Faith

Feb 2019
Chicago
There is nothing in the Baha’i teachings that says Krishna is the only Prophet of Hinduism. On the contrary, Baha’u’llah made it clear that God has never left us without guidance, so there have been prophets in each region going back as long as humans have existed. So Ram, Manu and countless other Avatars or Buddhas in South Asia, prophets in the Middle East prior to Adam, among Native Americans and in sub-Saharan Africa, etc. I think we are in agreement on this point.
Thank you so much. Good to know that all Bahai's are not so ignorant of Hinduism that they would dismiss it as one prophet religion that has been corrupted.

Feb 2019
Chicago
i might be wrong,
it seems to me that the beautiful woman (who i believe is god) is replying to bahaullah in this part.
if iam correct, the holy ghost (which i believe is the primal will) is being "stirred" by the lights of god's rapture.
therefore, the holy ghost is separate from god itself.

i could be wrong lol
Thank you for your response. I agree with you that the beautiful houri is the personification of God. Bahaullah, to express his love for God in a very personal way, gave God a human form (houri) and in other verses (18 and 22) of the Ode of the Dove, he openly expresses his desire to unite with the houri (God).

Here is my understanding of these lines from the Ode of the Dove:

The wave within Me stilled the ocean's surf;
the Holy Ghost stirred at My rapture's lights.

The wave of bliss born within a person as he/she approaches union with God stills the endless surf of thoughts constantly generated in the ocean of the mind. The stirring of the Holy Ghost refers to mind and body beginning to release the soul of Bahaullah as he immersed himself in the bliss (rapture) of union with God.

A human being is a combination of soul, intelligence and mind stuff. The intelligence and mind stuff come from the soul and the mind stuff creates the physical body when the soul is in the womb. At the human level, the soul represents the Father, the human intelligence represents the Son and the mind stuff (with the body) represents the Holy Ghost. The soul is pretty much a prisoner of the body because the soul cannot leave and enter the body at will. But when the soul seeks union with God and successfully accomplishes it, the soul finds freedom in God as it is released from the hold of body and mind. The process of successfully having a union with God is a difficult one and happens gradually which is also evident from the Ode of the Dove. But when a determined soul makes the required spiritual effort, it starts experiencing the bliss of God and at the same time the body and mind (Holy Ghost) start losing their grip on the soul. That is they start stirring when the determined soul uses it's will power to begin the process of breaking free from the liminations of body and mind to seek freedom in God.

This is the esoteric meaning hidden in Bahaullah's words and these truths are universal. They apply to all human beings as they journey towards God.

I agree that Holy Ghost is separate from God but the truth is that God the Father (positive force), Holy Ghost (negative force) and the Son (Intelligence) all came from the Spirit. These spiritual truths are found in the teachings of Krishna, Jesus and Bahaullah.

Last edited:
Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
There are too many of them to list here. In a tablet (published in Gleanings, section LXXXVII) Bahá'u'lláh discussed the absence of records about history before Adam. Here he refers to the Jug-Basisht (Book of Juk), which is the Persian translation of the Yoga Vasistha, a Hindu treatise on Yoga.

"To anyone that hath read the book of Júk it is clear and evident how much the accounts given by the various books have differed - Baha’u’llah"
Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh | Bahá’í Reference Library
Yes, I recall reading that now but I did not know what the Book of Juk was. Please note the concluding paragraph of that section.

“Please God thou wilt turn thine eyes towards the Most Great Revelation, and entirely disregard these conflicting tales and traditions.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 174-175

That means that we are to turn towards the Revelation of Baha’u’llah and disregard the older Revelations... Baha’u’llah says that again in the first sentence of this passage, and then He explains why we are to turn to His Revelation rather than the religious traditions of the past (bygone ages). It makes perfect logical sense if you think about it.

“This is the Day when the loved ones of God should keep their eyes directed towards His Manifestation, and fasten them upon whatsoever that Manifestation may be pleased to reveal. Certain traditions of bygone ages rest on no foundations whatever, while the notions entertained by past generations, and which they have recorded in their books, have, for the most part, been influenced by the desires of a corrupt inclination. Thou dost witness how most of the commentaries and interpretations of the words of God, now current amongst men, are devoid of truth. Their falsity hath, in some cases, been exposed when the intervening veils were rent asunder. They themselves have acknowledged their failure in apprehending the meaning of any of the words of God.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 171-172
A mystic like Baha’u’llah that was in love with God would never threaten and frighten people using the kind of language that is being attributed to him. He would only draw people to God with reason and love.
Baha’u’llah does use reason but Love must be tempered by Justice. Love is important but this is the Day of Justice. Love was the mission of Jesus.

2: O SON OF SPIRIT! The best beloved of all things in My sight is Justice; turn not away therefrom if thou desirest Me, and neglect it not that I may confide in thee. By its aid thou shalt see with thine own eyes and not through the eyes of others, and shalt know of thine own knowledge and not through the knowledge of thy neighbor. Ponder this in thy heart; how it behooveth thee to be. Verily justice is My gift to thee and the sign of My loving-kindness. Set it then before thine eyes.
The Hidden Words of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 3-4

“God be praised!” ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, in His turn, exclaims, “The sun of justice hath risen above the horizon of Bahá’u’lláh. For in His Tablets the foundations of such a justice have been laid as no mind hath, from the beginning of creation, conceived.” “The canopy of existence,” He further explains, “resteth upon the pole of justice, and not of forgiveness, and the life of mankind dependeth on justice and not on forgiveness.” The Advent of Divine Justice, p. 28

Have you read all of Gleanings? God has wrath as well as love. When Baha’u’llah speaks with the Voice of God this is sometimes reflected.

“We have a fixed time for you, O peoples. If ye fail, at the appointed hour, to turn towards God, He, verily, will lay violent hold on you, and will cause grievous afflictions to assail you from every direction. How severe, indeed, is the chastisement with which your Lord will then chastise you!”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 214

“Say: He ordaineth as He pleaseth, by virtue of His sovereignty, and doeth whatsoever He willeth at His own behest. He shall not be asked of the things it pleaseth Him to ordain. He, in truth, is the Unrestrained, the All-Powerful, the All-Wise.
They that have disbelieved in God and rebelled against His sovereignty are the helpless victims of their corrupt inclinations and desires. These shall return to their abode in the fire of hell: wretched is the abode of the deniers
!” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 284-285
Why would Baha’u’llah make a questionable claim like that when there have been true prophets of God in different parts of the world after Baha’u’llah's death. Have you studied the life and teachings of Ramakrishna Paramahansa or Swami Sivananda or ParamahansaYogananda who were true prophets that were sent by God after Baha’u’llah much before the expiry of the 1000 year period you are referring to.
If any of these men claimed to be prophets of God they were lying imposters and they will be subject to the wrath of God if they do not retract their claims, as Baha’u’llah wrote.
Without studying their life and teachings you should not be saying that Hinduism is permanently corrupted or cannot be revived. What is the significance of the 1000 year period you have referred to? It sounds like a nice number someone came up with. Why not 789 years or 987 years? All the available evidence in non-Bahai religions proves that the words being attributed to Baha’u’llah cannot be his own.
Hinduism is not going to be revived because that religious dispensation ended a long, long time ago. NONE of the older religions can be revived because there is no need to revive the older religions. We are living in the Dispensation of Baha’u’llah and the all previous religious dispensations have been abrogated by Baha’u’llah.

“In conclusion of this theme, I feel, it should be stated that the Revelation identified with Bahá’u’lláh abrogates unconditionally all the Dispensations gone before it, upholds uncompromisingly the eternal verities they enshrine, recognizes firmly and absolutely the Divine origin of their Authors, preserves inviolate the sanctity of their authentic Scriptures, disclaims any intention of lowering the status of their Founders or of abating the spiritual ideals they inculcate, clarifies and correlates their functions, reaffirms their common, their unchangeable and fundamental purpose, reconciles their seemingly divergent claims and doctrines, readily and gratefully recognizes their respective contributions to the gradual unfoldment of one Divine Revelation, unhesitatingly acknowledges itself to be but one link in the chain of continually progressive Revelations, supplements their teachings with such laws and ordinances as conform to the imperative needs, and are dictated by the growing receptivity, of a fast evolving and constantly changing society, and proclaims its readiness and ability to fuse and incorporate the contending sects and factions into which they have fallen into a universal Fellowship, functioning within the framework, and in accordance with the precepts, of a divinely conceived, a world-unifying, a world-redeeming Order”
Shoghi Effendi, God Passes By, p. 100

Logically speaking, Baha’u’llah was either (a) a true Prophet/Messenger, or (b) a false Prophet/Messenger. If a, then everything He wrote came from God so there is no reason we would care to listen to any religions that contradict Baha’u’llah. Those religions have been corrupted by fallible men over the course of many years, so they are no longer the Word of God as it was revealed to the Prophets of Old.

Baha’u’llah has told us to turn towards Him, so once we have accepted the claims of Baha’u’llahand we are Baha’is that is what we do, since we believe that Baha’u’llah spoke for God, and His Will was identical with the Will of God. I do not know the reason for the 1000 years, only Baha’u’llah knows that because He was the One who got the message from God.

What evidence from other religions are you referring to? I hope you understand that if the other religions contradict what Baha’u’llah wrote that is because they cannot DEAL with the fact that God has sent a new Messenger/Prophet that has abrogated their religions. This has happened in every new age, whenever a new Messenger has appeared.

I suggest you read this ON CALUMNY.
I feel the same way about the words being attributed to Baha’u’llah given the intense negative vibration, accusatory language, threats and coercion associated with those words.
You can FEEL however you want to, but feelings do not prove anything and more often than not feelings can be misleading. We have the original writings of Baha’u’llah, so unless they were mistranslated into English, the words in Gleanings are what He wrote. If you think they were mistranslated you could talk to someone who knows Persian and Arabic and ask if that is what Baha’u’llah really wrote. Logically speaking, since the first Baha’is spoke Persian and Arabic and we have the original writings, if the later translations into English were wrong, then Baha’is who speak all these languages would have brought the errors to our attention by now, after all these years.
You have to go by evidence. Read the teachings of Ramakrishna Paramahansa or Swami Sivananda or ParamahansaYogananda. Look at the kind of disciples they have produced. Pray to Baha’u’llah and ask him if these prophets are false prophets and then you will know the truth. Right now you just have a belief that is not supported by facts just like Muslims have a belief about Mohammed being the last prophet which is also not supported by facts.
I do not have a belief that is not supported by the evidence because there is enough evidence that supports the claims of Baha’u’llah to sink a ship. I have been discussing this with people on forums for about six years, so I have had to back up what I believe by looking at all the evidence over and over again.

The evidence that Baha’u’llah was who He claimed to be is His character; the history of His life; what He did during His mission on earth; the scriptures that He wrote; what others have written about Him; the Bible prophecies that He fulfilled and the prophecies of other religions that He fulfilled; the predictions He made that have come to pass; the religion that was established as the result of His Revelation, what His followers all over the world have done and are doing now.
All this constitutes evidence that is verifiable.
The facts are not dependent upon my likes and dislikes. Please investigate the facts relating to other prophets that came after Baha’u’llah through independent research. Do not just blindly believe in something handed out to you. That does not make you any different from the average muslim who believes that Mohammed was the last prophet or the average Christian who believes that Jesus is the only way.
I do not blindly believe in the Baha’i Faith. What I believe about Baha’u’llah which is based upon His original writings as well as all the other evidence cited above that proves He was who He claimed to be. The religion of Islam is a true religion but the Qur’an has been misconstrued by Muslims. If the Qur’an says that Muhammad was the last prophet that is true, because Muhammad was the last prophet in the prophetic cycle and Baha’u’llah was not a prophet in that Cycle of Religion. As far as the Christians are concerned, Jesus was the only way during His religious dispensation, because there is only one way to God that God wants us to use in every religious dispensation.

The bottom line is again whether Baha’u’llah was a true or false prophet. If He was a true Prophet then whatever He said is the truth from God, so if it contradicts the prophets you cited then they have to be wrong. Moreover, if any of them say there is more than one God, they are dead in the water, because all the Abrahamic religions teach that there is only One True God.
Where does Baha’u’llah say that his soul is the same as that of Jesus?
In many of His writings Baha’u’llah says that the souls of all the Manifestations of God/Prophets/Messengers can be regarded as one since they are all the same Spirit of God.

“The Bearers of the Trust of God are made manifest unto the peoples of the earth as the Exponents of a new Cause and the Revealers of a new Message. Inasmuch as these Birds of the celestial Throne are all sent down from the heaven of the Will of God, and as they all arise to proclaim His irresistible Faith, they, therefore, are regarded as one soul and the same person. For they all drink from the one Cup of the love of God, and all partake of the fruit of the same Tree of Oneness.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 50

“These Manifestations of God have each a twofold station. One is the station of pure abstraction and essential unity. In this respect, if thou callest them all by one name, and dost ascribe to them the same attributes, thou hast not erred from the truth. Even as He hath revealed: “No distinction do We make between any of His Messengers.” For they, one and all, summon the people of the earth to acknowledge the unity of God, and herald unto them the Kawthar of an infinite grace and bounty. They are all invested with the robe of prophethood, and are honored with the mantle of glory. Thus hath Muhammad, the Point of the Qur’án, revealed: “I am all the Prophets.” Likewise, He saith:“I am the first Adam, Noah, Moses, and Jesus.” Gleanings, pp. 50-51

But also, Baha’u’llah claimed to be the return of Jesus Christ, when He referred to Himself and Jesus collectively as “WE.”

“WE, verily, have come for your sakes, and have borne the misfortunes of the world for your salvation. Flee ye the One Who hath sacrificed His life that ye may be quickened? Fear God, O followers of the Spirit (Jesus), and walk not in the footsteps of every divine that hath gone far astray… Open the doors of your hearts. He Who is the Spirit (Jesus) verily, standeth before them. Wherefore keep ye afar from Him Who hath purposed to draw you nigh unto a Resplendent Spot? Say: We, in truth, have opened unto you the gates of the Kingdom. Will ye bar the doors of your houses in My face? This indeed is naught but a grievous error.”
Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, p, 92

(Continued on next post)

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Where does Baha’u’llah claim that he was the Kalki avatar that Hindus believe would be the 10th avatar of Vishnu?
Nowhere.
What about people whose spiritual needs require Raja Yoga meditation techniques that Baha’u’llah never taught. If a person's nature is such that he prefers to silently meditate on God using Yoga and other scientific meditation techniques not found in Baha’u’llah teachings, would not God respond to the spiritual needs of such people. It sounds like you want to determine what is good for everyone or declare that the Bahai faith is good for everyone else in this age. How is that different from Muslims and Christians claiming that their religion is good for everyone else?
People can use whatever meditation techniques that they want to use. The Baha’i Faith does not prohibit any meditation techniques, and in fact we are enjoined to use whatever meditation techniques we find most useful.

I never declared that everyone has to become a Baha’i. I do not decide anything for anyone but myself. We all have free will so we can make a choice. Baha’u’llah did claim that He was the Manifestation of God for this age, people can take that or leave it. Here is what He wrote about that:

“This is the changeless Faith of God, eternal in the past, eternal in the future. Let him that seeketh, attain it; and as to him that hath refused to seek it—verily, God is Self-Sufficient, above any need of His creatures.” Gleanings, p. 136

“Consider the mercy of God and His gifts. He enjoineth upon you that which shall profit you, though He Himself can well dispense with all creatures.” Gleanings, p. 140

“Your Lord, the God of mercy, can well dispense with all creatures. Nothing whatever can either increase or diminish the things He doth possess. If ye believe, to your own behoof will ye believe; and if ye believe not, ye yourselves will suffer.” Gleanings, p. 148

“He who shall accept and believe, shall receive his reward; and he who shall turn away, shall receive none other than his own punishment.” Gleanings, p. 339
You are making such comments without actually examining the facts. In practice all religions including Hinduism get corrupted but the most important Hindu scriptures which are the Vedas, Upanishads and Gita have never been corrupted.
Do you have the original scriptures? Can you prove they are originals? Who wrote these scriptures? Men wrote them, so there is no reason to believe that they accurately represent the Will of the One True God. It is a Baha’i belief that Krishna was the founder of Hinduism, but since then it has completely changed. If you want to believe in men that is your choice. I have a difficult enough time believing that what is in the Bible was actually what Jesus said, but there is much more evidence for the authenticity of the Bible than for scriptures that are thousands of years older.

Krishna, Sanskrit Kṛṣṇa, one of the most widely revered and most popular of all Indian divinities, worshipped as the eighth incarnation (avatar, or avatara) of the Hindu god Vishnu and also as a supreme god in his own right.​
Lord Krishna lived for 125 years. RAJKOT: It's now official. Lord Krishna was born on 21-07-3227 BC and died on 18-02-3102 BC.Sep 8, 2004​

Look how many years later the Vedas were written.

The Vedas are a collection of hymns and other ancient religious texts written in India between about 1500 and 1000 BCE.​
According to tradition, Vyasa is the compiler of the Vedas, who arranged the four kinds of mantras into four Samhitas (Collections). There are four Vedas: the Rigveda, the Yajurveda, the Samaveda and the Atharvaveda.​
Additionally, in every century Hinduism produced great prophets who kept the religion well and alive. No religion and civilization will survive for so long to become the world's oldest religion and civilization if it was permanently corrupted. The Biblical story of Abraham’s plea to the Lord that the city of Sodom be spared if ten righteous men could be found therein, and the divine reply: “I will not destroy it for ten’s sake,” gains new meaning in the light of India’s escape from the oblivion of Babylon, Egypt and other mighty nations who were once her contemporaries. The Lord’s answer clearly shows that a land lives, not by its material achievements, but in its masterpieces of man.
I have no particular bone to pick with Hinduism. All the older religions have bene corrupted in the sense that they do not represent want the original Founder revealed. ANY religion that teaches that there are “many gods” is really corrupted. Most Hindus I know believe there are many gods.
The same argument can be made about Baha’u’llah, Mohammed and Jesus. What evidence can you provide to back up the claim that Baha’u’llah is true prophet?
The brief synopsis is above. Within each category of evidence is the scads of evidence.
If you are not peaceful inside, you will not be peaceful outside. If you do not feel the love inside of yourself, you will not be able to extend that love to others outside of yourself. You cannot be outside what you are not inside. You cannot practice true brotherhood with others unless you experience through personal realization that other people are your brothers. When you realize you are a child of God - not just intellectually understand it - then you will simultaneously realize that other people are also children of God and from that realization will flow true brotherhood. In other words, true brotherhood is only possible under the Fatherhood of God. Without realizing you are a child of God (that is God is your Father or realizing Fatherhood of God), any attempts to promote brotherhood will invariably results in disagreements, divisions and conflicts. You don't see disciples of Jesus or Buddha fighting among themselves but the disciples of Mohammed fought among themselves.
I do not believe that God is my Father. That is an erroneous Christian belief as far as I am concerned. God has no children. God is exalted above anything that can EVER be recounted or perceived.

I agree that we need to mirror forth the attributes of God including love, but that is an inside job. If people follow the spiritual teachings of any true religion they can transform themselves, but it requires a lot of dedication and denial of our own selfish desires, because that is after all what Baha’u’llah has enjoined us to do, as did Jesus. As long as people remain attached to the material world and their worldly desires I see no hope for universal brotherhood.

“Say: Deliver your souls, O people, from the bondage of self, and purify them from all attachment to anything besides Me. Remembrance of Me cleanseth all things from defilement, could ye but perceive it. Say: Were all created things to be entirely divested of the veil of worldly vanity and desire, the Hand of God would in this Day clothe them, one and all, with the robe “He doeth whatsoever He willeth in the kingdom of creation,” that thereby the sign of His sovereignty might be manifested in all things. Exalted then be He, the Sovereign Lord of all, the Almighty, the Supreme Protector, the All-Glorious, the Most Powerful.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 294-295

That is not a valid argument about the Muslims because the disciples do not represent the Revelation. How much good is it doing that Christians believe that God loves them and God is their Father? How is that going to change the world? They have had 2000 years and it has improved as much as it is going to from Christianity. Christianity is in its winter season. Buddhism is even older but I think it has more usefulness for the individual because of its teachings, which are very similar to Baha’i teachings:
Buddhism and the Bahá'í Faith

The Christianity that Jesus taught died a long time ago. All Christians care about is being saved from original sin and going to heaven. These are doctrines of the Church that Jesus never taught. The bodily resurrection was not taught by Jesus, it is an embellishment, a story the Gospel writers told. It is abominable how much Christianity has been corrupted by Paul and the Church. Judaism revealed the truth about God, but their laws and practices are too old to be of any use for society as a whole. Islam and the Baha’i Faith most accurately represent the truth about God but Islam is not the religion for the new age because it does not have new laws and social teachings that the Baha’i Faith has.
That's because Jesus and Buddha emphasized on experiencing love, compassion, kindness within and above all realizing that God is our common Father first whereas with Mohammed, there was a quite a bit of zeal in spreading the religion and uniting all the Arab tribes under the banner of Islam but as soon as Mohammed died, the Muslim community split in to Shia and Sunni with Aisha (Mohammed's wife) and Ali (Mohammed's son-in-law and cousin) fighting each other at the Battle of Basra in which over 10,000 muslims were killed. The Bahai faith did better but it wasn't without problems. Both the second and third wives of Baha’u’llah were expelled from the faith for being covenant breakers. Abdul Baha had to expel his own brother from the faith for being a covenant breaker. And by the time of Shogi Effendi all the male members of Baha’u’llah's family have been expelled from the faith and the faith was left without a Guardian. This is what will happen when people do not realize their oneness with God and as a consequence do not realize their brotherhood with fellow men. All the talk of brotherhood will not get us anywhere if we do not experience love and peace within through union with God, our common Father. Every prophet of God has taught brotherhood of man but not one was able to accomplish universal brotherhood simply because not all people can embrace and sincerely follow the teachings of prophets and no true prophet will force unwilling people to follow their teachings because God has given them freedom to lead their lives the way they want.
You cannot use the history of the Baha’i Faith to say that Baha’u’llah was not who He claimed to be because all humans have free will. I agree that nearness to God and brotherhood with fellow men is what is necessary, but I do not think that oneness with God will have as its consequence a realization of brotherhood with fellow men as long as that oneness is confined to the individual and all they ace about is their own personal spiritual development. That is the essential problem with mysticism. It has no program for the universal brotherhood or the unity of mankind. The Baha’i Faith is the only religion that has a both a mystical component and a concrete plan for transforming society as a whole. We are enjoined to walk the spiritual path with practical feet.
Please read Baha’u’llah's Mathnavi-i-Mubarak and his commentary on the Disconnected letters of the Quran and also his acknowledgement of the reality of Trinity in the Gems of Divine Mysteries. And then we can have a more meaningful discussion.
Okay, I can find that book in the Baha’i Reference Library.
Why is it logical to believe that there will not be another true prophet until 2852 AD? What about the spiritual needs of people whose mentalities are suited for Yoga and meditation involving withdrawal of life force and interiorization of consciousness?
It is logical to believe that because Baha’u’llah wrote it, but one has to first believe that He was who He claimed to be. If He speaks for God then questioning Him is akin to questioning God.

People who have those spiritual needs can follow those spiritual practices. It is not necessary for God to send a new prophet to teach spiritual practices, as they already exist.Baha’u’llah wrote about the purpose of religion, the nature of religion. God sends a new Manifestation only once in every age because that is when one is needed.

“And now concerning thy question regarding the nature of religion. Know thou that they who are truly wise have likened the world unto the human temple. As the body of man needeth a garment to clothe it, so the body of mankind must needs be adorned with the mantle of justice and wisdom. Its robe is the Revelation vouchsafed unto it by God. Whenever this robe hath fulfilled its purpose, the Almighty will assuredly renew it. For every age requireth a fresh measure of the light of God. Every Divine Revelation hath been sent down in a manner that befitted the circumstances of the age in which it hath appeared.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 81

Baha’u’llah like the Hindu prophets taught that God created us so we can know Him and love Him. The Hindu scriptures teach that the Spirit wasn't satisfied being alone. So it manifested creation from its energy (consciousness) using will power and thought process. So everything is part of God and God is in everything. That's a truth Baha’u’llah also stated in Mathnavi-i-Mubarak. And of all the creatures only man can know God and love God. The Spirit of God is sleeping in rocks and minerals. It is dreaming in plants. It is awake in animals and birds. In man, it is not only awake but can know God, love God and realize it's oneness with God.
You are anthropomorphizing God. Gods is not a human being with needs. It is true that God created us out of love but that is so we can know Him and love Him, not because God needs our love, because God is fully self-sufficient and has no needs. I do not believe that everything is part of God and God is in everything because that is pantheism, not monotheism.

“Regard thou the one true God as One Who is apart from, and immeasurably exalted above, all created things. The whole universe reflecteth His glory, while He is Himself independent of, and transcendeth His creatures. This is the true meaning of Divine unity. He Who is the Eternal Truth is the one Power Who exerciseth undisputed sovereignty over the world of being, Whose image is reflected in the mirror of the entire creation. All existence is dependent upon Him, and from Him is derived the source of the sustenance of all things. This is what is meant by Divine unity; this is its fundamental principle.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 167

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Here is some evidence of corruption of Bahaullah teachings arising from Abdul Baha's lack of insight in to spiritual truths. Abdul Baha comes across as a saintly soul but he wasn't a manifestation of God like Jesus, Krishna and Bahaullah were. For Bahaullah, Trinity was a reality. For example, in verse 45 of the Ode of the Dove, Bahaullah says "The wave within Me stilled the ocean's surf; the Holy Ghost stirred at My rapture's lights". Quite clearly, if Holy Ghost is a fictitious concept, Bahaullah would not refer to it as reality in his mystical poem. Let me quote Bahaullah from the Gems of Divine Mysteries. He is acknowledging Trinity as a divine reality where as Abdul Baha dismissed it as a falsity.
To be clear, Abdu’l-Baha does not dismiss the idea of a Trinity as false, but He dismisses the Christian doctrine of the Trinity as false because the Christians believe that God has three persons, whereas Baha’is believe that God is one and indivisible.

Rather than me explaining this, you need to read what Abdul-Baha wrote about the Trinity. 27: THE TRINITY

This is completely congruent with what Baha’u’llah has written in His own Writings about God, the Holy Spirit, and Manifestations of God.
Here are Bahaullah's words:

“Through the power of God and His might, I shall now relate certain passages revealed in the Books of old, and mention some of the signs heralding the appearance of the Manifestations of God in the sanctified persons of His chosen Ones, that thou mayest recognize the Dayspring of this everlasting morn and behold this Fire that blazeth in the Tree which is neither of the East nor of the West. Perchance thine eyes may be opened upon attaining the presence of thy Lord and thy heart partake of the blessings concealed within these hidden treasuries..................

And in the fourth Gospel, according to John, it is recorded: “But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: and ye also shall bear witness.”9 And elsewhere He saith: “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”10 And: “But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou? But because I have said these things unto you…”11 And yet again: “Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.”12 And: “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.13

Such is the text of the verses revealed in the past. By Him besides Whom there is none other God, I have chosen to be brief, for were I to recount all the words that have been sent down unto the Prophets of God from the realm of His supernal glory and the kingdom of His sovereign might, all the pages and tablets of the world would not suffice to exhaust My theme. References similar to those mentioned, nay even more sublime and exalted, have been made in all the Books and Scriptures of old. Should it be My wish to recount all that hath been revealed in the past, I would most certainly be able to do so by virtue of that which God hath bestowed upon Me of the wonders of His knowledge and power. I have, however, contented Myself with that which was mentioned, lest thou become wearied in thy journey or feel inclined to turn back, or lest thou be overtaken by sadness and sorrow and overcome with despondency, trouble and fatigue.

Be fair in thy judgement and reflect upon these exalted utterances. Inquire, then, of those who lay claim to knowledge without a proof or testimony from God, and who remain heedless of these days wherein the Orb of knowledge and wisdom hath dawned above the horizon of Divinity, rendering unto each his due and assigning unto all their rank and measure, as to what they can say concerning these allusions. Verily, their meaning hath bewildered the minds of men, and that which they conceal of the consummate wisdom and latent knowledge of God even the most sanctified souls have been powerless to uncover.” - Bahá’u’lláh, Gems of Divine Mysteries.

After quoting the verse relating to Holy Ghost, Bahaullah says "such is the text of the verses revealed in the past". So that verse is a divine revelation, not a man made fictitious concept as Abdul Baha says.

And now let's check out what Abdul Baha says:

The question of the Trinity, since the time of His Holiness Christ until now, is the belief of the Christians, and to the present time all the learned among them are perplexed and confounded. All have confessed that the question is beyond the grasp of reason, for three cannot become one, nor one three. To unite these is impossible; it is either one or three.............Thus considered, Trinity is made a necessity, although the falsity of Trinity is evident. - Abdul Baha

Bahá'í Reference Library - Tablets of Abdul-Baha Abbas, Pages 512-514
As I said above, the Trinity that Christians believe in is a man-made concept since God is not made up of three Persons, God is One. Below are a couple of explanation of the Trinity I wrote up and posted on a Christian forum a couple of days ago. Basically, they are a synopsis of what Abdu’l-Baha wrote in the chapter on 27: THE TRINITY

There is only ONE God.

The Holy Spirit is the Bounty of God, an emanation from God. God is like the sun and the Holy Spirit is like the rays of the sun. God remains in His own high place, and does not ever descend to earth.

The Holy Spirit is the Bounty of God which became visible and evident in Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ was like a clear mirror, and God became visible in the mirror, but God did not descend into the mirror. This is why Christ said, “The Father is in the Son,” meaning that the God was visible and manifest in this mirror.

The Comforter, Counselor, Helper, and Advocate are all descriptive terms or titles used for the Bounty of God that came to us through the Holy Spirit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sure, the three of THEM were there together, and they were working together, but they were SEPARATE. The three of them were not PART of One God as the Trinitarians believe.

What you described about the Holy Spirit “coming down as a dove” and descending upon Jesus is symbolic but it is a Baha’i belief that the Holy spirit DID come to Jesus, just as it came to Baha’u’llah.

In brief, here is how the Baha’i version of the Trinity operates.
  • God is exalted above anything that can ever be recounted or perceived so God remains in His own high place, on His Throne. Godnever descends to earth.
  • God sent the souls of the man Jesus (and Baha’u’llah and the others) from the heaven of His Will and then they were born into a human body
  • Later, after these men reach a certain age, God sends the Holy Spirit to them as happened to Jesus with the dove. Moses got the Holy Spirit at the Burning Bush, Muhammad got the Holy Spirit from the Angel Gabriel, and Baha’u’llah got the Holy Spirit from a Maiden.
  • When these Manifestations of God (Messengers) get the Holy Spirit that is when they start talking about God (or in the case of Baha’u’llah, writings things down).
  • Then what they say or write is compiled into religious scriptures that humans can benefit from.
So it goes like this:

God >>> Jesus >>> Holy Spirit >>> Humanity

Feb 2019
Chicago
I don’t believe there is any contradiction between Abdu’l-Baha’s statements about the Trinity and the teachings of Baha’u’llah, nor any contradiction with Christian scripture.
Abdul Baha says Trinity is a falsity whereas Bahaullah says the truths relating to Holy Ghost/Spirit (which is one of the Trinity) as found in the Bible are divine revelations that the greatest minds have failed to understand. If Trinity and by implication, Holy Ghost/Spirit is a falsity, why would Bahaullah quote the revealed verses from the Bible relating to Holy Ghost/Spirit to assert certain spiritual truths?

It is a recognized fact that the word Trinity does not appear in the Bible.
That may be true but I am not hung up over a word. The truth is that the three aspects of the Spirit (Father, Son and Holy Ghost/Spirit) that became manifest to bring the cosmos in to existence are clearly mentioned in the Bible at several locations. Refer to Matthew 28:19 for example.

With regard to the Resurrection of Jesus as being a physical resurrection of the body, it is true that the Christian Church has the doctrine that it is physical, and the Church understands the accounts of the Apostles to support that. But if you actually read the Gospel accounts carefully and without prejudice, it clearly does not describe the restoration of a physical body to normal functionality.
Jesus performed many miracles even before his crucifixion like walking on water. Does it mean he did not have a physical body then because the physical body of a man cannot walk on water? No it means, he mastered and operated certain spiritual laws that most men had no clue about.

But if you actually read the Gospel accounts carefully and without prejudice, it clearly does not describe the restoration of a physical body to normal functionality.
As I said above, Jesus worked many miracles like raising the dead, curing the blind etc even before crucifixion. What is important to recognize is that he continued to perform miracles like appearing in locked rooms after resurrection. Let me quote directly from the Gospel of Luke to show that the resurrection of Jesus was physical as well.

As they were talking about these things, Jesus himself stood among them, and said to them, “Peace to you!” But they were startled and frightened and thought they saw a spirit. And he said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.” And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they still disbelieved for joy and were marveling, he said to them, “Have you anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate before them.- Luke 24:36-43

Bible Gateway passage: Luke 24 - English Standard Version

So there you go. Jesus is saying he was not a spirit because his resurrected body had flesh and bones. He even ate a piece of fish. So if you set aside, Abdul Baha's views on this matter and study the Bible without bias and pre-conceived notions, you will see the truth.

Jesus said to Thomas to put his hand in Jesus side, then Thomas believed. But, read carefully, Thomas didn’t actually touch Jesus. In the end, he believed without any physical contact.
So what if Thomas did not touch Jesus who convincingly demonstrated that his body was made of flesh and bones. It would have been redundant.

And what sort of a physical resurrection is it when the same wounds that caused Jesus’ death are still there?
Jesus loved his disciples and not all of them had the same personality. Thomas was the doubting one and for his sake Jesus still retained the wounds. Just read the gospels properly and you will see the truth. Let me quote from the gospel of John.

"One of the twelve disciples, Thomas, was not with the others when Jesus came. They told him, “We have seen the Lord!”

But he replied, “I won’t believe it unless I see the nail wounds in his hands, put my fingers into them, and place my hand into the wound in his side.”

Eight days later the disciples were together again, and this time Thomas was with them. The doors were locked; but suddenly, as before, Jesus was standing among them. “Peace be with you,” he said. Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!”"
“My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed. - John 20:24-28

Bible Gateway passage: John 20 - New Living Translation

If the resurrection is spiritual, then a body that is restored to physical health is not needed, rather, the wounds that appear are a reminder to us of what Jesus suffered on the cross, and His sacrifice.
Jesus was demonstrating mastery over life and death by his physical resurrection. Without physical resurrection, how would he prove that one can follow his teachings and attain mastery over death and defeat hatred with love and forgiveness.

The point I am getting at here is that the Apostles described various accounts of seeing Jesus after His resurrection, but they are really quite ambiguous as to what sort of resurrection it was.
I come from a Hindu background and I find no ambiguity since I am not bound to Abdul Baha's perspective. It appears to me the Bahai are trying to twist the historical facts relating to life of Jesus to fit them in to Abdul Baha's perspective.

Feb 2019
Chicago
Yes, I recall reading that now but I did not know what the Book of Juk was. Please note the concluding paragraph of that section.

“Please God thou wilt turn thine eyes towards the Most Great Revelation, and entirely disregard these conflicting tales and traditions.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 174-175

That means that we are to turn towards the Revelation of Baha’u’llah and disregard the older Revelations... Baha’u’llah says that again in the first sentence of this passage, and then He explains why we are to turn to His Revelation rather than the religious traditions of the past (bygone ages). It makes perfect logical sense if you think about it.
See how flawed your approach is. You are equating tales and traditions with divine revelations. If tales and traditions are conflicting with each other, it does not mean all of them are false. It just means, they can confuse people.

Certain traditions of bygone ages rest on no foundations whatever, while the notions entertained by past generations, and which they have recorded in their books, have, for the most part, been influenced by the desires of a corrupt inclination.
Bahaullah is referring to certain traditions of bygones ages and past generations. How does that equate to all religions? He could have been referring to Islamic traditions. In any case the Hindu prophets I mentioned came after Bahaullah. So try as you might, you cannot possibly apply Bahaullah's words to them.

If any of these men claimed to be prophets of God they were lying imposters and they will be subject to the wrath of God if they do not retract their claims
Now you sound like a fanatical Muslim. The proper way to come to a conclusion is to investigate through study and analysis and if possible practice before coming to conclusions.

Hinduism is not going to be revived because that religious dispensation ended a long, long time ago. NONE of the older religions can be revived because there is no need to revive the older religions. We are living in the Dispensation of Baha’u’llah and the all previous religious dispensations have been abrogated by Baha’u’llah.
You are just parroting the ignorance of Shogi Effendi. Shogi Effendi shouldn't be commenting on other religions without studying them. How did he become an expert on all the religions while failing to appoint the next Gaurdian for the Bahai faith as willed by Abdul Baha. Wasn't that part of his job to take care of the needs of the Bahai faith first. Where does Bahaullah teach people like Shogi Effendi to abrogate and trash all the religions of the world? Shogi Effendi is going off a tangent and doing his own thing.

Logically speaking, Baha’u’llah was either (a) a true Prophet/Messenger, or (b) a false Prophet/Messenger. If a, then everything He wrote came from God so there is no reason we would care to listen to any religions that contradict Baha’u’llah.
The contradictions are mostly because of your flawed interpretation. If you meditate and intuitively perceive the esoteric truths in all religions, they are all equally good.

What evidence from other religions are you referring to? I hope you understand that if the other religions contradict what Baha’u’llah wrote that is because they cannot DEAL with the fact that God has sent a new Messenger/Prophet that has abrogated their religions. This has happened in every new age, whenever a new Messenger has appeared.
That only shows more of your ignorance. Jesus did not abrogate Judaism which is still alive and vibrant. Mohammed did not abrograte Christianity and Judaism. Buddha did not abrogate Hinduism. You just sound like a fanatical Muslim. By your own flawed logic, the Bahai faith stands abrograted because there have been manifestations of God in India after the death of Bahaullah.

You can FEEL however you want to, but feelings do not prove anything and more often than not feelings can be misleading. We have the original writings of Baha’u’llah, so unless they were mistranslated into English, the words in Gleanings are what He wrote.
Muslims also claim they have the original teachings of Mohammed and according to his last message there will be no new prophets. So according to Islamic teachings, Bahaullah is not a prophet and Bahai faith is not a true religion. You are subjecting other religions to the same religious fanaticism that Muslims have subjected the Bahai faith to. You are no different from a fundamentalist Muslim.

I do not have a belief that is not supported by the evidence because there is enough evidence that supports the claims of Baha’u’llah to sink a ship.
What scientific evidence can you offer that God revealed any spiritual truths to Bahaullah? How can you scientifically prove that Bahaullah was a manifestation of God?

The evidence that Baha’u’llah was who He claimed to be is His character; the history of His life; what He did during His mission on earth; the scriptures that He wrote; what others have written about Him; the Bible prophecies that He fulfilled and the prophecies of other religions that He fulfilled; the predictions He made that have come to pass; the religion that was established as the result of His Revelation, what His followers all over the world have done and are doing now. All this constitutes evidence that is verifiable.
None of that proves that his teachings came from God. None of that proves that he was a prophet of God.

I do not blindly believe in the Baha’i Faith. What I believe about Baha’u’llah which is based upon His original writings as well as all the other evidence cited above that proves He was who He claimed to be. The religion of Islam is a true religion but the Qur’an has been misconstrued by Muslims.
Well, the Bahai faith has also been distorted by it's followers. As of today there are atleast 12 different Bahai groups claiming to represent the real teachings of Bahaullah. That does not sound too good for a religion which is hardly 200 years old. Abdul Baha had to expel his own brother that was appointed by Bahaullah as the second in command of the faith. The second and third wives of Bahaullah and eventually all the male members of his family were also expelled. And Shogi Effendi talks about one race, one nation, one religion and universal brotherhood and you parrot his ignorance. Really? A religion that expelled the family members of its founder and got divided in at least 12 religious groups aims to promote universal brotherhood and one religion. Shouldn't brotherhood and unity of religion begin at home?

Feb 2019
Chicago
Do you have the original scriptures? Can you prove they are originals? Who wrote these scriptures?
The authenticity of a scripture can be verified by meditating on the spiritual truths therein and personally experiencing those truths. The original scriptures of the Hindus are the Vedas and Upanishads and the more recent one is the Gita. By recent, I mean just over 5000 years old. These universal truths were revealed to avatars at various points in time and they were so humble that they did not wish to put their names on them or copyright them to make some money. Time goes on in a cyclic fashion and dark ages are part of cycles of time. At the advent of the last dark age, Sage Vyasa compiled all the Vedas and organized them in 4 books. If you have the time and interest you can investigate the truth. Or you can just parrot Shogi Effendi's ignorance.

Men wrote them, so there is no reason to believe that they accurately represent the Will of the One True God. It is a Baha’i belief that Krishna was the founder of Hinduism, but since then it has completely changed.
Just more ignorance from your end. Not true at all.

All the older religions have bene corrupted in the sense that they do not represent want the original Founder revealed. ANY religion that teaches that there are “many gods” is really corrupted. Most Hindus I know believe there are many gods.
The Bahai faith has been corrupted too since you have at least 12 different groups claiming to represent the true teachings of Bahaullah. Hinduism does not teach that there are many Gods. Hinduism teaches there is one and only one God but that God can take many forms and play many roles. Just like a man can be husband, father, son, friend and businessman, God can and does play many roles in the creation and Hindus represent each role with a particular form that is dear to them. Why is it ok for Bahaullah to represent God in the form of a beautiful Houri but Hindus can't give a form to God. What does Bahaullah uncovering the breast of the Houri in the Tablet of the Maiden mean? I bet you have no clue but you are dismissing Hindu prophets as false prophets. That's the height of ignorance.

I do not believe that God is my Father. That is an erroneous Christian belief as far as I am concerned. God has no children. God is exalted above anything that can EVER be recounted or perceived.
Father does not mean God is your biological father. Father means He is the positive force behind your birth with Holy Ghost being the negative force. If you carefully observe creation, you will notice it is full of polar opposites like electron/proton, day/night, man/woman, sun/earth. God created man with positive energy and woman with negative energy just so that they can come together and share. In a human marriage, man represents the Father (God) or positive force while woman represents Holy Ghost (Mother) or the negative force and their union results in the birth of children. Within a human being, the soul represents the Father while the body which is the manifestation of the mind stuff represents the Holy Ghost. That is the secret of creation.

You cannot use the history of the Baha’i Faith to say that Baha’u’llah was not who He claimed to be because all humans have free will.
I am not saying that. What I am saying is that without inner spiritual growth, any attempts to promote universal brotherhood is futile and the divisions in Bahai faith and Islam prove that. You cannot induce brotherhood from outside. It has to grow from inside because it is a quality of heart. And for that individual spiritual effort is needed. Not lofty and loud preaching that we are all brothers. I think most good people understand that intellectually but the feeling in the heart may be missing.

The Baha’i Faith is the only religion that has a both a mystical component and a concrete plan for transforming society as a whole. We are enjoined to walk the spiritual path with practical feet.
Why don't you unite the at least 12 different Bahai groups in to one religious group first and then I will find your boasting credible. Let me see all the Bahai groups embrace each other in the spirit of universal brotherhood that Shogi Effendi dreamed about and then I will believe that the Bahai faith can promote universal brotherhood. Your claims make no sense given how divided the Bahai are.

It is logical to believe that because Baha’u’llah wrote it, but one has to first believe that He was who He claimed to be. If He speaks for God then questioning Him is akin to questioning God.
It is not logical to believe because the facts as available in other religions prove that God has sent other prophets much before 2852 AD. There is nothing wrong in questioning God. Reason is a faculty God gave us. Using it to ask questions is the most sensible thing to do and God wouldn't find it offensive because reasoning by it's very nature raises questions. In fact, not questioning creates religious fanatics.

People who have those spiritual needs can follow those spiritual practices. It is not necessary for God to send a new prophet to teach spiritual practices, as they already exist.Baha’u’llah wrote about the purpose of religion, the nature of religion. God sends a new Manifestation only once in every age because that is when one is needed.
Well, the spiritual practices come from the teachings of the prophets. So prophets are necessary especially when certain teachings are lost or get corrupted with time and the need for a new prophet is felt.

You are anthropomorphizing God. Gods is not a human being with needs.
So why did Bahaullah give the form of a Houri to God in some of his mystical poems. You don't understand Bahaullah teachings. Why don't you meditate and calm your mind instead of preaching dogma. Then your will understand.

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
Thank you for explaining your approach. Do you know if anyone asked the Universal House of Justice to explain the contradictions between the teachings of Abdul Baha and Bahaullah over the Trinity and can you share the response of the Universal House of Justice.
Personally I see no need, I have not seen a conflict and have not known a Baha'i that has seen a conflict.

If you post what and how you see a conflict, we may be able to offer more thoughts. I read your quotes above and do not see a conflict.

Regards Tony

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
That may be true but I am not hung up over a word. The truth is that the three aspects of the Spirit (Father, Son and Holy Ghost/Spirit) that became manifest to bring the cosmos in to existence are clearly mentioned in the Bible at several locations. Refer to Matthew 28:19 for example.
God brought the cosmos into existence. Three aspects were not necessary.
Jesus performed many miracles even before his crucifixion like walking on water. Does it mean he did not have a physical body then because the physical body of a man cannot walk on water? No it means, he mastered and operated certain spiritual laws that most men had no clue about.
There is no proof that Jesus ever performed the miracles attributed to him, but it does not really matter because the miracles of Jesus are not what make Jesus who He was. 22: MIRACLES
As I said above, Jesus worked many miracles like raising the dead, curing the blind etc even before crucifixion. What is important to recognize is that he continued to perform miracles like appearing in locked rooms after resurrection. Let me quote directly from the Gospel of Luke to show that the resurrection of Jesus was physical as well.

As they were talking about these things, Jesus himself stood among them, and said to them, “Peace to you!” But they were startled and frightened and thought they saw a spirit. And he said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.” And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they still disbelieved for joy and were marveling, he said to them, “Have you anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate before them.- Luke 24:36-43

Bible Gateway passage: Luke 24 - English Standard Version

So there you go. Jesus is saying he was not a spirit because his resurrected body had flesh and bones. He even ate a piece of fish. So if you set aside, Abdul Baha's views on this matter and study the Bible without bias and pre-conceived notions, you will see the truth.
Jesus was not saying jack squat. These stories about Jesus were written decades after Jesus walked the earth. They are stories, not facts. You can believe them if you want to but it is a complete fabrication as far as I am concerned. Jesus did not rise from the dead after three days. It is the most idiotic belief that Christians have, but there are many others I could add to that.

The worst thing that ever happened to humankind is that so many people actually believed that Jesus rose from the dead and because of that they believe that they will also rise from the dead when Jesus returns. Jesus is not going to return, not EVER, because Baha'u'llah was the return of Jesus Christ. Because of these inane beliefs that Christians have about one third of the human population has rejected Baha'u'llah.

If Jesus rose from the dead, ascended to heaven in the same body, and is going to return in the same body, Baha'u'llah was a liar and a fraud. You have to choose, you cannot believe both. One cannot be a Baha'i and ALSO believe the Christian doctrines because they are logically contradictory.
So what if Thomas did not touch Jesus who convincingly demonstrated that his body was made of flesh and bones. It would have been redundant.

Jesus loved his disciples and not all of them had the same personality. Thomas was the doubting one and for his sake Jesus still retained the wounds. Just read the gospels properly and you will see the truth. Let me quote from the gospel of John.

"One of the twelve disciples, Thomas, was not with the others when Jesus came. They told him, “We have seen the Lord!”

But he replied, “I won’t believe it unless I see the nail wounds in his hands, put my fingers into them, and place my hand into the wound in his side.”

Eight days later the disciples were together again, and this time Thomas was with them. The doors were locked; but suddenly, as before, Jesus was standing among them. “Peace be with you,” he said. Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!”"
“My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed. - John 20:24-28
Bible Gateway passage: John 20 - New Living Translation

Jesus was demonstrating mastery over life and death by his physical resurrection. Without physical resurrection, how would he prove that one can follow his teachings and attain mastery over death and defeat hatred with love and forgiveness.
No, Jesus did not DO any of that. It is all stories that were told about Him. Nobody knows why they were told.
I come from a Hindu background and I find no ambiguity since I am not bound to Abdul Baha's perspective. It appears to me the Bahai are trying to twist the historical facts relating to life of Jesus to fit them in to Abdul Baha's perspective.
Historical facts, that is laughable. There are no historical facts surrounding the New Testament. It is all stories that cannot be verified by anyone, and are thus believed on faith alone. If they were historical facts everyone would be a Christian. :rolleyes: