Gird up the loins of thine endeavor

Aug 2012
anchorage, ak
Gird up the loins of thine endeavor, that haply thou mayest guide thy neighbor to the law of God, the Most Merciful. Such an act, verily, excelleth all other acts in the sight of God, the All-Possessing, the Most High. Such must be thy steadfastness in the Cause of God, that no earthly thing whatsoever will have the power to deter thee from thy duty. Though the powers of earth be leagued against thee, though all men dispute with thee, thou must remain unshaken.

Be unrestrained as the wind, while carrying the Message of Him Who hath caused the Dawn of Divine Guidance to break. Consider, how the wind, faithful to that which God hath ordained, bloweth upon all the regions of the earth, be they inhabited or desolate. Neither the sight of desolation, nor the evidences of prosperity, can either pain or please it. It bloweth in every direction, as bidden by its Creator. So should be every one that claimeth to be a lover of the one true God. It behoveth him to fix his gaze upon the fundamentals of His Faith, and to labor diligently for its propagation. Wholly for the sake of God he should proclaim His Message, and with that same spirit accept whatever response his words may evoke in his hearer. He who shall accept and believe, shall receive his reward; and he who shall turn away, shall receive none other than his own punishment.

On the eve of Our departure from ‘Iráq, We have warned the faithful to anticipate the appearance of the Birds of Darkness. There can be no doubt whatever that the croaking of the Raven shall be raised in certain lands, as it hath been heard in recent years. Whatever may betide, seek refuge in the one true God, that He may shield you from the wiles of the impostor. ~ Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
Thank you for the above quote, I would ask people to study and be aware.

Such things as that overly concern others such as names being called monkeys as has been explained as people of less intelligence, Cows has also been used to explain those who only believe in what they only see. Donkeys also has been used as a explanation of those who use lies to speak out against God Himself, and here Ravens who there very croaking distracts people from the Word of God, so many distractions, God tests His people as to their belief and strength.

Prayer and study is the shield against such problems.

Loving regards
bill

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
The World Order of Bahá'u'lláh

One thing to consider is that the opposition is only just beginning. The world as a whole is yet to try to put out the Light

"HOW GREAT, HOW VERY GREAT IS THE CAUSE! HOW VERY FIERCE THE ONSLAUGHT OF ALL THE PEOPLES AND KINDREDS OF THE EARTH! ERE LONG SHALL THE CLAMOUR OF THE MULTITUDE THROUGHOUT AFRICA, THROUGHOUT AMERICA, THE CRY OF THE EUROPEAN AND OF THE TURK, THE GROANING OF INDIA AND CHINA, BE HEARD FROM FAR AND NEAR. ONE AND ALL THEY SHALL ARISE WITH ALL THEIR POWER TO RESIST HIS CAUSE. THEN SHALL THE KNIGHTS OF THE LORD, ASSISTED BY HIS GRACE FROM ON HIGH, STRENGTHENED BY FAITH, AIDED BY THE POWER OF UNDERSTANDING, AND REINFORCED BY THE LEGIONS OF THE COVENANT, ARISE AND MAKE MANIFEST THE TRUTH OF THE VERSE: `BEHOLD THE CONFUSION THAT HATH BEFALLEN THE TRIBES OF THE DEFEATED!'"

Crisis and Victory

Oct 2014
Stockholm
But the worst suffering of all is boredom: day after day to be obliged to just deal with the most basic material issues, not to detect the faintest light of sincerity around you.

Yes, I admit it: my patience with boredom is very limited.

gnat

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
But the worst suffering of all is boredom: day after day to be obliged to just deal with the most basic material issues, not to detect the faintest light of sincerity around you.

Yes, I admit it: my patience with boredom is very limited.

gnat
Too true Gnat - One has to fish and go fishing a lot.

We tend to not cast the line when their is no bites!

Regards Tony

Oct 2014
Stockholm
Well, I've solved this for myself by engaging in massive translation of our writings into my mother tongue - in order to feel assured that what I do makes some sense. We just have one life on this earth, and it's good to know that one leaves at least something worthwhile behind.

At present there are some discussions going on on this site that could be quite interesting if one could be sure that there is a genuine interest in finding out the truth behind the questions asked. As it is, however, I cannot avoid the suspicion that there is a hidden wish behind them to entangle us in supposed contradictions between different texts in order to find fault with the Faith. That too bores me immensely. Life is too short for that.

gnat

Jul 2011
n ireland
Well, I've solved this for myself by engaging in massive translation of our writings into my mother tongue - in order to feel assured that what I do makes some sense. We just have one life on this earth, and it's good to know that one leaves at least something worthwhile behind.

At present there are some discussions going on on this site that could be quite interesting if one could be sure that there is a genuine interest in finding out the truth behind the questions asked. As it is, however, I cannot avoid the suspicion that there is a hidden wish behind them to entangle us in supposed contradictions between different texts in order to find fault with the Faith. That too bores me immensely. Life is too short for that.

gnat
I thought you were a native English speaker? Your language skills are better than mine lol

Oct 2014
Stockholm
I thought you were a native English speaker? Your language skills are better than mine lol
Oh, I'm just waiting for the day when, at last, the world language has been chosen, and you all will be learning Swedish - and I will be your teacher! :)

gnat

Similiar Baha'i Discussions Forum Date
Baha'i History