Has anyone ever..

Jun 2011
Somewhere "in this immensity"
If you read the 4 volumes of the Revelation of Baha'u'llah by Taherzadeh, you can read many stories about dreams or visions that believers had about Baha'u'llah. There are also such stories in Stories about Baha'u'llah, and other sources.

I had a dream about Baha'u'llah once, and also about 'Abdu'l-Baha once. I'm not saying what I experienced were visions or real encounters, however they certainly had a very powerful affect on me at the time, and I still remember these as strong experiences after all these years. Both dreams happened in the same year, and I have to admit that they both happened after having met a few believers within a short span who had recounted similar dreams. Perhaps this was what spawned my own dreams. But I remember thinking then "WOW, I've never had a dream like that and can scarsely even imaging such a thing!" The thought of coming face to face with either Baha'u'llah or 'Abdu'l-Baha has always filled me with feelings of unworthiness and fear, because I know how really unworthy I am. Of course, either of them would no doubt be nothing but compassionate and loving, but the thought of them seeing through to my soul is frightening. There is no greater nudity than this, really.

Anyway, lots of believers, from the earliest days of the faith till modern times have had dream experiences of 'Abdu'l-Baha and Baha'u'llah, and sometimes it can really change a person.

Cheers

Dec 2010
Australia
there are lots of experiences around the time of Baha'u'llah. But these days just abdul'Baha..
Anyway noone deserves a dream of Baha'u'llah more than i do. But i dont get one..
You dont know my history so you cant know why i say that..

Jun 2011
there are lots of experiences around the time of Baha'u'llah. But these days just abdul'Baha..
Anyway noone deserves a dream of Baha'u'llah more than i do. But i dont get one..
You dont know my history so you cant know why i say that..
I guess I felt like you around the time it happened to me, with the difference that I didn't feel like I deserved one. It can happen to you, and I guess the stronger you wish it and the more you think about it, the more likely that it is to happen especially if you wish it intensely for a long time. Don't be surprised.

Dec 2010
Australia
I guess I felt like you around the time it happened to me, with the difference that I didn't feel like I deserved one. It can happen to you, and I guess the stronger you wish it and the more you think about it, the more likely that it is to happen especially if you wish it intensely for a long time. Don't be surprised.
thanks..
are you willing to share what happened or not so much.
Im just wondering. Of course its your decision and a personal thing..

Apr 2011
NZ
Links. As in interenet links to lord JEsus visiting people in dreams. THe topic was dreams if you have something on visions that is oktoo...
I didn't speak of people being visited in dreams, I spoke of the traditions of the church which tell us that Christ has appeared to some, that the saints of old have appeared to some. Of course this is just the tradition of the church which your free to accept or reject. Of course I've heard of many people seeing Jesus in dreams and I think some of them are wrong to suggest that God was behind it, even if they believe God was behind it.

Dec 2010
Australia
I didn't speak of people being visited in dreams, I spoke of the traditions of the church which tell us that Christ has appeared to some, that the saints of old have appeared to some. Of course this is just the tradition of the church which your free to accept or reject. Of course I've heard of many people seeing Jesus in dreams and I think some of them are wrong to suggest that God was behind it, even if they believe God was behind it.
appeared to could mean dreams or visions. And your trying to say im supposed to assume you meant just visions but I did account for visions in the last post to you so why are you carrying on??

Jun 2011
That's a good Point Icon.

The mind is capable of many things, including producing all sorts of dreams. I think it is impossible to say that a dream of Jesus (or any other Holy figure) is sent by God. Even so, it can still be very meaningful and significant for the person who has such a dream.