group prayers

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
Hi all my dear brothers and sisters, all my friends
I have not been here for a rather long time, I was not alright, and I was so depressed and desperate that I could not even think of living one more minute. but now I feel a little better, better enough to come and see how my friends are doing here. and I saw that Bill was sad, Aidan was sad too and maybe "sad" does not convey the depth of the feelings we have all gone through. maybe all of us here had gone through a very difficult period and some of us are probably inside the process (just like myself).
I don't know if what I am going to suggest is good and beneficial or is just a childish idea, but I am going to ask you all, to chose one prayer (or two) and after deciding on the prayer, we should start reading that prayer for one week, seven continuous days, for one another.
so after we decide on the prayer I will pray for all who have commented on this post for one week, and I promise I will pray wholeheartedly, with all my heart and all my being. maybe we can help one another. maybe we can turn into doors of light in one another's lives...
I am looking forward to know your suggested prayers. when we all finish commenting here. then we can start the one week of special prayers :)

Jul 2014
colorado/summer-Oklahoma/winter
I'm in on whatever prayer gets chosen....they are all beautiful and perfect!!!

O God!
Refresh and gladden my spirit.
Purify my heart.
Illumine my powers.
I lay all my affairs in Thy hand.
Thou art my Guide and my Refuge.
I will no longer be sorrowful and grieved.
I will be a happy and joyful being.
O God!
I will no longer be full of anxiety,
nor will I let trouble harass me.
I will not dwell on the unpleasant things of life.
O God!
Thou art more friend to me than I am to myself

Abdu'l-Baha'

Last edited:
Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
I will use this prayer for us all............

Lauded be Thy Name, O Lord our God! Thou art in truth the Knower of things unseen. Ordain for us such good as Thine all-embracing knowledge can measure. Thou art the sovereign Lord, the Almighty, the Best-Beloved.

All praise be unto Thee, O Lord! We shall seek Thy grace on the appointed Day and shall put our whole reliance in Thee, Who art our Lord. Glorified art Thou, O God! Grant us that which is good and seemly that we may be able to dispense with everything but Thee. Verily, Thou art the Lord of all worlds.

O God! Recompense those who endure patiently in Thy days, and strengthen their hearts to walk undeviatingly in the path of Truth. Grant then, O Lord, such goodly gifts as would enable them to gain admittance into Thy blissful Paradise. Exalted art Thou, O Lord God. Let Thy heavenly blessings descend upon homes whose inmates have believed in Thee. Verily, unsurpassed art Thou in sending down divine blessings. Send forth, O God, such hosts as would render Thy faithful servants victorious. Thou dost fashion the created things through the power of Thy decree as Thou pleasest. Thou art in truth the Sovereign, the Creator, the All-Wise.

Say: God is indeed the Maker of all things. He giveth sustenance in plenty to whomsoever He willeth. He is the Creator, the Source of all beings, the Fashioner, the Almighty, the Maker, the All-Wise. He is the Bearer of the most excellent titles throughout the heavens and the earth and whatever lieth between them. All do His bidding, and all the dwellers of earth and heaven celebrate His praise, and unto Him shall all return.

- The Bab

(Compilations, Baha'i Prayers, p. 19)

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
what beautiful choices :) thank you Becky and Bill. so I guess those who are going to read and comment on this thread will agree with these two prayers. so we chose both of these two prayers. now I will wait for one more day to see how many of us are going to comment here...
all my dear friends, you just need to say that "you are in" :) a bigger circle of prayers, in my view, means a bigger circle of energy and light.
we can start the day after tomorrow. so for one week I will pray for all those who comment here, these two prayers that Dear Becky and Bill have suggested :)

Nov 2012
Florida
Many a chilled heart, O my God, hath been set ablaze by the fire of Thy Cause, and many a slumberer hath been wakened by the sweetness of Thy voice. How many are the strangers who have sought shelter beneath the shadow of the tree of Thy oneness, and how numerous the thirsty ones who have panted after the fountain of Thy living waters in Thy days!

Blessed is he that hath set himself towards Thee, and hasted to attain the Dayspring of the lights of Thy face. Blessed is he who with all his affections hath turned to the Dawning-Place of Thy Revelation and the Fountainhead of Thine inspiration. Blessed is he that hath expended in Thy path what Thou didst bestow upon him through Thy bounty and favor. Blessed is he who, in his sore longing after Thee, hath cast away all else except Thyself. Blessed is he who hath enjoyed intimate communion with Thee, and rid himself of all attachment to anyone save Thee.

I beseech Thee, O my Lord, by Him Who is Thy Name, Who, through the power of Thy sovereignty and might, hath risen above the horizon of His prison, to ordain for everyone what becometh Thee and beseemeth Thine exaltation.

Thy might, in truth, is equal to all things.

Bahá’u’lláh

Jul 2011
n ireland
The Tablet of Ahmad has always been a great comforter for me. Also when I was a Catholic I always made the sign of the cross on passing a church, now I say the following 9 words, o God my God my beloved my hearts desire

Jul 2011
n ireland
I'm in on whatever prayer gets chosen....they are all beautiful and perfect!!!

O God!
Refresh and gladden my spirit.
Purify my heart.
Illumine my powers.
I lay all my affairs in Thy hand.
Thou art my Guide and my Refuge.
I will no longer be sorrowful and grieved.
I will be a happy and joyful being.
O God!
I will no longer be full of anxiety,
nor will I let trouble harass me.
I will not dwell on the unpleasant things of life.
O God!
Thou art more friend to me than I am to myself

Abdu'l-Baha'
This little offering prayer is so poignant for me, my beloved sis

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
The Tablet of Ahmad has always been a great comforter for me. Also when I was a Catholic I always made the sign of the cross on passing a church, now I say the following 9 words, o God my God my beloved my hearts desire
Dear friend I think I have mentioned this before, but those 9 words you mentioned are on my lips when I first wake and as I go to sleep at night.

Mar 2013
Netherlands
I will happily say any prayers that's chosen for a week. All have been excellent choices so I won't add to them. If I were to vote on the ones which have been suggested so far I would choose the Tablet of Ahmad because it has special powers and perhaps the first one mentioned -- O God refresh and gladden my spirit -- since it really speaks to the issues you mentioned.