Did Bahaullah say this?

Sep 2017
Earth
Being new to the Baha'i faith I'm studying the covenant .. Online there are some small groups who have their own interpretations .. This quote I came across is apparently from Bahaullah regarding abdul baha

'Verily, I have appointed One Who is the Center of My Covenant. All must obey Him; all must turn to Him; He is the Expounder of My Book, and He is informed of My purpose. All must turn to Him. Whatsoever He says is correct, for, verily, He knoweth the texts of My Book. Other than He, no one doth know My Book.'

However I'm wondering if someone can provide me the official tablet or book in which he wrote this because atm I can only find abdul baha quoting it .. Thanks

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
I guess that is correct. some days ago I read the Persian version of it. If I can find it, I will post it here. But what is wrong with saying it? I mean what is the question in it if Bahaullah has said this?

Sep 2017
Earth
Hi, thanks for the reply, I was just looking to find where Bahaullah said this as I could only find abdul baha quoting this from Bahaullah but could not find Bahaullah actually saying this himself in any of the writings I read that's all. And it would just confirm to me I am on the correct track of following abdul baha - shoghi effendi and the UHJ .. Thanks again God bless

Jul 2014
colorado/summer-Oklahoma/winter
I believe Abdu'l-Baha', when he says this, is reinforcing and interpreting what Baha'u'llah said in 'The World Order of Baha'u'llah.' Also from the Kitab-I-Aqdas, when He, Baha'u'llah, states Abdu'l-Baha' is the center of His covenant and the interpreter of His, Baha'u'llah's,word.

Last edited:

Jcc

Mar 2013
Edwardsville, Illinois, USA
Last edited:

djg

Jul 2017
Denver, CO
Indeed, peruse the Kitab-i-Ahd (Book of the Covenant,) as within it the Blessed Beauty's intention is made clear.

Jun 2009
earth
It is incumbent upon the Aghsan, the Afnan and My kindred to turn, one and all, their faces towards the Most Mighty Branch. Consider that which We have revealed in Our Most Holy Book: "When the ocean of My presence hath ebbed and the Book of My Revelation is ended, turn your faces toward Him Whom God hath purposed, Who hath branched from this Ancient Root." The object of this sacred verse is none other except the Most Mighty Branch ('Abdu'l-Bahá). Thus have We graciously revealed unto you our potent Will, and I am verily the Gracious, the All-Powerful.

(Bahá'u'lláh, cited in "The World Order of Bahá'u'lláh - Selected Letters, p. 134)

(Compilations, The Compilation of Compilations vol. I, p. 116)