Did Homo erectus or Homo neanderthalensis have a soul?

Sep 2012
Panama
Looking at some anthropological artivles , both Homo erectus and Homo neanderthalensis, are believed to have been religious or to have had "religious capacity " .. .

You could make some inferences from that ... but it is all complete speculation of course..

maybe best to devote our energies to nurturing our own souls ..

-T
We do know that at Neanderthal sites were graves where loved ones were buried with flowers and gifts.

Maybe I missed it but we don't seem to have yet any agreement on what we mean by the word "soul". M ho is that the sacred text refers to our 'psyche', that seat of our wants & desires where we choose right or wrong.

My bet is that all humans had this.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Looking at some anthropological artivles , both Homo erectus and Homo neanderthalensis, are believed to have been religious or to have had "religious capacity " .. .

You could make some inferences from that ... but it is all complete speculation of course..

maybe best to devote our energies to nurturing our own souls ..

-T
Thanks. :)

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
We do know that at Neanderthal sites were graves where loved ones were buried with flowers and gifts.

Maybe I missed it but we don't seem to have yet any agreement on what we mean by the word "soul". M ho is that the sacred text refers to our 'psyche', that seat of our wants & desires where we choose right or wrong.

My bet is that all humans had this.
Thanks. :)