Dating over 50 - Questions

Oct 2014
Stockholm
I personally see expectation may be a barrier.

It is not easy for them now.

Regards Tony
And, honestly, I see another barrier in the form of too strong attachment to the ways and habits of the local Bahá'í community and a reluctance to find one's own way of life.

gnat

Dec 2013
alaska
Certainly I can see how it would be difficult for youth to find a partner.
At my age however I think the obstacles are a bit different. One would hope that following Baha’i guidance there would be more successful marriages and longevity.
Regardless, my desire for a partner has a different objective than one who is building a life with a spouse and having children, settling down.

I am not in a rush of course, just wondering how many others are having the same difficulty.

Tahirih

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tonyfish58
Jul 2018
Tarshish, bound for Nineveh
Allah'u'Abha friends.
I have decided to jump back on the wagon and make an effort to find my life partner, however I am finding it exceptionally difficult. I live in a community that is not very active and quite small. To complicate things even further I relocated here from another state. My work life keeps me busy but I could technically travel to some larger communities to meet people but would this be socially acceptable? Dating web sites for Bahai's are equally awkward ...is this even a thing?

I joined a couple and have had little to no interest in my profile which makes me think maybe it is geared towards people who are quite younger. Or maybe it is just me haha...
thoughts?
recommendations?
anyone in the same boat?
Tahirih,

While I am in so position to advise you in this matter and I am not encouraging or discouraging you towards anything, BUT... I can say that I have known several Bahais who are happily married now, who lived in different states and even a different country at the time of their courtship.

Cheers

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
I've noticed that tendency. Lots of young Bahá'ís, who don't find partners. It puzzles me.

Buzz

from

gnat
Very true even in Iran. like, if you are a new Baha'i in Iran, you are not accepted as a "real/official" Baha'i in the body of the main Baha'i community. At the same time, you know that you are no more a Muslim either; so one lives somehow between earth and sky, not belonging to this or that group :D

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
Very true even in Iran. like, if you are a new Baha'i in Iran, you are not accepted as a "real/official" Baha'i in the body of the main Baha'i community. At the same time, you know that you are no more a Muslim either; so one lives somehow between earth and sky, not belonging to this or that group :D
Hard times maryamr, I wish you all the best and much happiness.

Also peace for all.

Regards Tony

Reactions: maryamr