Have humans always existed?

Jul 2018
Tarshish, bound for Nineveh
Recently I read somewhere that according to Baha’u’llah, humans existed on other planets before they evolved on earth, and humans have existed as long as God has existed, which is from eternity. I cannot remember where I read this so I could be remembering it incorrectly. Does anyone here know if this is true or if there are any Baha’i quotes that support it?
Hi,

I am not aware of Baha'u'llah having ever writing that "humans existed on other planets before they evolved on earth" and I think you are probably confused about that. Do you know where you got that idea from?

Cheers

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Hi,

I am not aware of Baha'u'llah having ever writing that "humans existed on other planets before they evolved on earth" and I think you are probably confused about that. Do you know where you got that idea from?

Cheers
No, I do not remember, but hearing the replies I think I must have been wrong.

Mar 2015
Bend area, Oregon
Trailblazer:

Perhaps these quotes are relevant to your query and will be of interest to you:

“Thou hast, moreover, asked Me concerning the nature of the celestial spheres. To comprehend their nature, it would be necessary to inquire into the meaning of the allusions that have been made in the Books of old to the celestial spheres and the heavens, and to discover the character of their relationship to this physical world, and the influence which they exert upon it. Every heart is filled with wonder at so bewildering a theme, and every mind is perplexed by its mystery. God, alone, can fathom its import…. Know thou that every fixed star hath its own planets, and every planet its own creatures, whose number no man can compute.” (Bahá’u’lláh, Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, LXXXII)

“The earth has its inhabitants, the water and the air contain many living beings… then how is it possible to conceive that these stupendous stellar bodies are not inhabited? Verily, they are peopled, but let it be known that the dwellers accord with the elements of their respective spheres. These living beings do not have states of consciousness like unto those who live on the surface of this globe: the power of adaptation and environment molds their bodies and states of consciousness, just as our bodies and minds are suited to our planet.” (`Abdu'l-Bahá, Divine Philosophy, pp. 114-115)

"As you rightly state, Bahá’u’lláh affirms that every fixed star has its planets, and every planet its own creatures. The House of Justice states however, that it has not discovered anything in the Bahá’í Writings which would indicate the degree of progress such creatures may have attained. Obviously, as creatures of earth have managed to construct space probes and send them into outer space, it can be believed that creatures on other planets may have succeeded in doing likewise." (From a letter dated 11 January 1982 written on behalf of the Universal House of Justice to an individual believer, published in a letter from the Universal House of Justice, 1996 Aug 06, "Sabeans, UFOs, Alien Abduction and Genetic Engineering")

LR

Sep 2018
usa
Thanks. I know that quote, but does that means that humans have always existed in their present form before they evolved on earth?
the meaning is up to the reader,

i think its, human in a sense of a spiritual being.
because, the contingent world or this physical realm, is always evolving towards perfection.
but i could be wrong

Reactions: Trailblazer
Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Trailblazer:

Perhaps these quotes are relevant to your query and will be of interest to you:

“Thou hast, moreover, asked Me concerning the nature of the celestial spheres. To comprehend their nature, it would be necessary to inquire into the meaning of the allusions that have been made in the Books of old to the celestial spheres and the heavens, and to discover the character of their relationship to this physical world, and the influence which they exert upon it. Every heart is filled with wonder at so bewildering a theme, and every mind is perplexed by its mystery. God, alone, can fathom its import…. Know thou that every fixed star hath its own planets, and every planet its own creatures, whose number no man can compute.” (Bahá’u’lláh, Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, LXXXII)

“The earth has its inhabitants, the water and the air contain many living beings… then how is it possible to conceive that these stupendous stellar bodies are not inhabited? Verily, they are peopled, but let it be known that the dwellers accord with the elements of their respective spheres. These living beings do not have states of consciousness like unto those who live on the surface of this globe: the power of adaptation and environment molds their bodies and states of consciousness, just as our bodies and minds are suited to our planet.” (`Abdu'l-Bahá, Divine Philosophy, pp. 114-115)

"As you rightly state, Bahá’u’lláh affirms that every fixed star has its planets, and every planet its own creatures. The House of Justice states however, that it has not discovered anything in the Bahá’í Writings which would indicate the degree of progress such creatures may have attained. Obviously, as creatures of earth have managed to construct space probes and send them into outer space, it can be believed that creatures on other planets may have succeeded in doing likewise." (From a letter dated 11 January 1982 written on behalf of the Universal House of Justice to an individual believer, published in a letter from the Universal House of Justice, 1996 Aug 06, "Sabeans, UFOs, Alien Abduction and Genetic Engineering")

LR
Thanks so much Larry. I was aware of the first quote from Gleanings, but I never saw the other two quotes. I can most definitely use these quotes to post to my atheist friend. I know he will be fascinated. :)

Oct 2019
Vrindavan
Recently I read somewhere that according to Baha’u’llah, humans existed on other planets before they evolved on earth, and humans have existed as long as God has existed, which is from eternity. I cannot remember where I read this so I could be remembering it incorrectly. Does anyone here know if this is true or if there are any Baha’i quotes that support it?
Hm, humans are the result of evolution, how can they exist before evolution? What are your realizations in this question?

Oct 2019
Vrindavan
But maybe the way, how humans are, changes through evolution. If there are cyclical processes, then perhaps the way humans are changes.
Often the linear, evolutionary understanding (Homo neandertalensis, Homo sapiens sapiens...) seems to contradict cyclical notions.
But that does not have to be the case. Cyclic ideas say something about human consciousness. Within the limitations that exist through physical state of development, language and environments, there can still be different development cycles of the individual within these variables.
Development is linear to our perception of time, but all processes repeat themselves. Neanderthals can also experience a Satya Yuga and realize the principles of truth and virtue within the framework of their development.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trailblazer