Chinese destroy crosses

Dec 2015
N Ireland
According to US based charity China Aid, Chinese authorities have removed crosses from the top of 2,000 churches and a Protestant pastor has been sentenced to 12 years imprisonment for arranging protests against this practice:confused:

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
According to US based charity China Aid, Chinese authorities have removed crosses from the top of 2,000 churches and a Protestant pastor has been sentenced to 12 years imprisonment for arranging protests against this practice:confused:
China will be a challenge to us all as the future unfolds. This a sign of what is to come.

Regards Tony

Sep 2010
then Iran is not alone in its intolerance!
This is so maryamr - Intolerance is rising daily around the world in many ways!

We all pray that we soon come to know it is our Unity that is required.

God Bless and Regards Tony

Dec 2015
N Ireland
With a population of approx 3 billion, millions of Chinese Christians face persecution

Apr 2011
Hyrule
This is my first time reading about this. Strange. I've been to Wangfujing Catholic Church many times. Note it still has crosses. It is a walk away from Tiananmen Square and other government buildings. Here's a pic:

Dec 2015
N Ireland
Of course reports may be exaggerated although I gather it's mainly rural areas. I suppose the Chinese would be unlikely to deface a church in Tiannamen Square

Sep 2010
This is my first time reading about this. Strange. I've been to Wangfujing Catholic Church many times. Note it still has crosses. It is a walk away from Tiananmen Square and other government buildings.
Wenzhou protester hospitalized as cross demolitions turn violent - China Aid

(Wenzhou, Zhejiang—March 29, 2016) Authorities demolished more than a dozen church crosses in China’s coastal Zhejiang in the past week, and altercations with protesting church members grew violent to the point of hospitalization on at least one occasion.

Onlookers gather near Shangen Church's cross after authorities removed it. Photo: China Aid Since 2014, the prefecture-level city of Wenzhou, Zhejiang has been the focus of a massive “beautification” campaign known as “Three Rectifications and One Demolition.” Over the course of the campaign, Wenzhou authorities have demolished more than 2,000 church crosses, often claiming that the structures are illegally constructed.

Regards Tony