Blessings

Oct 2019
Vrindavan
Christianity, on the other hand, assumes that man is soul and body.
Hinduism knows the concept of dharma. By this we mean all duties that arise from our material existence. The term identity is difficult. As @Venu already wrote, "aham brahmasmi" describes that we are Brahman. This describes an attribution of our Atman as qualitatively identical to Brahman. Then, of course, there is our material, physical side, which includes the place we are born, our gender, our profession, our marital status and similar things. Of course man as he is is accepted by God, but if we hurt our fellow human beings due to ignorance, does this side of our material existence really belong to our identity? I don't think so.

Jehoschua said:
No, there are no teachings that one should raise or develop one's consciousness. The passage says that people who focus their faces on Jesus can recognize God precisely because God has revealed Himself fully in Jesus Christ. There is no need for a new prophet because the revelation in Jesus Christ has reached its climax and is complete.
But when people want to prefer the Son of God, the Prophets, Manifestations or whatever term we use, this always presupposes a different consciousness than that of the materialists. Whether I can see mere matter in a human being or recognize a sentient being that resembles me is a question of consciousness. I cannot understand with the Baha'i concept that the Prophets were people with the most perfect qualities, since all traditions describe the prophets as normal people with all kinds of weaknesses. Most Prophets were also sinners from a biblical point of view. But the latter only works if we realize that there may be a connection between actions and consciousness, but it's not necessary. Most people are on their way to God and not perfect. Therefore they can already recognize God, but do not behave correctly in everything. This can only be solved if one understands God-consciousness in the sense of Consciousness that goes beyond material understanding. Neighborly love and selflessness function only when one's consciousness is removed from oneself and directed toward the Absolute. In this sense, "Sons of God" have a more clear understanding of the transcendental truth because of their consciousness.

Last edited:
Reactions: ams

ams

Nov 2019
Thailand
All i agree @Venu

(does it mean i'm a Hindu now? :) )

The food comes from the earth and so your body came from the earth made up of the five elements which is why you have five fingers on each hand with each finger representing one of the five elements. God is constantly reminding you through your five fingers that you are not the body that is made up of earth elements but a soul made in the immortal image of God.
That is a good reminder. No talisman needed anymore :)

@Jehoschua
If you are interesseted ... Paramahansa Yogananda was visting Therese Neumann in Germany/Bavaria (btw. where i was born)

He was very interessted in her stigmas... he got a special audience from her personally. She was saying:

"Though the bishop has asked me to see no one without his permission, I will receive the man of God from India."
Full story: Autobiography of a Yogi/Chapter 39 - Wikisource, the free online library

Paramahansa Yogananda had a very good friendship with the roman catholic church all his life.
His Books a very valuable for all Christians.

Specifically the mentioned book "The Second Coming of Christ". It's a spiritual eye opener.

ams

Nov 2019
Thailand
I cannot understand with the Baha'i concept that the Prophets were people with the most perfect qualities, since all traditions describe the prophets as normal people with all kinds of weaknesses. Most Prophets were also sinners from a biblical point of view.
(all Baha'is please forgive and also correct me, if i say anything incorrect)
Imho... Bahá'u'lláh's very divinely main mission was to bring peace to the conflicts between muslims and muslims and other religions.

His words had... and still have... the power for it.
But of course it needed also the "ears" for it.

Thus, his revelations... no... The Revelation from God trought Lord Bahá'u'lláh... was therfore designed to respect all Prophets not only from Islam but also from every Religion.

All who were able to accept this... who were able to accept that all religion had their true Prophets of God.... they were then able to stop the endless and senseless fighting against each other.

That why, for example, it was (and is) strictly prohibited to speek bad about other religions, or their Prophets.
Because they are all accepted as true prophets and therfore as true Religions.

The Fight is over.

How many times i heard from fundamental christians that - for example - the Islam is from the devil.
Or: Buddha is in hell since 2500 years because he was a false and bad teacher. etc pp...

That is pure fire.

Baha'is never want speek so (and also not thinking so).
Because of the very true and clear and god given teachings of Bahá'u'lláh which was giving for peace... more: For world peace.

So i think that why... all Prophets from all Religion were only drawn in a very good light.
Even if they - of course - had human errors... but that should not be focused.

Last edited:
Oct 2019
Vrindavan
(does it mean i'm a Hindu now? :) )
I think you always have to look a little further. Hinduism is a term used by immigrants or invaders (which is an eternal debate to clarify) for all spiritual traditions of India. The term Hindu comes from the river Indus. What is understandable is that the term Hinduism is a geographical category that includes all the spiritual traditions of the Indian subcontinent. If you came to Europe and described all the traditions you find here today as "Heuropaism", you would also have a henotheism consisting of gods like YHVH, Allah, Odin, whatever. The task now would be to recognize that all these gods are concepts or realizations of a God. If all Abrahamic religions would come together to one God and recognize that their respective traditions are only different ways to absolute truth, then you would have a situation comparable to Hinduism. The big difference is only that all Indian traditions have a common origin in the Vedic scriptures, which they recognize without exception, and that they have a common modern renewal with the Bhagavad-gita, which is also recognized by all currents.
As long as Western religions still revolve around the question of truth, there is no knowledge of the one God who is the truth. I disagree with @Venu on many points, but for us the question of whose way is closer to the truth would not be at issue at all. I don't even have to ask what his path looks like in concrete terms and can still see that his path leads to truth just like mine.

Reactions: ams

ams

Nov 2019
Thailand
Thank you @Siddhanta108 for this more detailed information about the term Hinduism.
If all Abrahamic religions would come together to one God and recognize that their respective traditions are only different ways to absolute truth, then you would have a situation comparable to Hinduism.
That is also my understanding of one of the beautiful cores of the Bah'ai Faith:

The realization that basically all religions over the world are different ways to the truth of God.

Even... if they not sharing the same scriptures and "Masters", and using different terminology because of ie. the different culture.

Oct 2019
Vrindavan
Yes, but the Baha'i faith is just another variation of Abrahamism. A new prophet with new holy books. With own interpretations of the other religions. And in the practical implementation I experience in many discussions how the members of the other religions are to be converted to the Baha'i faith. In India, however, no Shivaist would try to convert a Vaishnava or Vedantist to Shivaism, arguing that Shiva is the real God and Revelation the real true. The Baha'i religion has certain approaches, but in practice it is far too rooted in the exclusive monotheism identified by Jan Assmann and therefore does not go beyond it. The real step has only been taken when Baha'i withdraws from the claim that Baha'u'llah is the prophet for the present time. As long as this exclusivism is not overcome, the step of unity is not done.

ams

Nov 2019
Thailand
Hi Siddhanta... from my personal view... i see the Bah'ai Faith as a (God given) important "parallel update" to the 3 main abrahamic religion.

In other words: The Bah'ai Faith says: "Lets stop fighting. All our Prophets point to the same god of all people over the world"

In many clear words.

Because of the many many fights over the history... this update was very important.

Also the equality of women and men teaching was very important.

I agree with you: "A new prophet with new holy books. With own interpretations of the other religions."

For me that is ok. I very welcome the Bah'ai update for the above reasons.

Sure... there may some points where i'm not 100% in agreement (ie: Reincarnation) ...
but the above points is - imho - currently very more important for the Abrahamism then teachings of Reincarnation.

In other words: "First solid peace, unity and equality of men and women in Abrahamism. Then all other" :)

Reactions: Siddhanta108
Oct 2019
Vrindavan
It is not about questions of detail like reincarnation, which is not part of the Abrahamic revelations, but about the relationship of the religions to each other. Already Islam declared to be the religion for all believers before the Baha'i did. All Abrahamic religions saw the peace of the people forfeited when the believers were converted to the respective religion. The idea of the update goes in the same direction. There is no need for an update if all Abrahamic religions understand themselves as expressions of the same truth and give up all exclusive thinking.

Aug 2019
Berlin
@Siddhanta108

This is a really difficult subject. My impression is that Baha'u'llah's texts contain the call to the faithful:

To consider all manifestations of God, prophets, avatars or founders of religions as essentially identical, the effect of which continues to this day through the Holy Scriptures of the religions.

To refrain from any individual quotations of the Holy Books if they could serve to call into question the aforementioned position of a manifestation.

Interestingly, Baha'i are not called upon to impersonate themselves as authorities and to convey their interpretations as valid statements to other people, nor should they place the statements of Baha'i believers who give a lecture above their own interpretation of the Holy Scriptures.

To highlight the commonalities of the religions. On an intellectual level this succeeds only conditionally and I think someone who already has the knowledge of common revelation no longer needs the scriptures. The writings of Baha'u'llah are a help.

The fascinating thing is: all the requirements that Baha'u'llah makes a discussion in an internet forum almost impossible. And if one takes these guidelines seriously, then our communication behavior with believers of other religions might look quite different.