Greeting from Turkey!

Dec 2014
Turkey
Hello guys,

I am Ali, new member of the Baha'i forum.
It's so good to have such a this community online, in which we can communicate with each other and learn from each other.
I'm hoping experiencing good discussions and learn more from you All :)

Good luck!

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
Welcome dear Ali

You are most welcome here.

Not sure if you wish to give a little information on life in Turkey or not, is up to you.
I for myself grieve for the many displaced persons that you country has taken in, and their suffering.

Anyway dear friend join with us in our discussions etc.

A loving welcome to you
bill

Nov 2012
Florida
Hello guys,

I am Ali, new member of the Baha'i forum.
It's so good to have such a this community online, in which we can communicate with each other and learn from each other.
I'm hoping experiencing good discussions and learn more from you All :)

Good luck!

I visited your country in 1999 (via cruise ship) and when we docked in Istanbul, I took a walk along the waterfront. Some Turks were grilling lamb and they made a sandwich and offered it to me. Very tasty, nice hospitality, and a gesture of friendship I will long remember. :)

Oct 2014
Stockholm
I visited your country in 1999 (via cruise ship) and when we docked in Istanbul, I took a walk along the waterfront. Some Turks were grilling lamb and they made a sandwich and offered it to me. Very tasty, nice hospitality, and a gesture of friendship I will long remember. :)
Oh, that hospitality, which you so often encounter among people from the Middle East - it really makes one wonder how such wonderful habits can coexist with the horrors that we see in the same part of the world. I live in a very peaceful part of the world - but that kind of hospitality isu nknown here.

gnat

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
Oh, that hospitality, which you so often encounter among people from the Middle East - it really makes one wonder how such wonderful habits can coexist with the horrors that we see in the same part of the world. I live in a very peaceful part of the world - but that kind of hospitality isu nknown here.

gnat
Dear friend

I have encountered the hospitality and kindness of Cambodian people, but look at what happened in their country re Pol Pot.

I being Australia by birth, have a theory, in my country city people appear as a different race from country people. Country people will welcome a new neighbour, with visits and gifts (usually a cake or beverage) whereas city people will shun you, if you try to introduce yourself, fear I guess. When city people drive out west in the country the first thing they find strange is that people in passing cars wave to them, yes country people are more friendly.

Nov 2012
Florida
When city people drive out west in the country the first thing they find strange is that people in passing cars wave to them, yes country people are more friendly.

Bahá’u’lláh loved the beauty and verdure of the country. One day He passed the remark: “I have not gazed on verdure for nine years. The country is the world of the soul, the city is the world of bodies.” BNE, p 35

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
Bahá’u’lláh loved the beauty and verdure of the country. One day He passed the remark: “I have not gazed on verdure for nine years. The country is the world of the soul, the city is the world of bodies.” BNE, p 35
Thank for that quote, dear friend.
I love this about Baha'u'llah, for I also feel so close to God in the countryside and nature.

My dear grandmother, May God bless her, always commented one is nearer God in the garden than anywhere else on earth, I trully beleive this is how she also felt. And I know how much Baha'u'llah loved gardens and flowers and fruiting trees.

Similiar Baha'i Discussions Forum Date
New Users
New Users
New Users
New Users