Did Baha'u'llah Dance?

Feb 2014
Australia
What an interesting question- don't know the answer but wonder what brought on the question!!
I have no idea about the social conditions in those days and whether dancing at home was an activity in oriental families.

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
well, I think dancing at home, with wife, has not been a thing at time of Bahaullah in Iran. I cannot imagine it at all for Iran of those days, and even nowadays people do not dance together at home for no reason (or maybe they do and I am not aware!) but dancing, like romantic dancing is mostly a European thing in my view.
After all, I think He was so busy and had so many difficulties on and on and on that there was not really much time to just dance for no reason.

Jan 2014
Here
I can't imagine a life where there's no dancing! Dancing for no reason is a daily thing in my house! I don't think a day goes by without me dancing with my husband! Silly dancing, romantic dancing, all out dancing to loud music, it happens every day. I don't know if Bahaullah danced with his wives, it is an interesting question. I wonder what made you think of that Djg?

I hope he did, never dancing with ones spouse would be a bit sad. But maybe he was too preoccupied for that, or it wasn't culturally normal, who knows!

djg

Jul 2017
Denver, CO
I am not sure exactly what made me think of it. Clearly He has not forbidden dancing. I suppose it was an intellectual curiosity which drove me to ask the question.