store for you. Worlds, holy and spiritually glorious, will be unveiled to your eyes. You are destined by Him, in this world and hereafter, to partake of their benefits, to share in heir joys, and to obtain a portion of their sustaining grace. To each and every one of them you will, no doubt, attain."

(The Universal House of Justice, 1985 Oct 14, Suffering of Exploited Children)