Disconnected Letters of the Qur'an and the Significance of the Number Nineteen

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
Disconnected Letters of the Qur'an and the Significance of the Number Nineteen by Robert T. Cameron 1997

"....everything have we computed and written down." Qur'an 78:29[1]

From this link starting on Page 9

"......We will use the numerical value of the letters according to the abjad reckoning.

Surih Disconnected Letters Abjad Reckoning
II. Baqara (The Cow). A.L.M. 1 + 30 + 40 = 71
III.Al-i-'Imran (The Family of 'Imran). A.L.M. 1 + 30 + 40 = 71
VII. A'raf (The Heights). A.L.M.S. 1 + 30 + 40 + 90 = 161
X. Yunus (Jonah). A.L.R. 1 + 30 + 200 = 231
XI. Hud (The Prophet Hud). A.L.R. 1 + 30 + 200 = 231
XII. Yusuf (Joseph). A.L.R. 1 + 30 + 200 = 231
XIII. Ra'd (Thunder). A.L.M.R. 1 + 30 + 40 + 200 = 271
_____ Total: 1267

It is recorded in the hadith that the fifth Imam Muhammad-Baqir said that each of these surihs with the disconnected letters means a specific period of time when something will happen to a great, high-ranking, outstanding person in Islam who is descended from Ban-Hashim.[28]

It was exactly 71 years after Muhammad's Divine Summons that the Imam Husayn was brutally killed.[29] In another 71 years, exactly 142 years after Muhammad's Divine Summons Abu'l-'Abbas 'Abdu'llah as- Saffah became Caliph. This ended forever the yoke of the House of Umayyah who

page 10

were the persecutors of Muhammad, who usurped the inheritance of His family and who ruled with treacherous, unscrupulous and murderous tyranny.[30] Note that these are lunar years. See the computations in footnote thirty. These years would obviously be from the year of the Divine Summons, the first intimations of the Holy Spirit personated by the Angel Gabriel, that moment in time which some historians refer to as Muhammad's "vision" in the year 610 A.D. Husayn was martyred on the 10th day of Muharram (October, 680 A.D.) this year on the Muslim calendar was 61 A.H. It was as-Saffah who shattered the power and brought down the rule of the Umayyads in the year 132 of Hijrah (750 A.D.). He was of the House of 'Abbas, a descendant of Hashim. He condemned the corruption and evil doings of the Umayyads and said the House of Hashim, the House of the Prophet had come to free religion and let its light shine and that the earth would be covered with justice. So 71 years from a most significant happening to Muhammad, Husayn, a descendant of Hashim, was killed. In another 71 years the oppression of the House of Umayyah was ended by "a great, outstanding, high ranking descendant of Bani-Hashim." Perhaps the most astonishing prophecy hidden in these disconnected letters is that they reveal the exact year of the appearance of the Promised One of Islam. Mirza Abu'l-Fadl of Gulpaygan has explained that the disconnected letters from the first to the thirteenth surihs total 1267.[31] In that year 1260 A.H. (1844 A.D.), a Youth from Bani-Hashim,[32] Siyyid 'Ali-Muhammad, the Bab[,] made His momentous declaration. Mirza Abu'l-Fadl indicates that this span of time does not start with the Hijrat but with the declaration of Muhammad seven years before. Note that this span of time does not start with Muhammad's Divine Summons or the first year of the Muslim calendar. The Hijrat is the departure of Muhammad from Mecca to Medina which was

page 11

established as the first year (622 A.D.)...."

It gets better and better

Last edited:
Aug 2010
New Zealand mainly
Don't get too excited about that particular list of numbers adding up to 1267 Tony. Most of the Surahs have such letters, and if you select the right ones, you can make the numbers add up to whatever number you need.

The "miracle of 19" in the Quran is nonsense: it is a wonderful example of what happens when an engineering mentality tries to deal with religion. I debunked it in the 1990's, and have posted that email conversation on my blog.

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
Don't get too excited about that particular list of numbers adding up to 1267 Tony. Most of the Surahs have such letters, and if you select the right ones, you can make the numbers add up to whatever number you need.

The "miracle of 19" in the Quran is nonsense: it is a wonderful example of what happens when an engineering mentality tries to deal with religion. I debunked it in the 1990's, and have posted that email conversation on my blog.
Dear Sen - Will read that later, no time at the moment.

Interested re the comment about Engineering Mentality dealing with Religion.

My take is that all is from God, thus any ability that anyone can display is but a reflection of Gods Word in some form or another. Thus an Engineer is just using the potential of Gods Words, just as a Person who is using Words is attempting the same feat. In the end we are but nothing in understanding the potentials of any way.

Thus my mind is open to "that there is a connection", a miracale in any way we try to unite and bind the Word into One reality. It may be more unproductive to spend time trying to disprove a connection?

Worth a thought anyway :eek: I am no scholar but have worked.most my life in the Engineering Field ;)

God bless and regards Tony