Comforter and Prince of Truth

Oct 2019
Vrindavan
If we understand revelation as a reality that goes hand in hand with knowledge, then we can understand why there are different understandings of revelation. We speak of revelation when a person gains knowledge.

Where no knowledge is attained, we do not speak of revelation. It does not only have to be the revelations of the religions, it is also the small "aha" effects in daily life. On the other hand, we also do not speak of knowledge when something does not reveal itself to us.

The lack of understanding for the revelations of other people is always connected with the fact that we lack the knowledge that would let us speak of a revelation. It becomes difficult when we think that earlier revelations are for people who are not so far developed. If these revelations are more profound from the point of view of the people who had a certain insight, we quickly act like people with a lesser development. Then we ourselves seem like rednecks.

In the discussion it was said that Christians misinterpret the Bible. The question would be how someone would determine that the interpretation is wrong. If one does not have knowledge of biblical hermeneutics, biblical science, or ancient languages, such statements quickly work like those of the past, when believing people without any scientific expertise proudly proclaimed that the world was created in six days.

Basically, this problem can only be avoided if one has an open ear for the understanding of religion of other people. The attempt to impose one's own supposed revelation (does it really have to do with knowledge or is it only an imitation or adaptation within the framework of social group structures?) on other people and to perceive it differently from oneself is indeed tradition in Abrahamic religions, but has not brought us forward in intercultural and interreligious dialogue, rather the opposite.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
The text of the Universal House of Justice says:
Yes, I recall reading that every nation has had a Messenger.
On the relativity of time and age: Baha'u'llah as the manifestation of God appeared in a certain period of time named in his Revelation.

But there is another time period in the Indian scriptures for the current age (Kali Yuga), this age goes from about 3000 BC to 427000 AD. This age has a Yuga Avatar who is the current manifestation of God for this age in this cultural context.

So, the question of the Manifestation of God depends on time and culture.
You are saying that Manifestations of God can run concurrently. That is not a teaching of the Baha'i Faith, which teaches progressive revelation. Can you understand the problems that could cause to have more than one Manifestation of God people follow at the same time? Why not just tell Christians that Jesus is still the Way to the Father, because they believe He will reign forever?

And of course the bigger problem is that as long as people believe that they have a Manifestation of God that is valid for this age they will not be seeking or following Baha'u'llah, so what are we to make of what Baha'u'llah wrote about that?

“He is indeed as one dead who, at the wondrous dawn of this Revelation, hath failed to be quickened by its soul-stirring breeze. He is indeed a captive who hath not recognized the Supreme Redeemer, but hath suffered his soul to be bound, distressed and helpless, in the fetters of his desires.

O My servants! Whoso hath tasted of this Fountain hath attained unto everlasting Life, and whoso hath refused to drink therefrom is even as the dead. Say: O ye workers of iniquity! Covetousness hath hindered you from giving a hearing ear unto the sweet voice of Him Who is the All-Sufficing. Wash it away from your hearts, that His Divine secret may be made known unto you. Behold Him manifest and resplendent as the sun in all its glory.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 169

“The Book of God is wide open, and His Word is summoning mankind unto Him. No more than a mere handful, however, hath been found willing to cleave to His Cause, or to become the instruments for its promotion. These few have been endued with the Divine Elixir that can, alone, transmute into purest gold the dross of the world, and have been empowered to administer the infallible remedy for all the ills that afflict the children of men. No man can obtain everlasting life, unless he embraceth the truth of this inestimable, this wondrous, and sublime Revelation.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 183

“Incline your ears to the sweet melody of this Prisoner. Arise, and lift up your voices, that haply they that are fast asleep may be awakened. Say: O ye who are as dead! The Hand of Divine bounty proffereth unto you the Water of Life. Hasten and drink your fill. Whoso hath been re-born in this Day, shall never die; whoso remaineth dead, shall never live.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 213

That also begs the question of who is actually a Manifestation of God. Anyone can say they are a Manifestation of God but that does not make them one. Believers can also exalt a man to that level, but unless God chose and appointed Him, He is not a Manifestation of God.

I guess this is a question that would best be asked of the UHJ because they have access to all the Writings so no doubt there are things we have never read.

Oct 2019
Vrindavan
Hello Trailblazer,

My recommendation to you would be to research the history of religions and to compare Eastern and Western ones. Problems like crusades, holy wars, conflicts between people of different religious beliefs have always arisen where a group tried to present its founder as the only way to the truth, where they thought that there is only one Manifestation of God and this Manifestation is binding for all people. Where people accepted that there are several approaches to the truth and that different Prophets provide this access, there have never been the religious problems of strife and discord that we know from European and Arab history. Several Prophets are not a problem, the problem only starts where believers do not accept that their Prophet is not the only way. If there is a manifestation like Baha'u'llah that teaches religious peace, then it is necessary for people who think exclusively to pacify them. Other people who do not think exclusively and already live religious peace have already achieved the religious progress that Baha'u'llah taught. I recommend that you study the books of Jan Assmann, a German religious and cultural scientist. His elaborations are excellent for understanding different religious concepts and their consequences.

Have a good day, Siddhanta

Aug 2019
Berlin
You are saying that Manifestations of God can run concurrently. That is not a teaching of the Baha'i Faith, which teaches progressive revelation. Can you understand the problems that could cause to have more than one Manifestation of God people follow at the same time? Why not just tell Christians that Jesus is still the Way to the Father, because they believe He will reign forever?
What would be the problem if a Christian remained faithful to his covenant with Jesus Christ? The problems only start where he thinks I have to follow his faith, or I try to convert him to my faith. But if we are both convinced that it is the same God who is behind both our beliefs, that both our beliefs are inspired by the Word of God and take the other completely seriously in his religion, where is the Problem?

And of course the bigger problem is that as long as people believe that they have a Manifestation of God that is valid for this age they will not be seeking or following Baha'u'llah
Where is the problem when a person is tolerant, peaceful, devot, godly and selfless? There are statements in the Baha'i scriptures that someone can be a good Baha'i if he behaves like a Baha'i, even if he has never heard the name Baha'u'llah. It's not about lip service.

When I think of the devotions of our friends, there is no problem at all. Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Deists, Bahais take part. There is no problem, because in these devotions the spirit of a common reality prevails. If someone would start the discussion about people having to accept Baha'u'llah, this devotion would be quickly destroyed and the step from unity to separation would be made:

"The purpose of religion, as revealed from the heaven of the holy will of God, is to create unity and concord among the peoples of the world; it does not make it the cause of discord and strife. (Bahá'u'lláh, Messages from Akka)

"If religion becomes the cause of aversion, hatred, and division, it would be better to be without it, and to withdraw from such a religion would be a truly religious step." (Abdu'l-Bahá)

Where is the qualitative difference between Jesus Christ and Baha'u'llah? From my point of view there is none. They are both qualitatively one. What ethical innovations did Baha'u'llah bring from your point of view that it would be necessary to change the Prophet?
It is still unclear to me why someone should change from a profound knowledge/revelation, which has a completely different quality, from an epistemological to a purely quantitative renewal, if it does not provide any other ethical impulse? Please think about the fact, that for Christians the revelation of Jesus Christ is not a question of commandments, rules and new laws, but explicitly about moral behaviour towards one's neighbour.

Last edited:
Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
Where is the qualitative difference between Jesus Christ and Baha'u'llah? From my point of view there is none.
Both are correct. There is none, but at the same time Jesus the Christ the 'Son of God' promised that if He went away, He would send the Father. Baha'u'llah is that promise of Christ, the 'Glory of God', the Father.

Thus it can be seen, that to be true to the Covenant given by Jesus Christ, that acceptance of the Father is part of that Covenant.

Genesis 17:7"I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your descendants after you."

More _ 21 Bible verses about The Eternal Covenant

Faith should unite us and yes it should never divide. Names are not the barrier, unless we use them that way.

Regards Tony

Reactions: Trailblazer
Aug 2019
Berlin
Dear Tony,

I'm sure you mean the verse from the gospel of John. There Jesus does not say that he is sending the Father. But that he sends the Spirit of truth. This does not mean the Father or a prophet, but will be describe by Abdu'l-Bahá in Some Answered Questions on page 285: It describes the final stage of the knowledge that lies behind the words. Man cannot attain this from within himself, he needs the Spirit of Truth in order to attain the ultimate truth. This does not mean any further prophets, after all Jesus speaks to the disciples. The idea that Jesus sends the disciples a helper who appears centuries later is not very plausible. What a miserable promise it would be to send people a helper who would not come after all? The Holy Spirit comes a short time later at Pentecost. That is why Pentecost is considered the unofficial founding date of Christianity. This spirit still exists today and continues to provide inspiration. Just as Baha'u'llah was inspired by the Spirit of Truth.

Best Regards, Certitude

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
Dear Tony,

I'm sure you mean the verse from the gospel of John. There Jesus does not say that he is sending the Father. But that he sends the Spirit of truth. This does not mean the Father or a prophet, but will be describe by Abdu'l-Bahá in Some Answered Questions on page 285: It describes the final stage of the knowledge that lies behind the words. Man cannot attain this from within himself, he needs the Spirit of Truth in order to attain the ultimate truth. This does not mean any further prophets, after all Jesus speaks to the disciples. The idea that Jesus sends the disciples a helper who appears centuries later is not very plausible. What a miserable promise it would be to send people a helper who would not come after all? The Holy Spirit comes a short time later at Pentecost. That is why Pentecost is considered the unofficial founding date of Christianity. This spirit still exists today and continues to provide inspiration. Just as Baha'u'llah was inspired by the Spirit of Truth.

Best Regards, Certitude
I see in those passages what was previously offered;

John 14:15-31 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

Notice verse 20.

I see in that passage the Advocate is the Father.

Regards Tony

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
What would be the problem if a Christian remained faithful to his covenant with Jesus Christ?
Well, for one thing that Christians could not be faithful to the Covenant of Baha’u’llah, because those Covenants are decidedly different.

Also, that Christian would never be able to recognize Baha’u’llah for who He was, the return of the Christ Spirit, the Comforter and the Spirit of truth and the Messiah who will bring in the Messianic Age.
both our beliefs are inspired by the Word of God and take the other completely seriously in his religion, where is the Problem?
The problem is that the Dispensation of Jesus Christ has been unconditionally abrogated by the Revelation of Baha’u’llah, so that Christians is living in the past.
God Passes By, p. 100

Even more troublesome it is if that Christians is one of the many who are waiting for the same Jesus to return from the clouds, that is not going to ever happen, so that person is living in a fantasy world.. Moreover, if he is waiting for Jesus to return and fix everything that is wrong in the world they have no reason to help the Cause of Baha’u’llah. This is logic 101 stuff.
Where is the problem when a person is tolerant, peaceful, devot, godly and selfless? There are statements in the Baha'i scriptures that someone can be a good Baha'i if he behaves like a Baha'i, even if he has never heard the name Baha'u'llah. It's not about lip service.
I know about those statements and they are in Baha’u’llah and the New Era, but Esselmont goes on to say:

“One who does not know God’s Messengers, however, is like a plant growing in the shade. Although it knows not the sun, it is, nevertheless, absolutely dependent on it. The great Prophets are spirits suns, and Bahá’u’lláh is the sun of this “day” in which we live. The suns of former days have warmed and vivified the world, and had those suns not shone, the earth would not be cold and dead, but it is the sunshine of today that alone can ripen the fruits which the suns of former days have kissed into life.”
Bahá’u’lláh and the New Era, p. 72

Logically speaking if the adherents to all the older religions remain in their older religions they will never become Baha’is, and that Baha’i Faith will never grow any larger, more logic 101. If Baha’u’llah did not think it *mattered* if His Faith grew, why do we have so many injunctions to proclaim the Faith and teach the Cause. In Gleanings alone, I once counted 101 instances wherein Baha’u’llah enjoins us to proclaim and teach the Cause.
When I think of the devotions of our friends, there is no problem at all. Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Deists, Bahais take part. There is no problem, because in these devotions the spirit of a common reality prevails. If someone would start the discussion about people having to accept Baha'u'llah, this devotion would be quickly destroyed and the step from unity to separation would be made:

"The purpose of religion, as revealed from the heaven of the holy will of God, is to create unity and concord among the peoples of the world; it does not make it the cause of discord and strife. (Bahá'u'lláh, Messages from Akka)

"If religion becomes the cause of aversion, hatred, and division, it would be better to be without it, and to withdraw from such a religion would be a truly religious step." (Abdu'l-Bahá)
You can always find quotes to support your position but I can find more to support my position, although I do not want to argue over this. Sadly, I think too many Baha’is are codependent and afraid to explain to other religious believers why the Cause of Baha’u’llah is so important to be a part of. Either they are afraid of being met with resistance or afraid of offending someone, but if one is tactful that does not have to be the case.

A person can teach the Faith without causing division and strife and leave it in the hands of God and the recipient of the message as to whether they have an interest in learning more. It is difficult enough for the Baha’i Faith to grow but it is impossible if Baha’is do not even think that is important.

“Say: Teach ye the Cause of God, O people of Bahá, for God hath prescribed unto every one the duty of proclaiming His Message, and regardeth it as the most meritorious of all deeds. Such a deed is acceptable only when he that teacheth the Cause is already a firm believer in God, the Supreme Protector, the Gracious, the Almighty. He hath, moreover, ordained that His Cause be taught through the power of men’s utterance, and not through resort to violence. Thus hath His ordinance been sent down from the Kingdom of Him Who is the Most Exalted, the All-Wise. Beware lest ye contend with any one, nay, strive to make him aware of the truth with kindly manner and most convincing exhortation. If your hearer respond, he will have responded to his own behoof, and if not, turn ye away from him, and set your faces towards God’s sacred Court, the seat of resplendent holiness.

Dispute not with any one concerning the things of this world and its affairs, for God hath abandoned them to such as have set their affection upon them. Out of the whole world He hath chosen for Himself the hearts of men—hearts which the hosts of revelation and of utterance can subdue. Thus hath it been ordained by the Fingers of Bahá, upon the Tablet of God’s irrevocable decree, by the behest of Him Who is the Supreme Ordainer, the All-Knowing.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 278-279

“Consort with all men, O people of Bahá, in a spirit of friendliness and fellowship. If ye be aware of a certain truth, if ye possess a jewel, of which others are deprived, share it with them in a language of utmost kindliness and good-will. If it be accepted, if it fulfil its purpose, your object is attained. If anyone should refuse it, leave him unto himself, and beseech God to guide him. Beware lest ye deal unkindly with him. A kindly tongue is the lodestone of the hearts of men. It is the bread of the spirit, it clotheth the words with meaning, it is the fountain of the light of wisdom and understanding….”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 289

Where is the qualitative difference between Jesus Christ and Baha'u'llah? From my point of view there is none. They are both qualitatively one. What ethical innovations did Baha'u'llah bring from your point of view that it would be necessary to change the Prophet?
If it was not necessary to have a new Prophet then God would not have sent a new Prophet.

“The Bearers of the Trust of God are made manifest unto the peoples of the earth as the Exponents of a new Cause and the Revealers of a new Message. Inasmuch as these Birds of the celestial Throne are all sent down from the heaven of the Will of God, and as they all arise to proclaim His irresistible Faith, they, therefore, are regarded as one soul and the same person. For they all drink from the one Cup of the love of God, and all partake of the fruit of the same Tree of Oneness.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 50

“The All-Knowing Physician hath His finger on the pulse of mankind. He perceiveth the disease, and prescribeth, in His unerring wisdom, the remedy. Every age hath its own problem, and every soul its particular aspiration. The remedy the world needeth in its present-day afflictions can never be the same as that which a subsequent age may require. Be anxiously concerned with the needs of the age ye live in, and center your deliberations on its exigencies and requirements.”

Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 213

However, we are admonished not to exalt any one Messenger over any other, as they were all part of God’s Purpose for humanity:

"Beware, O believers in the Unity of God, lest ye be tempted to make any distinction between any of the Manifestations of His Cause, or to discriminate against the signs that have accompanied and proclaimed their Revelation. This indeed is the true meaning of Divine Unity, if ye be of them that apprehend and believe this truth. Be ye assured, moreover, that the works and acts of each and every one of these Manifestations of God, nay whatever pertaineth unto them, and whatsoever they may manifest in the future, are all ordained by God, and are a reflection of His Will and Purpose. Whoso maketh the slightest possible difference between their persons, their words, their messages, their acts and manners, hath indeed disbelieved in God, hath repudiated His signs, and betrayed the Cause of His Messengers.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 59-60

Baha’u’llah did not come to bring any *new* ethical innovations. Shoghi Effendi did a nice job of explaining the difference in the missions of Jesus, Muhammad and Baha’u’llah. Here are some excerpts from that chapter.

The Revelation associated with the Faith of Jesus Christ focused attention primarily on the redemption of the individual and the molding of his conduct, and stressed, as its central theme, the necessity of inculcating a high standard of morality and discipline into man, as the fundamental unit in human society. Nowhere in the Gospels do we find any reference to the unity of nations or the unification of mankind as a whole. When Jesus spoke to those around Him, He addressed them primarily as individuals rather than as component parts of one universal, indivisible entity.......

The Faith of Islám, the succeeding link in the chain of Divine Revelation, introduced, as Bahá’u’lláh Himself testifies, the conception of the nation as a unit and a vital stage in the organization of human society, and embodied it in its teaching. This indeed is what is meant by this brief yet highly significant and illuminating pronouncement of Bahá’u’lláh: “Of old [Islamic Dispensation] it hath been revealed: ‘Love of one’s country is an element of the Faith of God.’” This principle was established and stressed by the Apostle of God, inasmuch as the evolution of human society required it at that time. Nor could any stage above and beyond it have been envisaged, as world conditions preliminary to the establishment of a superior form of organization were as yet unobtainable. The conception of nationality, the attainment to the state of nationhood, may, therefore, be said to be the distinguishing characteristics of the MuHammadan Dispensation, in the course of which the nations and races of the world, and particularly in Europe and America, were unified and achieved political independence.....

“One of the great events,” ‘Abdu’l-Bahá has, in His “Some Answered Questions,” affirmed, “which is to occur in the Day of the manifestation of that Incomparable Branch [Bahá’u’lláh] is the hoisting of the Standard of God among all nations. By this is meant that all nations and kindreds will be gathered together under the shadow of this Divine Banner, which is no other than the Lordly Branch itself, and will become a single nation. Religious and sectarian antagonism, the hostility of races and peoples, and differences among nations, will be eliminated. All men will adhere to one religion, will have one common faith, will be blended into one race, and become a single people.
All will dwell in one common fatherland, which is the planet itself.” The Promised Day Is Come, pp. 119-121
It is still unclear to me why someone should change from a profound knowledge/revelation, which has a completely different quality, from an epistemological to a purely quantitative renewal, if it does not provide any other ethical impulse? Please think about the fact, that for Christians the revelation of Jesus Christ is not a question of commandments, rules and new laws, but explicitly about moral behaviour towards one's neighbour.
There is no reason why Christians cannot continue to follow the moral and ethical standards that Jesus taught, but those are no different from what Baha’u’llah has revealed. Baha’u’llah renewed and reiterated what Jesus said and that was what Jesus said He would do:

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

However, as you must know the Baha’i Laws are not the same as the laws set forth in the Old Testament or the New Testament. I think somewhere Baha’u’llah wrote that the Laws are the *choice wine* of His Revelation, so that means they are very important.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
It just so happens that I have had a very serious debate going on with a Trinitarian Christian on my forum so I have had the occasion to study certain parts of the Bible very thoroughly. This debate has been going on for five years and it is still going on but we have become friends and we remain friends. Anyhow, I wrote this up about a week ago in response to something we were discussing. There is a lot more I could share since I have it all saved in Word documents, but this is the best synopsis I have ever written.

The Advocate (which is the same as the Comforter, depending upon which Bible translation you read) is the Holy Spirit that the Father sent to Baha’u’llah to teach all things and bring everything Jesus said to remembrance.

John 14:26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Please note the following verses, and they must be read in sequence. In John 14:16 Jesus says He will give you another Comforter. Jesus was the FIRST Comforter, Baha’u’llah was another Comforter. Then the next verse says Even the Spirit of truth, but that verse is not identifying the Spirit of truth as the Holy Spirit. Otherwise it would not have said “even.”

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for hedwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

The Advocate/Comforter are also titles for the ones who brought the Holy Spirit (Jesus and Baha’u’llah) but the Spirit of truth is a special designation that only refers to Baha’u’llah, and that is why it says “even.”That is also why it sayswhom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not”, since the world was not ready to SEE Baha’u’llah when that was written.

Baha’u’llah was the one who testified of Jesus and that is one way we know these He was the Spirit of truth. Referring to Jesus as the Son of Man, Baha’u’llah wrote:

“We testify that when He came into the world, He shed the splendor of His glory upon all created things. Through Him the leper recovered from the leprosy of perversity and ignorance. Through Him, the unchaste and wayward were healed. Through His power, born of Almighty God, the eyes of the blind were opened, and the soul of the sinner sanctified.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 86

The Christians are right that the Advocate/Comforter is the Holy Spirit that was sent to the disciples at Pentecost.

Acts 2:1-4 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

I know that is true because it is in the Baha’i Writings:

24: THE DESCENT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT UPON THE APOSTLES

But nowhere in the Bible does it SAY that verses in John 14, 15 and 16 were referring to the same event as Pentecost(Acts 2:1-4). The Holy Spirit is the Bounty of God so it is not limited to one occurrence since God has unlimited Bounty. Another Comforter means Jesus would send the Comforter (Holy Spirit) another time.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

We know that another Comforter will come in the FUTURE becauseJohn 16:12 says “but ye cannot bear them now.” We also know that another Comforter who will come in the future is called the Spirit of truth and that He will guide us to all truth, not speak of himself; but speak what he hears from God and speak of things to come…. Baha’u’llah was the Spirit of truth and He DID all these things.

John 16:12-13 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

So you were right, that the Advocate is the Holy Spirit because John 14:26 says that, but you are wrong to say that the Spirit of truth is the Holy Spirit because John 14:17 and John 15:26 differentiate the Advocate from the Spirit of truth.

The Advocate IS the Holy Spirit, and the Spirit of Truth IS associated WITH the Holy Spirit, but the Spirit of Truth is not the Holy Spirit; it is a title that was given to the man who would BRING the Holy Spirit in the future and that was Baha’u’llah. The name Baha’u’llah was not in the Bible because the name had not even been given to Him until after He was identified as the Messiah/Return of the Christ Spirit by the Bab, His forerunner.

Aug 2019
Berlin
The problem is that the Dispensation of Jesus Christ has been unconditionally abrogated by the Revelation of Baha’u’llah, so that Christians is living in the past.
I had explained to you in the mail why the Baha'i view will not convince a Christian. Because it does not reflect the Christian revelation, but continues an Islamic understanding of revelation, a purely quantitative view of prophets.
Christian revelation assumes that God revealed Himself in Jesus Christ. Beyond that there can be no revelation. It is logical that there can be no revelation beyond the essence of God. A new prophet cannot correct the essence of God, he can at best bring a message that corresponds to the essence of God. I had explained that to you. Now you say that the Dispensation of Jesus Christ has been unconditionall abrogated. That makes no logical sense. How can the revelation of the being of God be abolished? That is completely illogical.

Even more troublesome it is if that Christians is one of the many who are waiting for the same Jesus to return from the clouds, that is not going to ever happen, so that person is living in a fantasy world.. Moreover, if he is waiting for Jesus to return and fix everything that is wrong in the world they have no reason to help the Cause of Baha’u’llah. This is logic 101 stuff.
I don't know what other religious influence you have in talking about Christians with such a disrespectful and distorted assessment. It is unbelievably hypocritical to produce such statements and then claim that you are concerned about the unity of religions. The truth is that you want people to follow your religion because your ego can't bear that there may be other alternatives.

I have no idea why you believe that Christianity consists of waiting for anything. Christians wait for nothing, they already have a connection to the living God, as they say. Long before Baha'i existed, Christianity took care of things like providing for the poor. Social sacrifice is an important issue. How many hospitals have Baha'i founded in the world? How many people received practical help? If there is an example of practical work for others, it is Christianity.

The only thing you're doing here is attempted apologia. It has nothing to do with logic.

If it was not necessary to have a new Prophet then God would not have sent a new Prophet.
If there is no new message then it was also not necessary to send a new prophet and then the one who says to be a prophet is perhaps not a prophet.
Also from a Christian point of view Baha'u'llah might be a man with prophetic speech. Christians should pay attention to prophetic speeches because they point to God who revealed Himself for them in Jesus Christ. If Christians would now turn away from Jesus Christ, as you demand on the basis of your apologetics, then they would no longer have any basis for being able to recognize someone in Baha'u'llah who speaks prophetically. And then they would also not be able to recognize that what Baha'u'llah speaks is "good," because the yardstick for evaluating what is good is, for a Christian, the essence of God that has shown itself to him in Jesus Christ.

What I have tried to convey to you is that you will not convince a Christian unless you can tie in with the Christian understanding of revelation. How could the Christian believe that you have a new revelation if you have not even understood the old one? It's like someone who claims to want to go to grade 12 now, but has not yet finished grade 10. Logically this makes no sense.

Just as you will not convince a Christian to distance himself from the knowledge of God and simply follow a new prophet quantatively, you will not be able to build a bridge to Christians without a clear understanding of the Christian conviction just by repeating inflationary quotations from Baha'u'llah. You need a logical argument and this must tie in with the knowledge of the Christian faith.

Baha’u’llah did not come to bring any *new* ethical innovations.
Yes, that is true, and that is the reason why the statement that the revelation of Jesus Christ was abolished makes no real sense. You say the revelation was abrogated and at the same time you say Baha'u'llah has brought no ethical innovations. But if Baha'u'llah did not bring any innovations, it means that the revelation of Jesus Christ is still valid. And this, too, if one takes the Christian point of view, is logical: from a Christian point of view there can be no prophecy that proclaims anything other than the essence of God. And that is another reason why Baha'u'llah cannot bring ethical innovations.

Shoghi Effendi did a nice job of explaining the difference in the missions of Jesus, Muhammad and Baha’u’llah. Here are some excerpts from that chapter.
“The Revelation associated with the Faith of Jesus Christ focused attention primarily on the redemption of the individual and the molding of his conduct, and stressed, as its central theme, the necessity of inculcating a high standard of morality and discipline into man, as the fundamental unit in human society.
Shoghi Effendi obviously lacked the knowledge of the Christian faith. He says it is moral and disciplinary because that is the line of argument for the coming prophet. But Christianity was never about morality and discipline, quite the opposite. For Christians, Christianity is about the encounter with God in Jesus Christ, who for them, as already written, is the absolute yardstick in the evaluation of morality and prophecy. So it is not about the rules, but about the essence behind the rules. That is why a prophet who says he has new rules is not a continuation of Christian revelation.

Nowhere in the Gospels do we find any reference to the unity of nations or the unification of mankind as a whole. When Jesus spoke to those around Him, He addressed them primarily as individuals rather than as component parts of one universal, indivisible entity.......
That's not true. It's not. Again, Shoghi Effendi obviously never did any serious Bible study.

"For all of you are sons of God in Christ Jesus by faith. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There are no more Jews and Greeks, no more slaves and free men, no more men and women; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. But if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to the promise." Gal3,26-29

I think it's good to end this conversation. You should get closer to Christianity. The Baha'i faith says you should look for the truth. Your apologetics are not based on the search for the truth and not on knowledge, that is unfortunately a crucial problem.