Christmas is for Baha'is too

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
Of course you would not ridicule Islamic dogma. Deny…..certainly, but never ridicule. That is precisely my stance vis-à-vis the faith of the Baha’i. By the way, I would never say of those who deny my religion that they are ‘blind and ignoble people.’ (Kitab-i-iquan; Part 2. Page 99) Have a good day, and very best regards, Paul.
Dear Paul - These comments are directed at the Divines that hold the responsibility of teaching the Word of God with Justice and Fairness.

I would ask how many Koran passages do you think I will find if I looked, where Muhummad Rebuked the Wayward Generation that receives His message?

You will also find Christ did the same.

Regards Tony

Mar 2013
CA
Because I'm a member :rolleyes::D
;) gotcha... lol

I remember as a teen I went through a significant atheist phase. I used to chat in an atheist chatroom, and thsee ChristIan and Muslim folks would come into our chat a lot. It seemed either to argue for fun or to convert people/save souls.

Well, even though I was a staunch nonbeliever I found myself spending more time in their religious chats and eventually had to admit that deep down I wanted to be there even though I didn't believe. I wanted to believe what they believed but struggled with it. I was attracted to it even though it didn't fully compute in my head.

So just thought you might be in the same boat. It's why I still post here even though I'm not a declared Baha'i. I struggle with it (though less so these days) yet I can't deny the attraction.

Oct 2014
Stockholm
By the way, I would never say of those who deny my religion that they are ‘blind and ignoble people.’ (Kitab-i-iquan; Part 2. Page 99).

Paul.
And I wouldn't either. It seems like the Manifestations of God have ways, inscrutable to the rest of us.

gnat

Jun 2015
Dear Paul - These comments are directed at the Divines that hold the responsibility of teaching the Word of God with Justice and Fairness.

I would ask how many Koran passages do you think I will find if I looked, where Muhummad Rebuked the Wayward Generation that receives His message?

You will also find Christ did the same.

Regards Tony
Hi Tony,

Many thanks.

Have a great week, and very best regards,

Paul

Jun 2015
;) gotcha... lol

I remember as a teen I went through a significant atheist phase. I used to chat in an atheist chatroom, and thsee ChristIan and Muslim folks would come into our chat a lot. It seemed either to argue for fun or to convert people/save souls.

Well, even though I was a staunch nonbeliever I found myself spending more time in their religious chats and eventually had to admit that deep down I wanted to be there even though I didn't believe. I wanted to believe what they believed but struggled with it. I was attracted to it even though it didn't fully compute in my head.

So just thought you might be in the same boat. It's why I still post here even though I'm not a declared Baha'i. I struggle with it (though less so these days) yet I can't deny the attraction.
Hello Rose (my Mother’s name, by the way).

I don’t argue for fun these days (used to….rather a lot… when younger); and I certainly have no intention of ‘converting people’ or ‘saving souls’. God forbid!

No. I came here by the invitation of Dr. Susan Maneck (not one of her better decisions, some might say); and I remain because I like the people - even the very few who drive me nuts at times (perhaps especially them); because - even at the age of seventy - I love to learn, and to share the experiences of other people; because debate (or rather the research necessary for debate) is great exercise for the brain; and because I admire people who are committed to a particular religion, and who are enthusiastic for it. The fact that I don’t agree with all - perhaps most - of their beliefs is not a problem; at least not for me. The one difficulty I have is when I’m asked to comment on a particular Islamic (or Christian) doctrine that is in direct opposition to the teachings of the Baha’i. I was once accused (a long time ago, and rightly) of being as ‘subtle as a brick’. Age has brought a certain mellowness, but I still tend to ‘tell it as it is’, and am not always mindful of the feelings of others. Most of the time my method is to first write my post; then sit on it for a day or two; then edit out any ‘bricky’ bits; and then send it. This seems to work pretty well. The trouble comes when I rush it, and when the ‘bricky’ bits get posted too! ‘Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit’…………as we used to say when I was a Buff. In short, I stay with this site because I enjoy it.

Have a great day, and very best regards.

Paul

Last edited:
Jun 2015
And I wouldn't either. It seems like the Manifestations of God have ways, inscrutable to the rest of us.

gnat
Indeed.

God willing, my wife and I will be in Bergen on the 14th of January. Going for a boat trip up the Norwegian coast to some place or other near the Russian border, and back again. I'll wave in the general direction of Stockholm before landing at the airport. Keep an eye out for us :cool:

Have a great week, and very best regards.

Paul

Last edited:
Oct 2014
Stockholm
Indeed.

God willing, my wife and I will be in Bergen on the 14th of January. Going for a boat trip up the Norwegian coast to some place or other near the Russian border, and back again. I'll wave in the general direction of Stockholm before landing at the airport. Keep an eye out for us :cool:

Have a great week, and very best regards.

Paul
Sounds great, if you're fond of snow, icy winds and complete darkness. Meanwhile, I'll look around to see if I can find some ‘blind and ignoble people.’

Best

from

gnat

Jul 2014
colorado/summer-Oklahoma/winter
My husband and I put on a substantial Christmas brunch for our community at the community center. Everybody in the surrounding area is welcome to come and enjoy fellowship and good food. Many people don't have anyone to spend the holiday with or enough food to eat. It is a wonderful way for this Baha'i to spend Christmas. When family visits, they pitch in and help, so they share in the Blessings of service, too.
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Loving Baha'i regards,
Becky