Dating over 50 - Questions

Dec 2013
alaska
Allah'u'Abha friends.
I have decided to jump back on the wagon and make an effort to find my life partner, however I am finding it exceptionally difficult. I live in a community that is not very active and quite small. To complicate things even further I relocated here from another state. My work life keeps me busy but I could technically travel to some larger communities to meet people but would this be socially acceptable? Dating web sites for Bahai's are equally awkward ...is this even a thing?

I joined a couple and have had little to no interest in my profile which makes me think maybe it is geared towards people who are quite younger. Or maybe it is just me haha...
thoughts?
recommendations?
anyone in the same boat?

Oct 2014
Stockholm
Dear Tahiri68,

Honestly, I think your problem mainly has to do with geography. Most people identifying as males (I believe that to be the correct expression these days :) ) are likely to live south of Canada and regard a day trip for a date in Alaska as a somewhat excessive expense.

Best,

from

gnat

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Dear Tahiri68,

Honestly, I think your problem mainly has to do with geography. Most people identifying as males (I believe that to be the correct expression these days :) ) are likely to live south of Canada and regard a day trip for a date in Alaska as a somewhat excessive expense.

Best,

from

gnat
But I would think that there would be more males than females in Alaska, given the occupations that are available up there that are mostly engaged in by men; logging, fishing, etc.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Allah'u'Abha friends.
I have decided to jump back on the wagon and make an effort to find my life partner, however I am finding it exceptionally difficult. I live in a community that is not very active and quite small. To complicate things even further I relocated here from another state. My work life keeps me busy but I could technically travel to some larger communities to meet people but would this be socially acceptable? Dating web sites for Bahai's are equally awkward ...is this even a thing?

I joined a couple and have had little to no interest in my profile which makes me think maybe it is geared towards people who are quite younger. Or maybe it is just me haha...
thoughts?
recommendations?
anyone in the same boat?
My brother who found himself a widower in his 60s went on EHarmony and found a Baha'i who he matched up with very well. They got married shortly thereafter and they are very happy together. Oddly, before that he was on a Baha'i dating service and he could not find anyone.

There are also online dating services that are only for those over 50.

Sep 2012
Panama
The idea is to not get discouraged but rather keep expanding your search.

There are 7+billion people in the world, half are men, about 0.5% Baha'i, a fifth in the right age group, you'll want the top ten percent income plus the be above average funny --you get the idea but that still leaves hundreds of these perfect mates in the the U.S. alone! To expand your search you can check out the rest of the world but u see my point, they're out there!

the trick is meeting 'em, online's good, conferences work, there are ways.

Oct 2014
Stockholm
Oh, dear! Why do I feel that the comments are a bit too instrumental for my taste? As if finding one's partner is a matter of statistics and socio-economic factors... But maybe that's the hard truth behind all the nice words about love that we're conditioned to believe in?

Best,

from

gnat

Dec 2013
alaska
Ironically enough, I relocated to Texas from Alaska.. which it goes with out saying in Alaska the geography is quite different/difficult. This small town in Texas does not have an active community and I suppose I could go to some of the larger communities and invite myself in lol.

Thanks for all the input.

Tahirih

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
Ironically enough, I relocated to Texas from Alaska.. which it goes with out saying in Alaska the geography is quite different/difficult. This small town in Texas does not have an active community and I suppose I could go to some of the larger communities and invite myself in lol.

Thanks for all the input.

Tahirih

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All the best Tahirih. I have a Daughter of the same name born in 1992 who has found no partner.

Be patient as God knows your heart, hopes and prayers. They will unfold in time, rest assured.

Regards Tony

Reactions: tahirih68
Oct 2014
Stockholm
All the best Tahirih. I have a Daughter of the same name born in 1992 who has found no partner.

Be patient as God knows your heart, hopes and prayers. They will unfold in time, rest assured.

Regards Tony
I've noticed that tendency. Lots of young Bahá'ís, who don't find partners. It puzzles me.

Buzz

from

gnat

Reactions: tonyfish58
Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
I've noticed that tendency. Lots of young Bahá'ís, who don't find partners. It puzzles me.

Buzz

from

gnat
I personally see expectation may be a barrier.

It is not easy for them now.

Regards Tony