Favorite Baha'i Books?

Sep 2010
N Ireland
"Closer than your Life-Vein' by Henry J Weil. Short, pointed passages from someone who's really experienced the spiritual depth of the Faith.
Also Adib Taherzadeh's writings - deeply erudite, but not in the least out to impress you with himself - no ego in the writing. Apparently the man was also like that in life - he's a real hero in the Irish Baha'i community, and touched many lives.

Dec 2009
United States
I would say that I don't have a favorite, but that wouldn't be truthful. I guess I like The Hidden Words in particular because of how they're separated into parts and they're easy for me to memorize.

"Closer than your Life-Vein' by Henry J Weil. Short, pointed passages from someone who's really experienced the spiritual depth of the Faith.
Also Adib Taherzadeh's writings - deeply erudite, but not in the least out to impress you with himself - no ego in the writing. Apparently the man was also like that in life - he's a real hero in the Irish Baha'i community, and touched many lives.
I have to heartily second any endorsement of Adib Taherzadeh's work - I have learned so much and understood so much more through reading them. Have you heard any of his talks on the human soul? I listened to it many times and it really helped me in sharing the Message with others. Lots of other great talks on this site as well. Check out this link: Baha'i audio talks

Aug 2010
New Zealand mainly
My favourite -- for eloquence, cogency and relevance today -- is Abdu'l-Baha's Sermon on the Art of Governance. In Persian (Resaleh-ye Siyasiyyeh) this is breathtaking.

Dec 2011
Orange County, CA
I agree that Adib Taherzadeh's works are simply amazing. It is easy to read and enjoyable and conveys a knowledge and understanding that is so unique and priceless.

Mar 2013
_
to revive this thread, as it is a fun one, I would add that lately I have just really really been enjoying the Paris Talks. It feels like you are right in the room listening, even being addressed directly.

Oct 2014
Stockholm
Selections From the Writings of 'Abdu'l-Bahá. When I translated that book into my mother tongue, I felt as though that book changed my soul.

gnat

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
My first too books always are worth a read

1st - "God Loves Laughter" and then
2nd - "Thief in the Night".

Both by William Sears - "Thief in the Night" given in such a logical way!

Regards Tony