Favorite Baha'i Books?

Jafar

Former Staff
Mar 2006
Chapel Hill
Kitab'i'Iqan--that book changed me more then anything else i've read, i think.
Seven Valleys
Secret of Divine Civilization
World Order Letters

its been awhile since i've looked at some of these books, though. what is everyone elses experiences?

Jul 2006
Oregon, USA
On the lighter side - I like the book "God Loves Laughter" by Hand of The Cause of God - William Sears.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway

Jul 2006
Pietermaritzburg, Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa
"Next to this unique repository of inestimable treasures must rank that marvelous collection of gem-like utterances, the "Hidden Words" with which Bahá'u'lláh was inspired, as He paced, wrapped in His meditations, the banks of the Tigris

(Shoghi Effendi, God Passes By, p. 139)

Jul 2006
Klang,Malaysia
The Revelation of Baha'u'llah volumes 1 to 4 by Adib Taherzadeh are books
which is well worth reading.It contains so much historical pages of the Fath, notable teachers, touching stories and victories by our early believers.

Jun 2006
California
Recently I came across "Responding: 101 Questions asked of Baha'is" by Dale Eng ...this is an impressive tome and has plenty of good material.

- Art

Jan 2007
Bangkok
Dawn Breakers! I read it in a week when I was 16 or something for no other reason than I wanted to know. My passion for Baha'i history has followed. I always wonder the context that the Writings were written. Why did people do the things they did, if we know what happened in the past maybe we can avoid some of the pit falls in the future.

Jun 2009
earth
The Hidden Words of Bahá'u'lláh always mesmerized me and every time I read it I see something new. The writings of Abdúl-Bahá, I love because they are quite accessible and "Tahirih The Pure" by Martha L Root because this gave me my first ever historical heroine. (History I learned at school all seemed to be about men)