Has anyone seen this?

Oct 2010
Phoenix, AZ
On the morning of 24 May 1844, the day after the announcement of the new age for mankind by the Báb, the first telegram was sent from Baltimore to Washington. For the first time man was, in principle, able to nullify the blocking effect of the horizon and the sound absorption of the air. The inventor of this breakthrough technology, Samuel Morse, in this historic cable asked an intriguing question. It was telegraphed in dots and dashes and read: “What hath God wrought?”

The answer was given in the language of new realities. Within decennia, telephony, transcontinental cable networks, international news agencies and mass media printing were added to the first ticker tape of 1844. Soon thereafter, man-made electromagnetic radio waves began to manipulate the ether under the ionosphere of the planet. Within a century after the perplexing events of 1844, man discovered the technique of watching the whole world on a television screen. Another fifty years later, hundreds of million human brains were interconnected by a worldwide web of data processors. Large quantities of facts and figures filled the most resourceful brain pool the world has ever seen. No stars fell from a collapsing heaven. Instead, at the beginning of the new millennium, about ten thousand midget-moons and space objects were circling in satellite orbits.

In the field of transport and mobility – by land, sea and air – man had revolutionized the physical conditions of civilization. The globalization of being on earth that began in the 19th century had touched politics, economy, international law and, of course, science, technology, and the arts. But only a few understood the purpose concealed within this development, the making of a new world under the guidance of man's Creator. According to the Bahá'í Revelation, God provides mankind all the material means by which peace and tranquility can be established in the world. Since 1844 there is a divine magic in the air for all eyes to see.
From this site.

Coincidence? The new age coinciding with an event that would eventually lead to many modern technologies that has brought us close together? I had predicted it had coincided with the Internet, but this is even more accurate! Bab proclaimed his status the day before the first successful communication between humans over considerable distance!

If it is a coincidence, for me at least, it is one of the most awesome coincidences I have ever learned about!

Sep 2010
United Kingdom
From this site.

Coincidence? The new age coinciding with an event that would eventually lead to many modern technologies that has brought us close together? I had predicted it had coincided with the Internet, but this is even more accurate! Bab proclaimed his status the day before the first successful communication between humans over considerable distance!

If it is a coincidence, for me at least, it is one of the most awesome coincidences I have ever learned about!
:yes: Very intriguing indeed Lunitik! Although I'm a Christian I strongly feel that the Baha'i Faith has a very potent role to play in the future unification of all humankind and the triumph of universal justice. So I would tend to see it as more than a coicidence. Our God works in mysterious ways!

Here's the commemorative centenary stamp for the occasion (my avatar)

It's no 'coincidence' my friends. Yeshua, I am amazed that you have such an excellent understanding of the Baha'i faith and still don't believe Baha'u'llah when he says he is the return of Christ. Who or what do you think he is?

Shoghi Effendi predicted the internet...

Oct 2010
Phoenix, AZ

It's no 'coincidence' my friends. Yeshua, I am amazed that you have such an excellent understanding of the Baha'i faith and still don't believe Baha'u'llah when he says he is the return of Christ. Who or what do you think he is?

I can barely see it, however thank you!
Also, I went to your profile to see if there was a bigger version of it there, and cracked up at the picture therein! Hilarious!

Would you be able to quote the prediction of Shoghi Effendi per chance?

I believe it was the first Baha'i I ever actually talked to in person, but I recall telling him that I thought it was beautiful how this faith coincided with the effective shrinking of this planet. I also believe this new awareness is what is guiding many of our social movements currently, providing evidences that even if they don't know it, God is influencing everyone.

Oct 2010
Phoenix, AZ
:yes: Very intriguing indeed Lunitik! Although I'm a Christian I strongly feel that the Baha'i Faith has a very potent role to play in the future unification of all humankind and the triumph of universal justice. So I would tend to see it as more than a coicidence. Our God works in mysterious ways!
You have difficulty denying those things which Baha'u'llah has declared as the corruptions of Christianity? I think the brutality of the Catholic Church throughout the ages proves that something is suspect, as per the apocalypse, the reasons for this have been revealed.

Nay, more correctly, those explanations ARE the apocalypse.

I can barely see it, however thank you!
Also, I went to your profile to see if there was a bigger version of it there, and cracked up at the picture therein! Hilarious!

Would you be able to quote the prediction of Shoghi Effendi per chance?
I've temporarily replaced the profile pic with the commemorative stamp so you can get a better look - I'll bring the guru back later .... ;)

Here's the quote:
"A mechanism of world inter-communication will be devised, embracing the whole planet, freed from national hindrances and restrictions, and functioning with marvelous swiftness and perfect regularity."
– Shoghi Effendi, The World Order of Baha’u'llah, p. 203

Aug 2010
earth
If you feel like it, feel welcome to list whatever Baha'i-related books that you've already read, Yeshua, so that I or other people can suggest what other books that you might like to read.

Sep 2010
United Kingdom
You have difficulty denying those things which Baha'u'llah has declared as the corruptions of Christianity? I think the brutality of the Catholic Church throughout the ages proves that something is suspect, as per the apocalypse, the reasons for this have been revealed.

Nay, more correctly, those explanations ARE the apocalypse.
Sorry Lunitik could you please explain to me what you mean by the above? I don't really understand what your talking about :confused:

Sep 2010
United Kingdom

Hi Whine :yes:

Who or what do I think Baha'u'llah is? That is an interesting question without a simple answer either. I believe that Baha'u'llah was a man who recognised that humankind could be better and progress further than it had in the 19th century. He was a man who was awakened to the suffering of others and the ills afflicting the world. He observed all the ruinous wars of his and former eras, all the strife between different religions, nations and men. He took note of all the man-made barriers that humanity had set up to cause schism and prevent the achievement of unity such as bigotry, racism and sexism. And he believed, sincerely I feel, that he had been called by God and appointed for a special Divine Mission in the world - to sow the seeds of peace and contribute to the formation of a new, advanced, superior human civilisation in which much of the sadness and grief and misery and suffering which pervades this present reality would cease to exist. His teachings are some of the most profound works written in any language and still have much to contribute to the emerging global conciousness of the human race. I do not regard him as being the Return of Christ. He was certainly 'Christ-like' but for me not Christ. I do not believe he was a Manifestation, in the sense that everything he said was infallible. For me only Jesus truly fits that role of divine teacher. Nor do I regard Baha'u'llah as a lying imposter. He was a man who cared deeply for human suffering and believed in the depths of his heart that he had been called to restore all things and set all crooked paths straight. He was an admirable man and he holds a place in my heart. I believe that he had a genuine and intense experience of the Divine that changed his life forever. I believe that this experience occurred while in prison. I believe that he found within his soul a repository of natural God-given knowledge and wanted to share this profound, spiritual fruit with all humanity, for the betterment of human society. He was a good man, a worthy man, an honourable man and a visionary man. I deeply respect him but I do not regard him as the Second Coming of Jesus.

Last edited: