Have humans always existed?

Jcc

Mar 2013
Edwardsville, Illinois, USA
Hm, humans are the result of evolution, how can they exist before evolution? What are your realizations in this question?
Evolution has taken place on other planets before Earth was formed, and the apex of evolution in each case is the human soul, which is at the transition between the material world and the spiritual world of God. Even before the “Big Bang” 15 billion years ago, there were other universes created, developed and died infinitely far into the past. That’s how humans have always existed.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Evolution has taken place on other planets before Earth was formed, and the apex of evolution in each case is the human soul, which is at the transition between the material world and the spiritual world of God. Even before the “Big Bang” 15 billion years ago, there were other universes created, developed and died infinitely far into the past. That’s how humans have always existed.
That sounds very interesting, do you have any Baha'i Writings that support this theory the humans have existed in other universes and on other planets?

Jcc

Mar 2013
That sounds very interesting, do you have any Baha'i Writings that support this theory the humans have existed in other universes and on other planets?
Here are quotes from The Bab and Baha’u’llah (below) which indicate that humans have always existed and will exist forever. They obviously don’t mention the Big Bang or other universes. It is a teaching of Baha’u’llah that religion and science must agree, so I am proposing that they might agree in this way. Modern science tells us that the universe that we see had a beginning about 15 billion years ago (the Big Bang), but that whatever caused it might have happened before and could happen again, Hence a “beginning which hath no beginning”

FROM the beginning that hath no beginning all men have bowed in adoration before Him Whom God shall make manifest and will continue to do so until the end that hath no end.
The Bab

The process of His creation hath had no beginning and can have no end, otherwise it would necessitate the cessation of His celestial grace. God hath raised up Prophets and revealed Books as numerous as the creatures of the world, and will continue to do so to everlasting.
The Bab

As to thy question concerning the origin of creation. Know assuredly that God’s creation hath existed from eternity, and will continue to exist forever. Its beginning hath had no beginning, and its end knoweth no end. His name, the Creator, presupposeth a creation, even as His title, the Lord of Men, must involve the existence of a servant.
Baha’u’llah

Reactions: Trailblazer

Jcc

Mar 2013
To clarify a bit: Baha’u’llah said God’s creation has existed from eternity and will continue to exist forever. Humans have existed on earth for a few hundred thousand years, that’s not forever, so where did they exist previously? Even if you include hominids such as Homo erectus as humans, they go back a few million years, that’s still not forever. Life on earth has existed for maybe a billion, the earth itself for over 4 billion. All the matter and energy that makes up the visible universe was created in an instant about 15 billion years ago. That’s a very long time, but not forever. One way for what Baha’u’llah said to be true is that this process has repeated infinitely in the past and will continue to repeat forever into the future.

Apr 2011
Hyrule
Recently I read somewhere that according to Baha’u’llah, humans existed on other planets before they evolved on earth, and humans have existed as long as God has existed, which is from eternity. I cannot remember where I read this so I could be remembering it incorrectly. Does anyone here know if this is true or if there are any Baha’i quotes that support it?
There is an additional text from Abdu‘l-Bahá here.