consent for marriage-I can't have it! :(

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
thank you Romane, Blinkeybill, Eternalstudent, Rani and smiling skeptic

I am happy that in this world, full of difficulties, people still care for one another. and I am very happy that I can talk here because where I live, in my country, I can't reveal my religion. I sometimes have to lie for the fear of my life. when I see Baha'is living somewhere else and freely talking about their ideas and their religion, I feel really sorrowful because I can't do such things but then again, I know, in all situations God won't forget us. maybe that is my TEST once I have changed my religion. maybe I should be tested about how serious I am in my decision (and I am really serious, I can give my life for it).

Dear Rani I I know you have talked about escaping my country in order for my safety. I have the courage to do this and I also have the chance. the man I love has asked me to come here and take me with himself but can I put anyone's life in danger for my own sake? can I let my parents die of sorrow in order for my self to be safe and to reach my desires? If I say I believe in the power of God and in His Merci and if I say i love Baha'ullah and my religion, then how can I do this? how can I be that cruel to mt family (although they hurt my emotions and although they are too frightened to give their consent).... this is a tough situation, extremely difficult where I have no one around and where I have lost all my friends except one. where my once friends, now laugh at me because of my madness in loving a FOREIGNER WHO IS MUCH OLDER THAN ME these are all my difficulties in life.
Maybe I should wait for a miracle to get free and I continue praying. no one but God can help me. yet IF I know my problem of not being able to have my parents' consent can be solved using one of the mentioned parts in that letter from UHJ I would reallly be glad. I just don't want to break the rules I don't want to sacrifice my love for God and my life in the world hereafter for anything. I can't live without the man I love but maybe God has still miracles to perform....
Pray for me dear friends...
(P.S I had answered all your kind replies yesterday but because I am a new comer here, I didnt know that I should use the "quote" option to answer you. so none of my replies has been published here. thank you all my friends, again and again) :)

Last edited:
Oct 2013
Glenwood, Queensland, Australia
Maryamr, sister and friend

thanks a lot for your kind replies and for your help. yes. you are right; I have considered ALL aspects before ....
Your few words spoke from the spirit. My eyes read, my heart beat with joy, and my spirit exulted to its Lord that here is a true servant to the Blessed Beauty. Immediately to my mind there came these words from Baha'u'llah:

The fruits of the tree of existence are trustworthiness, loyalty,truthfulness and purity. After the recognition of the oneness of the Lord, exalted be He, the most important of all duties is to have due regard for the rights of one's parents. This matter hath been mentioned in all the Books of God.
(Bahá'u'lláh: Family Life, a compilation of the Universal House of Justice)

Beware lest ye commit that which would sadden the hearts of your fathers and mothers. Follow ye the path of Truth which indeed is a straight path. Should anyone give you a choice between the opportunity to render a service to Me and a service to them, choose ye to serve them, and let such service be a path leading you to Me. This is My exhortation and command unto thee. Observe therefore that which thy Lord, the Mighty, the Gracious, hath prescribed unto thee.
(Bahá'u'lláh: Family Life, a compilation of the Universal House of Justice)
Through the pain of your suffering, my certainty is that much good will come from your love for your parents, through your abiding love for Baha'u'llah.

You may in other posts come to realise that I have, so to speak, a bee in my bonnet. buzzbuzzbuzzbuzzbuzz :) This Faith is a practical Faith. If you are unable to teach directly, then by your deeds, by your attitudes, by the love you bear for God, by your kind words, you teach indirectly. If others fail to listen to the example of our Exemplar, 'Abdu'l-Baha, then you must, in your own way, become an example which others may wish to emulate. It does not need to be anything big - we none of us are 'Abdu'l-Baha, much as we strive to be like Him - but even the very little things, the tiny things, have a greater effect and influence than we can know, and they are noticed, when done for the Cause of God. And (Romane grinning broadly), all by being yourself. No fancy airs or high-faluting ways in this house.

By the sacrifice you make now, the Cause of God is strengthened around the world. And one day, that Light will penetrate within your own place of existence and rule the hearts. While in your personal predicament, indeed, God is the prayer-hearing and prayer-answering God.

There is a very short Prayer, details and stories of which are again circulating through the emails I receive daily. I would like to share it with you. Take a moment when in privacy to repeat it over and over and over and over again and again. If any wish, I can share the contents of this longish (longer than the last time it made the rounds) email via a thread, this one or another. I am willing to bet that it sounds better spoken/chanted in your native tongue than in the English tongue :noob: The prayer is simply:

"Ya Allah El-Mustagath"

There is a long story behind this prayer, and the capacity it holds.

With my warmest greetings

Romane

Last edited:
Oct 2013
Glenwood, Queensland, Australia
Good morning friend Rani

Maryamr referred to the letter issued by the Universal House of Justice, 19th January, 2010, which clarifies some situations where a child may seek to be free of the requirement to obtain parental consent for marriage.
This does clarify some of the aspects that would be covered by item 5 in the reasons regarding not needing parental consent. My thanks for posting it - do not remember this letter, but then, there is a lot I do not remember :(

With my warmest greetings

Romane

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
Dear Maryam, may I ask your age and the age of your lover?[/QUOTE]

Dear Aidan I am 27 but I would be glad not to reveal the age of the man I love. but is this REALLY important? yes, my parents and the society would say so. but once I KNOW we won't have problems considering the matter of age, then I no more care about it. I don't also care about appearance, nationality, wealth and etc...

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
Maryamr, sister and friend
Your few words spoke from the spirit. My eyes read, my heart beat with joy,...
Dear Romane, thanks a lot again and thank you for that beautiful short prayer; I had not heard about that, the one I always use is "Allaho Abha" but I am really glad to know this new one as well...

my hope and wish is for my situation not to get that difficult so as to make me sacrifice my love. this would be DEATH to me and the end of my life. I still pray and pray and pray. God is the most Merciful, the Most Exhaled :)